BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-25-2021, 07:00 PM   #23
R-M4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6 M CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliman View Post
I went with the BV900x dual with BL750 battery pack(It's slimmer than the blackvue ) I mounted the BL750 in the rear compartment drivers side behind the the control box. Totally out of site. Also went with a blendmount. I also installed a mylo remote control to turn off and on the camera so I don't have to use battery when my car is parked in my garage and no need for parking mode. I keep 1 remote in the car other in the house.

here a pick of the bl-750 mounted in compartment (F96)
Very compact setup. 👍
How long does the battery last in parking mode?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 08:05 PM   #24
denaliman
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X6M Competition

Garage List
2013 X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-M4 View Post
Very compact setup. 👍
About 22-24 hours with 900x 2 channel.

Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 09:01 PM   #25
R-M4
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliman View Post
Quote:
Very compact setup. 👍
About 22-24 hours with 900x 2 channel.
Nice!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 09:39 PM   #26
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG-X5 View Post
Glad to answer any questions!
Quote:
Please, no worries and you can ask away.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
any tips on running the wires in the G05 front to back? i.e., how you did it, any tools you used, etc?

Last edited by GrussGott; 10-25-2021 at 09:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 05:21 AM   #27
R-M4
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Quote:
Quote:

any tips on running the wires in the G05 front to back? i.e., how you did it, any tools you used, etc?
You hide the cable under the rubber seal for the door. Blackvue includes a small pry tool.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18113.00
      10-30-2021, 10:03 PM   #28
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36, E46, E90, G05 and MB W205

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You hide the cable under the rubber seal for the door. Blackvue includes a small pry tool.
Ok so I got the cam installed professionally today and when I try to access it from the app it asks me to join a cloud account and one option is the lte connectivity which I don't have as that requires a SIM card and the other option is WiFi hotspot and when I click WiFi hotspot it asks me to setup a hotspot. What am I doing wrong?

Also, sometimes it asks me to join the camera WiFi and I click on that and it connects and immediately disconnects- could it be because I have carplay connected?

Lastly, the guy who installed it said he has installed a ton of Blackvue camera's and he has never seen a non Blackvue SD card work on them. I bought the exact one you recommended so is there Something j need to do to get it working?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2021, 07:27 AM   #29
denaliman
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X6M Competition

Garage List
2013 X6M  [0.00]
I use a Samsung endurance pro micro SD with no problems BV 900x. YMMV.

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2021, 08:32 AM   #30
R-M4
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by samvora View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok so I got the cam installed professionally today and when I try to access it from the app it asks me to join a cloud account and one option is the lte connectivity which I don't have as that requires a SIM card and the other option is WiFi hotspot and when I click WiFi hotspot it asks me to setup a hotspot. What am I doing wrong?

Also, sometimes it asks me to join the camera WiFi and I click on that and it connects and immediately disconnects- could it be because I have carplay connected?

Lastly, the guy who installed it said he has installed a ton of Blackvue camera's and he has never seen a non Blackvue SD card work on them. I bought the exact one you recommended so is there Something j need to do to get it working?
I have been using non-Blackvue SD cards for many years now. Not because I don't like them, but because they are superrrrr expensive. Their profit margin on those SD cards is INSANELY high.
Skip all the Cloud things. You should be able to easily connect via WI-FI with no issues at all. The password is on the camera, which you can later change, of course.
If this guy has installed so many Blackvue cameras, how come he didn't show you how to get connected, etc?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2021, 11:49 AM   #31
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have been using non-Blackvue SD cards for many years now. Not because I don't like them, but because they are superrrrr expensive. Their profit margin on those SD cards is INSANELY high.
Skip all the Cloud things. You should be able to easily connect via WI-FI with no issues at all. The password is on the camera, which you can later change, of course.
If this guy has installed so many Blackvue cameras, how come he didn't show you how to get connected, etc?
He did show me how to get connected and I was able to see a couple of recordings, live view of front and back, etc. and there was no problem with the connection but the car was stationary of course and carplay wasn't connected. So can I have carplay connected and also have the cam in live view mode/access the recordings while driving or does the car have to be disconnected from carplay to have a live view and/or the car has to be stationary to view recordings in the app?

Also, where do I enter the camera WiFi password? It has never asked me to enter the WiFi password so I am confused.

You did not have to format the sd card or do anything with the card prior to inserting it in the camera, correct? I am with you on the insane mark up by Blackvue on their sd cards!!!

Thanks again man
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2021, 10:33 PM   #32
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep

Dashcam recommendations

Ok so I figured out the sd card problem and it just needed to be formatted using the camera WiFi button itself instead of using a computer or the app. The card works fine now.

I also figured out that I cannot have carplay connected and view the camera at the same time so each time I want to view any recording on the camera or live view I have to disconnect carplay and then only the app connects to the camera WiFi. Anyone knows a way to not have to disconnect Apple CarPlay and still be able to view the camera recordings/live view?

Also, how do I enable recording in parking mode? By default it turns off the parking mode recording in about 10 minutes. I have the battery pack but don't know how to enable the parking mode recording when I want it to record until I am back.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 05:27 AM   #33
R-M4
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Ok so I figured out the sd card problem and it just needed to be formatted using the camera WiFi button itself instead of using a computer or the app. The card works fine now.

I also figured out that I cannot have carplay connected and view the camera at the same time so each time I want to view any recording on the camera or live view I have to disconnect carplay and then only the app connects to the camera WiFi. Anyone knows a way to not have to disconnect Apple CarPlay and still be able to view the camera recordings/live view?

Also, how do I enable recording in parking mode? By default it turns off the parking mode recording in about 10 minutes. I have the battery pack but don't know how to enable the parking mode recording when I want it to record until I am back.
Glad to hear it.
Did you play with the settings? The parking mode settings are there.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 01:56 PM   #34
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Based on this thread I think I'll be going with the BV900x+ but I think I"m also gonna get:

* The LTE module - i wanna know right away if something happens so I can notify local security, especially if the car is parked in, say, an airport or hotel parking ramp for a few nights. Also might be nice for service visits

* The BBMC powercell 8 battery - you can also add on a celllink neo battery which you can charge in your house and attach to the powercell when needed ... though I'm wondering if 2 powercell 8s are better ...not sure if that works ... the batteries charge faster if hardwired, but I do like the non-hardwire option ... and it's not like it's easier to change later ... since this is a new vehicle, I think I'll wait on the hardwire just in case of any warranty issues for the first 6-12 months.

* The BV SD cards - yup, they're spendy, but Vortex has had some recent problems with non BV cards ... most people don't seem to have that problem but it might skip some hassle so I might go for the BV card

Anyway, thanks to everyone who's contributing to this thread!

24:14 for the memory card thing:

This cop has a bland style, but some good info as well:

Last edited by GrussGott; 11-01-2021 at 02:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 06:43 PM   #35
bimmerwerks
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05xdrive40I

One thing for sure…

Black vue that are sold in US is not even available or really old unit which had so many problems with lens… and one that used to sell $200 for $400 in US??

Most BMW in Korea don't use blackvue……. Especially if you park under direct sunlight often. It gets overheated themselves and shuts off

I recommend thinkware… u1000 is same as qxd5000 and they are good. Plus price are much reasonable..

For backup battery, they are outrageously priced… if you really need to record 24/7 get it if not you don't need…

U1000 has function when your car voltage drops in certain level it will shut off…
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 07:12 AM   #36
NYCX5M50i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i executive/DHP

I just ordered the non plus model because they were able to deliver it net day. my 21' x5 m50i spent 5 days on the street and already someone scuffed my rear bumper.
My main reason for buying is for park mode. Car sits on street parked for week at a time. it seems like the battery pack won't do it for me as its not a car I drive much. Hard wiring into car seems like my best option. Can't imagine these cameras would drain a new battery. Any thoughts?
Also any idea how long a 256 gb sd card would record and store in parked mode?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 07:37 AM   #37
Frenetic
PANIC!
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:

Yeah, this is the same issue I have with mine (Nextbase cam) is that it uses WiFi to connect to the camera but my phone doesn’t support two simultaneous connections.

Anyone know an easy way to turn off WiFi CarPlay then turn it back on without much fuss so I can easily connect to the camera?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 10:37 PM   #38
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenetic View Post
Quote:

Yeah, this is the same issue I have with mine (Nextbase cam) is that it uses WiFi to connect to the camera but my phone doesn’t support two simultaneous connections.

Anyone know an easy way to turn off WiFi CarPlay then turn it back on without much fuss so I can easily connect to the camera?
There is no way to have both. The assumption is that you will need to access the recordings very very rarely and when you do all you need to do is go to Bluetooth on your phone and under your phone name turn off Apple car play and then connect to the cam's WiFi through the app.

The only other way to access it is via the memory card in your computer or if you get the LTE module.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 10:50 PM   #39
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCX5M50i View Post
I just ordered the non plus model because they were able to deliver it net day. my 21' x5 m50i spent 5 days on the street and already someone scuffed my rear bumper.
My main reason for buying is for park mode. Car sits on street parked for week at a time. it seems like the battery pack won't do it for me as its not a car I drive much. Hard wiring into car seems like my best option. Can't imagine these cameras would drain a new battery. Any thoughts?
If you had enabled the recorder feature then it should capture hits while parked also (I assume but could be corrected). If not then you definitely need the battery pack and you can get the expansion pack also. High cost for all of this upfront but worth the one time expense if you park your car on the street for such a long time. Each battery pack would give you about 20-24 hours of backup battery and it doesn't consume too much when parked. You can YouTube the review of the blackvue battery pack and it will give you a better idea. There is a cut off for the battery when it reaches a certain voltage so after a short while your main battery will stop giving the power to your cam if you don't have the battery pack installed.
Appreciate 1
      11-28-2021, 02:44 PM   #40
cantgobak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S4

Need help on which is the best/safe fuse for fuse tap?.

Quote:
Quote:
If you had enabled the recorder feature then it should capture hits while parked also (I assume but could be corrected). If not then you definitely need the battery pack and you can get the expansion pack also. High cost for all of this upfront but worth the one time expense if you park your car on the street for such a long time. Each battery pack would give you about 20-24 hours of backup battery and it doesn't consume too much when parked. You can YouTube the review of the blackvue battery pack and it will give you a better idea. There is a cut off for the battery when it reaches a certain voltage so after a short while your main battery will stop giving the power to your cam if you don't have the battery pack installed.
Hey guys… So I just bought BV 900x-2ch plus yesterday via Amazon and should arrive soon today. I searched quite a bit of posts but couldn't really decide which is the best / safe fuse to tap for the power. I have not seen any posts from those with 2022's yet but I figured it should be the same for G05's. I've also downloaded the pdf fuse map for my 2022 xLine X5 (downloaded from https://www.bmw.ie/en/topics/owners/fusecard.html), here's what I gathered so far with the info and hopefully to get some assistance to decide which is the best/safe fuse to tap…. BTW, I'm just installing the front and back cameras without battery for parking mode and LTE.

Here's what I've seen other members on this forum used for the fuse tap. I'm also attaching a screen print of the fuse map which is what I used to interpret what the fuse number is allocated for.

F76 ACC
F46 Cigarette lighter
F72 Not used? (Is this one not used? Couldn't find F72 in the table of the fuse map)
F27 nfc, ? (Not really sure what the symbol means from the fuse map)
F53 seat?

So my primary option is really using F72 if it's really not being used and it's not constant ON. My second option is using F46 if it's the front cigarette lighter which I believe it's only on when the car is turned on. The last option is the ACC which is auxiliary power. Thanks in advance!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 08:36 PM   #41
NYCX5M50i
Private First Class
Rep

helpful thread here. If I hardwire to battery or use a OBDII connector and I just start the car for a few mins each day it should charge battery in minutes I would think. My main purpose for these cameras is for parking mode. I like the idea of using the battery packs but it seems like it takes a long time to charge them back up. Thoughts?
I also won't have them hooked up to wifi so will use the sd card and if I see something has been hit on the car I will pull the sd card and look through.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 11:02 AM   #42
R-M4
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
helpful thread here. If I hardwire to battery or use a OBDII connector and I just start the car for a few mins each day it should charge battery in minutes I would think. My main purpose for these cameras is for parking mode. I like the idea of using the battery packs but it seems like it takes a long time to charge them back up. Thoughts?
I also won't have them hooked up to wifi so will use the sd card and if I see something has been hit on the car I will pull the sd card and look through.
The battery pack charges quite fast. In 1 hour or so you should be almost at 100%.
I use parking mode a lot. If you want to get an extra charge while your car is still parked, start ventilation remotely. I think it runs for 15 min and that will charge the battery in the meantime.
Appreciate 1
      12-27-2021, 09:24 PM   #43
NYCX5M50i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
The battery pack charges quite fast. In 1 hour or so you should be almost at 100%.
I use parking mode a lot. If you want to get an extra charge while your car is still parked, start ventilation remotely. I think it runs for 15 min and that will charge the battery in the meantime.
Is there a way to have it set up where it only will record if the vehicle feels something? That way it isn't stressing battery every time it senses motion? Car is parked on NYC street. the motion sensor would be working overtime and drain battery..
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 05:07 AM   #44
R-M4
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Is there a way to have it set up where it only will record if the vehicle feels something? That way it isn't stressing battery every time it senses motion? Car is parked on NYC street. the motion sensor would be working overtime and drain battery..
Please see below.

https://blackvue.com/blackvue-dashcam-parking-mode/
Appreciate 1