BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-26-2021, 04:04 PM   #1
jps3b
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 M50i

Hello all. A new member here just purchased my third BMW (X5 M50i Dravit grey, Tartufo interior, shadow line, Executive, 22" 742). I'll post pics when it's done getting PPF/CC entire body and tinted by Xpel. I live in SoCal and the market is crazy right now. Is anyone out there getting any discounts on any of their recent purchases? The dealership tried to charge me 7K "market adjustment" of course I told him to pound sand but I did end up paying the entire MSRP. I'm not complaining because I'm driving a gorgeous car. Just wondering if anyone got a discount. By the way, I've owned a 2000 M Roadster and a 2009 X6 x50
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 04:36 PM   #2
Chuck_skyline
Rep
Drives: ‘22 BMW X545e

I’m in the Bay Area and working on ordering a new X45e with no discount from MSRP - I asked for 4% and was immediately denied. Then I asked for $2K ($74K sticker) and it was also denied given they will need to trade for an Oct allocation. We’ll see if the Oct allocation comes through but it seems like Nov is already very full before the allocation even opens at other dealers in the area.
Appreciate 1
jps3b84.00
      09-26-2021, 04:45 PM   #3
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_skyline View Post
I’m in the Bay Area and working on ordering a new X45e with no discount from MSRP - I asked for 4% and was immediately denied. Then I asked for $2K ($74K sticker) and it was also denied given they will need to trade for an Oct allocation. We’ll see if the Oct allocation comes through but it seems like Nov is already very full before the allocation even opens at other dealers in the area.
I've had 3 friends now buy a new 45e in the last 6 months and no one got any discount other than the Fed credit. As far as I know it is the only X5 model with no available inventory sitting on lots.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 04:46 PM   #4
jps3b
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wow! Things are rough out there. I'm glad I didn't hesitate. Luckily, I found one on the Autonation website and drone 97 miles to go pick up my new ride. Good luck with your order chuck. Here are some pics the sales associate took. Again, as soon as I get the car back, I'll post really good photos. [IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-26-2021, 11:05 PM   #5
Chuck_skyline
Rep
Drives: ‘22 BMW X545e

That looks great!
Appreciate 1
jps3b84.00
      09-28-2021, 09:39 AM   #6
Stoshu
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps3b View Post
Wow! Things are rough out there. I'm glad I didn't hesitate. Luckily, I found one on the Autonation website and drone 97 miles to go pick up my new ride. Good luck with your order chuck. Here are some pics the sales associate took. Again, as soon as I get the car back, I'll post really good photos. [IMG][/IMG]
Saw the reflection of the wheel on the last picture and thought, “OMG there’s a huge dent in that new car!” Freak out until my brain sorted it out!
Appreciate 2
jps3b84.00
DG-X5166.50
      09-28-2021, 12:14 PM   #7
G07xG80
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 - 2024 M3 Comp

Wow that's a beauty! What a gorgeous color combo! Enjoy and be safe!
Appreciate 1
jps3b84.00
      09-28-2021, 01:01 PM   #8
jps3b
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoshu View Post
Quote:
Saw the reflection of the wheel on the last picture and thought, “OMG there’s a huge dent in that new car!” Freak out until my brain sorted it out!
😂. I sent the pics to my mom and she said the same thing. She was asking me if I bought a brand new car with a dent in it. I was like "yeah mom, BMW sold me a car with a huge dent in the side" 😂🤣🤣😂she told me just wait until you get old😅
Appreciate 2
Stoshu494.00
      09-28-2021, 02:06 PM   #9
Axxlrod
Dude man
Rep
Drives: X5/X7/Acura NSX

Quote:
Ha. That's BMW Encinitas, my local dealer. I've tried to buy a car there countless times, and they always act like they have the only BMWs left to sell in the world.

Tried to buy an X5 there two months ago. $10k markup. I told them they were crazy, and they said I'm the crazy one... that no other dealers have these in stock... they're hard to get ...

Autonation dealers suck.

Ended up ordering my X5 for a 3.5% discount from BMW Santa Maria.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 02:51 PM   #10
jps3b
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Quote:
Ha. That's BMW Encinitas, my local dealer. I've tried to buy a car there countless times, and they always act like they have the only BMWs left to sell in the world.

Tried to buy an X5 there two months ago. $10k markup. I told them they were crazy, and they said I'm the crazy one... that no other dealers have these in stock... they're hard to get ...

Autonation dealers suck.

Ended up ordering my X5 for a 3.5% discount from BMW Santa Maria.
I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them. Although I did have a terrible experience with Valencia BMW who,is an autonation affiliate, the manager at Encinitas (Steve) really treated me well and didn't charge me the 7K market adjustment. Had Valencia BMW hadn't of wasted my time and effort, this would have been my third BWW purchased from that dealership (2000 M Roadster,2009 X6 X5)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 03:00 PM   #11
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
There are Bay Area Dealers willing to discount - multiple people have gotten them on orders (though whether they hold at paper signing is always a different question).

If you have delivery constraints (i.e., need a vehicle by Nov) it'll make it harder. If you PM me I can give you some ideas.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 02:44 PM   #12
jps3b
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G05xG30 View Post
Wow that's a beauty! What a gorgeous color combo! Enjoy and be safe!
Thanks for the well wishes 🙏🏽
Appreciate 0