BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-23-2018, 02:36 PM   #353
Tlon
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Owners of the previous version are notorious for bashing the new model. When Bangle is involved in the discussion, its even more fun. I was the proud owner of the fabulous and amazing E39 when the horribly Bangled E60 5er was launched. Boy did I hate that hot mess of a car. The E60 5er grew on some people but I continue to hate the look up to this day.

Hopefully, your distaste for the ass end of the G05 will diminish once we see what it really looks like. If not, take good care of your current X5. It's a great looking ride.
I hear that. I'm guessing it will look better in person. Really, no car designer would put out a car with the lines in the renders. They're far too exaggerated.

To your point, though, I had (and still have) high hopes for the G05 precisely because I find the F15 to be far less attractive than the E70 LCI (I had two!). Everything with the F15 other than the appearance strikes me as a step above the E70 (I have the last year of active (hydraulic) steering as an option, so even that works well), but boy do I dislike the bloated, rounded profile. I ended up buying out my F15 at the end of my lease so I wouldn't have to get into another lease on the F15, all in the hope that the G05 would look better. Then, the G01 came out and my expectations rose again. I think the G01 is the best looking SUV out there. I assumed the G05 would follow the look of the G01 and be a stunner. Instead, they seem to have decided to introduce a whole new bizarre design flare into their flagship model.

So, I'm probably more disappointed in that body line because of my frustration with the F15 rather than liking it the F15 too much.

I'd get a G01 but I would miss the space and appointments of the X5, especially since they removed the option of multi-contour seats on the X3..
Appreciate 1
sygazelle11104.50
      05-27-2018, 12:24 PM   #354
BitchinManWheels
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M4, Z4, X5, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpSQLDude View Post
Remember when the first iPhone came out and many (old) people said a "real" phone has to have "real" buttons?

Someone want to send that memo to BMW?!

What do they think this is, a Porsche?!?!

Unless you're still rockin' a flip phone, you know this is the future...

Take away that big shiny screen and you have the worst interior of any car on the road!