BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-02-2023, 03:58 PM   #1
megabmw
Private
Rep
Drives: GT 630dx and i3

Integral Active steering - Europe order

Anyone that ordered a LCI with 2VH integral active steering and got production week?

I have ordered a fully loaded individual colored 50e, production was week 33 but is now pushed to week 48 because of the 2VH can't be delivered before. I really need the car delivered before new year because of new tax rules in Norway, so this is a deal breaker for me. I have had G05 before with 2VH, and I do not want one without.
Appreciate 1
FIOSCH30.50
      08-03-2023, 02:42 PM   #2
Heavyd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

No. IAS is not available and was deleted from initial LCI orders. Two weeks ago my dealer said it’s still not available and they don’t know when it will become available again.

That would be pretty disappointing if it becomes available for end of the year because I could have waited. But as usual BMW dealers are clueless and BMW does not communicate…
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 04:14 AM   #3
FIOSCH
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Mercedes GLE 350 de

Quote:
Originally Posted by megabmw View Post
Anyone that ordered a LCI with 2VH integral active steering and got production week?

I have ordered a fully loaded individual colored 50e, production was week 33 but is now pushed to week 48 because of the 2VH can't be delivered before. I really need the car delivered before new year because of new tax rules in Norway, so this is a deal breaker for me. I have had G05 before with 2VH, and I do not want one without.
Has your dealer confirmed that IAS (2VH) definitely will be available to add to 50e build from week 48 production?

Like you that’s a feature I really would like to have, and for that and other reasons, in May cancelled the 50e that I had ordered in February and now looking to order another when IAS can be specified.

Actually searching cars that dealerships have in stock in the UK, I’ve come across a few 50e with 2VH (according to description in the adverts) but unfortunately not in other respects the specification I’m after. If those cars really did have IAS, I imagine they were ordered by those dealerships very early on, prior to the LCI being available for customers to order, as when I came to place an order in early February, almost immediately the configurator for the LCI went live on BMW’s UK website, the IAS option could not be selected. However, it has remained in the ‘Add other extras’ on the configurator, presumably for reactivation at a later date?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 05:35 AM   #4
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIOSCH View Post
Has your dealer confirmed that IAS (2VH) definitely will be available to add to 50e build from week 48 production?

Like you that’s a feature I really would like to have, and for that and other reasons, in May cancelled the 50e that I had ordered in February and now looking to order another when IAS can be specified.

Actually searching cars that dealerships have in stock in the UK, I’ve come across a few 50e with 2VH (according to description in the adverts) but unfortunately not in other respects the specification I’m after. If those cars really did have IAS, I imagine they were ordered by those dealerships very early on, prior to the LCI being available for customers to order, as when I came to place an order in early February, almost immediately the configurator for the LCI went live on BMW’s UK website, the IAS option could not be selected. However, it has remained in the ‘Add other extras’ on the configurator, presumably for reactivation at a later date?
I don’t believe there are 50e’s with IAS. In Belgium we could order from December 2022 and option IAS. All these orders got IAS deleted before production started in April.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 05:46 AM   #5
FIOSCH
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
I don’t believe there are 50e’s with IAS. In Belgium we could order from December 2022 and option IAS. All these orders got IAS deleted before production started in April.
I think you’re probably right. It’s possible a few slipped through (perhaps some that dealers ordered for their own stock that BMW decided to honour) but more likely explanation is mistake in the advert description. One dealer I contacted about this seemed completely clueless - nothing new there!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 06:05 AM   #6
SwissBeemer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
There's certainly none.

There's a lot of guys on the German forum who are waiting for IAS but judging from what people hear from dealers it doesn't look great. One guy that ordered in February already but insists on IAS received a production week 50 but only verbally, so nothing binding an he's still in status 111. Some dealers when asked expect it to become available around Q1 2024 but someone else was recently told by a dealer that IAS will never be available again for the G05 except for the M60i.

So I wouldn't hold my breath, especially if a delivery in 2023 is a necessity.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 06:12 AM   #7
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissBeemer View Post
There's certainly none.

There's a lot of guys on the German forum who are waiting for IAS but judging from what people hear from dealers it doesn't look great. One guy that ordered in February already but insists on IAS received a production week 50 but only verbally, so nothing binding an he's still in status 111. Some dealers when asked expect it to become available around Q1 2024 but someone else was recently told by a dealer that IAS will never be available again for the G05 except for the M60i.

So I wouldn't hold my breath, especially if a delivery in 2023 is a necessity.
My dealer also told me that there is a great possibility that it will never become available. Because it’s already many months and they don’t know anything from BMW when it would come back.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 09:14 AM   #8
FIOSCH
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Of course the dealers have an interest in downplaying/denying the prospect of IAS becoming available again because they’d rather you go ahead with an order now, forgoing that option.

Am I right in thinking that pre-LCI, the IAS was not standard on the M50i but rather optional on that as well as all other X5 models? If that’s the case, having made it standard for the M60i, they’ve had to remove the option from the other models to manage temporary parts shortage maybe, but when that eases it’ll be opened up again across the range?

Would be grateful for a link to the German forum to see what they’re saying there if I may?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 10:32 AM   #9
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Of course the dealers have an interest in downplaying/denying the prospect of IAS becoming available again because they’d rather you go ahead with an order now, forgoing that option.

Am I right in thinking that pre-LCI, the IAS was not standard on the M50i but rather optional on that as well as all other X5 models? If that’s the case, having made it standard for the M60i, they’ve had to remove the option from the other models to manage temporary parts shortage maybe, but when that eases it’ll be opened up again across the range?

Would be grateful for a link to the German forum to see what they’re saying there if I may?

Don’t think dealers are downplaying. They are just clueless as with everything else

I have it on my 45e and it was an option. I couldn’t add it on my 50e.
Too bad they didn’t make it available for the 50e like some others options that are only available for the 50e.

In the US the option isn’t available to my understanding and according to my dealer it wasn’t an option buyers took frequently. Dealer said they could add it on the 45e until the last minute of 45e orders and it was available the first weeks of LCI orders and then it all got deleted. How strange is that?
So I really don’t buy the shortage crap. Shortages for more than 6 months and totally no timeline when it would be available again? That’s just BS.

I really think it won’t become available on the 50e because BMW will have it for more exclusive models.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 10:41 AM   #10
Heavyd
Major
Rep

BTW dealer told he also lost orders because of no IAS. So why doesn’t BMW communicate about this?
This is as just a disaster as the OS 8.5 communication.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 01:08 PM   #11
FIOSCH
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Makes perfect sense what you’re saying though, as I say, the IAS option is still there on the UK configurator (it’s just that currently you can’t select it) and if it were never going to be available for the LCI X5 (apart from as standard on the M60i) wouldn’t the option by now have been completely removed from ‘Add more extras’, or indeed not included in the first place when the configurator for the LCI was launched? And it seems to me a distinct possibility that there is some limitation on capacity with respect to this option requiring it initially to be reserved for the M60i.

Therefore I’m going to delay placing new order until early next year and if by then the IAS option remains unavailable, will proceed without as for me not a deal breaker.

Below is image of an advert that a BMW dealer local to me (Sytner) had on Autotrader in June, for a 50e listing it with ‘OPTION-2VH-Integral Active Steering’. However, that tagged onto the description of the wheels, rather than appearing as a separate item, may indicate that it was included in error. The dealer could not explain nor confirm to me whether the car in fact had IAS but actually not convinced they even understood what I was asking about! Really very boring for them when a customer wants to know about the car, particularly anything technical - they’d far rather talk about their (expensive) finance and insurance products!

Name:  Image.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  203.7 KB
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 01:42 PM   #12
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Makes perfect sense what you’re saying though, as I say, the IAS option is still there on the UK configurator (it’s just that currently you can’t select it) and if it were never going to be available for the LCI X5 (apart from as standard on the M60i) wouldn’t the option by now have been completely removed from ‘Add more extras’, or indeed not included in the first place when the configurator for the LCI was launched? And it seems to me a distinct possibility that there is some limitation on capacity with respect to this option requiring it initially to be reserved for the M60i.

Therefore I’m going to delay placing new order until early next year and if by then the IAS option remains unavailable, will proceed without as for me not a deal breaker.

Below is image of an advert that a BMW dealer local to me (Sytner) had on Autotrader in June, for a 50e listing it with ‘OPTION-2VH-Integral Active Steering’. However, that tagged onto the description of the wheels, rather than appearing as a separate item, may indicate that it was included in error. The dealer could not explain nor confirm to me whether the car in fact had IAS but actually not convinced they even understood what I was asking about! Really very boring for them when a customer wants to know about the car, particularly anything technical - they’d far rather talk about their (expensive) finance and insurance products!

Attachment 3245559
Only way to know if that car has IAS is IMO to put the VIN in a VIN decoder.

IAS has been removed from the Belgian configurator many months ago and is still not available.
I thought it was also removed from the German BMW configurator?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 03:45 PM   #13
FIOSCH
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

You’re right - can’t see it on the German configurator - maybe BMW UK didn’t get the memo!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2023, 06:11 AM   #14
SwissBeemer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 50e

Quote:
It's been all over the place so hard to give you a single link really. There's been a recent thread here and it's been briefly touched here but generally it's probably best to search for "Integral" and "IAL" and see what comes up as it's been discussed numerous times all over the forum.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2023, 06:39 AM   #15
FIOSCH
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Many thanks
Appreciate 1
      08-13-2023, 04:27 PM   #16
megabmw
Private
Rep
Drives: GT 630dx and i3

Quote:
Yes, thats confirmed.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2023, 09:16 AM   #17
Neomannen
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 50e 2024 (soon)

This review came out today from Autogefühl. The X5 50e in the video has among other things, IAS, heated/cooled cupholders and iDrive 8.5.

I have one 50e on order myself that will be delivered end of year (or beginning of next), so I will definitely try to order integral active steering!

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2023, 09:40 AM   #18
Mtn2Srf
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neomannen View Post
This review came out today from Autogefühl. The X5 50e in the video has among other things, IAS, heated/cooled cupholders and iDrive 8.5.

I have one 50e on order myself that will be delivered end of year (or beginning of next), so I will definitely try to order integral active steering!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX36dtvVAKM
I always like his reviews, something about a German accent, talking about a German vehicle, I dig it!

Looking forward to getting IAS again on my M60. I had it before on my M50i and really liked it.

It took a moment to get used to the back end feeling like it swung out a tiny bit under acceleration and tighter turn , but it’s a great option!
      08-15-2023, 03:02 AM   #19
flatland
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 50e

Quote:
Yes, thats confirmed.
I've ordered a e50 (in Belgium) and my dealer has no info at all on IAS availability (or so he says). Since I have a parking spot in a narrow area I'm now tempted to ask for a later delivery if possible (currently scheduled in end of November). IAS is discussed in the autogefuehl thread (and actual YouTube comments), I'll be watching closely.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2023, 01:16 PM   #20
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Yes, thats confirmed.
So sad that BMW doesn't want to communicatie about such an important option so that customers who want this can or could delay an order.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2023, 05:52 AM   #21
dragonfly4
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5

Has anyone received any updates about IAS?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 06:14 AM   #22
flatland
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 50e

the option is now available on the Be configurator for most (if not all) models.
Appreciate 0