Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW i4 M50

Garage List
2023 BMW i4 M50  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaman100 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzer666 View Post
Correction: I'm running iDrive 11/2020.45 I checked both the automatic high beam setting and the ambient lights, both are being remembered without issues.
I am running the same software version and can confirm the auto high beam setting is still malfunctioning. Setting not being retained. I guess we could rename this feature to partial auto high beam.
My hunch is there are multiple pieces of software running on our cars and iDrive is only one of them. If we're both running the same iDrive version and have different behaviors it likely means iDrive is not controlling this feature. You can always take it in the dealer and ask if there are any software updates available for the car. I've done this in the past and was able to get stuff working.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 08:46 PM   #46
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
My hunch is there are multiple pieces of software running on our cars and iDrive is only one of them. If we're both running the same iDrive version and have different behaviors it likely means iDrive is not controlling this feature. You can always take it in the dealer and ask if there are any software updates available for the car. I've done this in the past and was able to get stuff working.
Obviously this is not the case with Auto headlights. Many have had their dealer perform updates that didn't fix this issue. I suspect this issue was caused by one of the 2019 updates since all the updates up to the current 2020/11.xx update has not fixed the issue for most owners.

This seems to be a common problem with BMW. Release an update to fix one issue and break something that was working fine before the update. BMW probably prioritizes which bug fixes get fixed first regardless if an update breaks something else in the process.

This is common practice in today's technology world. I've been dealing with it in the tech industry for the last 20 years.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 07:14 PM   #47
floridaman100
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 xDrive40I

Quote:
There isn't any other software to install that I am aware of. The dealer installed 11/2020.45 and the issue still exists. I have noticed it to be less prevalent than before the update. It seems that the setting is remembered for 24 hours, but I have to do more observations to confirm this.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 08:58 PM   #48
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaman100 View Post
There isn't any other software to install that I am aware of. The dealer installed 11/2020.45 and the issue still exists. I have noticed it to be less prevalent than before the update. It seems that the setting is remembered for 24 hours, but I have to do more observations to confirm this.
It's more than 24 hours in my case. It's better with the 07/2020.54 than it was on the previous version. It's completely random for me. Sometimes it remembers the setting for a couple of days or more. Then all of a sudden I start the car in the garage and the Auto High beams aren't engaged.

I believe there is some specific scenario that triggers it to forget/turn off the Auto High Beam setting. I just haven't figured out what scenario it is that triggers it.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 09:20 PM   #49
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
It's more than 24 hours in my case. It's better with the 07/2020.54 than it was on the previous version. It's completely random for me. Sometimes it remembers the setting for a couple of days or more. Then all of a sudden I start the car in the garage and the Auto High beams aren't engaged.

I believe there is some specific scenario that triggers it to forget/turn off the Auto High Beam setting. I just haven't figured out what scenario it is that triggers it.
Mine is the same. Currently it is going on two weeks since I last had to turn it on. Sometimes it is just a few days. I have also not been able to determine any pattern as the cause.