Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstar335 View Post
I just upgraded one of the subwoofers, the difference between the HiFi OEM sub and the Focal ISUB 2 is again quite significant.

Will be placing an order for a second one.

I used a Wagner Furno 500 heat gun, very easy to use, just set it to one of the lower settings and the glued OEM subwoofer detaches pretty quickly.
Is the factory sub 2 ohm or 4= ohm? I thought it was the latter?
It is 2 ohm
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
omasou2085.50
      10-15-2021, 10:24 PM   #112
silverstar335
Major
United_States
Rep

This is the response I received from Jason in regard to using the Match amp in a 45e:

"The only way that amplifier will draw 50A of current is if you're going to listen to a constant sine wave at full volume with all channels driven. Music is dynamic and will draw a lot less current. As long as the hybrid has a 12V battery, I'm sure it will be fine."
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 01:53 PM   #113
Atlantis8000
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 45E

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5pacey View Post
Could you post a link or some documentation about that amp you speak of? Its not listed on the Audiotec-Fischer site and Google comes up empty.
You can only find the Matchup 7 BMW on their website. My dealer contacted Audiotec and apparently the version you need for a BMW with RAM module is the Matchup 7.6 BMW RAM. There is some info available here, but it's in dutch: https://www.acr-helmond.nl/shop/car-...h-up-7bmw-ram/
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 10:27 PM   #114
5pacey
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 X5, '22 X5e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis8000 View Post
You can only find the Matchup 7 BMW on their website. My dealer contacted Audiotec and apparently the version you need for a BMW with RAM module is the Matchup 7.6 BMW RAM. There is some info available here, but it's in dutch: https://www.acr-helmond.nl/shop/car-...h-up-7bmw-ram/
Well... sorry but it just doesn't sound very credible because other than your dealer apparently nobody's ever heard about Match UP 7.6 amp. And if nobody's heard of it, nobody has any information or can show it, and nobody is selling it how is anybody suppose to figure out what it is, what it can be used with and how to buy it? If you can get some more specifics from your dealer, either abou the amp or who to contact who claims to know something about it that'd probably help in at least verifying its existence, but not its availability if you can't find it anywhere on the web.

The page in Duch just talks about the Match UP 7BMW amp, which is well known and documented. It does not mention Match UP 7.6.

What IS known and verifiable however, is that for the cars with the RAM module - X5s built mid 2019 and later - you need the Match UP 7DSP, with the RAM harness wiring, NOT the Match UP 7BMW amp.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 11:25 PM   #115
MarkCav
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Quote:
Well... sorry but it just doesn't sound very credible because other than your dealer apparently nobody's ever heard about Match UP 7.6 amp. And if nobody's heard of it, nobody has any information or can show it, and nobody is selling it how is anybody suppose to figure out what it is, what it can be used with and how to buy it? If you can get some more specifics from your dealer, either abou the amp or who to contact who claims to know something about it that'd probably help in at least verifying its existence, but not its availability if you can't find it anywhere on the web.

The page in Duch just talks about the Match UP 7BMW amp, which is well known and documented. It does not mention Match UP 7.6.

What IS known and verifiable however, is that for the cars with the RAM module - X5s built mid 2019 and later - you need the Match UP 7DSP, with the RAM harness wiring, NOT the Match UP 7BMW amp.
Has anyone heard of Helix amps and DSPs's to go with the Focal PNP speakers?
Appreciate 1
5pacey55.00
      10-21-2021, 07:43 AM   #116
Atlantis8000
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 45E

Quote:

As soon as I have more info I'll get back to this post. I was confused myself. On the website of audiotec-fischer they mention that the Matchup7 BMW is not compatible with BMW's with RAM Module... but they sell a RAM cable ??? That's why I asked my local dealer for more info. He contacted audiotec and they told him to order version 7.6... That's all I know for now. Meanwhile I found another website with the 7.6 on their page: https://mbcaraudio.nl/versterkers-me...6-dsp-ram.html

If I'm not mistaken audiotec is also making the amps for Bimmertech. Maybe in Europe we already have this available... More info soon...
Appreciate 1
5pacey55.00
      10-21-2021, 01:49 PM   #117
5pacey
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
As soon as I have more info I'll get back to this post. I was confused myself. On the website of audiotec-fischer they mention that the Matchup7 BMW is not compatible with BMW's with RAM Module... but they sell a RAM cable ??? That's why I asked my local dealer for more info. He contacted audiotec and they told him to order version 7.6... That's all I know for now. Meanwhile I found another website with the 7.6 on their page: https://mbcaraudio.nl/versterkers-me...6-dsp-ram.html

If I'm not mistaken audiotec is also making the amps for Bimmertech. Maybe in Europe we already have this available... More info soon...
Understood, makes sense.

Yes, Audiotec-Fischer do make the harness that goes w/Match UP 7DSP to connect to the RAM - https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/m.../pp-bmw-1.7ram

Yes, Bimmertech re-sells the Audiotec-Fischer Match PP 86DSP amp - https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/m...fiers/pp-86dsp

Its a smaller amp compared to Match UP 7DSP.
Appreciate 1
      10-21-2021, 02:05 PM   #118
5pacey
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkCav View Post
Has anyone heard of Helix amps and DSPs's to go with the Focal PNP speakers?
They are just amps and speakers, so from that stand point they'll work together fine as long as you match impedance and power.

That said, there are 3 problems to solve here, which the Match amps address for essentially a PnP install, and Helix amps do not, but could be made to w/more custom wiring and installation.

1. Where and how do you get the signal to send to the Amp?
Match amps make this easy because they just connect to the RAM module w/the separately purchased wiring harness, and make it a PnP connect. Non Match amps (Helix or others) would need a custom connection harness / wiring. Not impossible, but PITA if you are not a skilled and fearless car audio installer.
2. What is the type of signal you can get?
Match amps make this easy, because they accept the signal that comes out of the RAM module and all you need is the wiring harness.

For non Match amps (Helix or otherwise), depending on where you get the signal in the car in may or may not be usable by the Helix amp directly. If not usable directly you'll need a level matching device (which exist), which will convert the voltage range to one usable by a Helix (or any other) amp. Its entirely doable but PITA and requires additional box to install and futz with. More space, more $, more time & skill needed.
3. What is the size of the gear (Amp(s) + DSP(s)) that you'd want to install?
Match amps are very small as amps go for the power the put out and signal quality, and have a DSP built in, which makes tunning the system properly much easier. This isn't always obvious when you web surf and picture shop. Pay attention to the physical dimensions of the amps... most are much larger than the Match, including Helix amps. This requires more room, usually more $, time & skill. So, again, not impossible to overcome, but given the notoriously tight space, especially for x45e's, which have no space almost at all, its tough to squeeze anything than a small box or two. If you wanted to have a proper install w/big amps you'd take up half your trunk. Which may be ok for you if you are into it enough, but for most folks, they just want a decent/good sound system while keeping the factory look and still retaining the use of their trunk, or at least most of it.

Last edited by 5pacey; 10-21-2021 at 02:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 02:20 PM   #119
omasou
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
They are just amps and speakers, so from that stand point they'll work together fine as long as you match impedance and power.

That said, there are 3 problems to solve here, which the Match amps address for essentially a PnP install, and Helix amps do not, but could be made to w/more custom wiring and installation.

1. Where and how do you get the signal to send to the Amp?
Match amps make this easy because they just connect to the RAM module w/the separately purchased wiring harness, and make it a PnP connect. Non Match amps (Helix or others) would need a custom connection harness / wiring. Not impossible, but PITA if you are not a skilled and fearless car audio installer.
2. What is the type of signal you can get?
Match amps make this easy, because they accept the signal that comes out of the RAM module and all you need is the wiring harness.

For non Match amps (Helix or otherwise), depending on where you get the signal in the car in may or may not be usable by the Helix amp directly. If not usable directly you'll need a level matching device (which exist), which will convert the voltage range to one usable by a Helix (or any other) amp. Its entirely doable but PITA and requires additional box to install and futz with. More space, more $, more time & skill needed.
3. What is the size of the gear (Amp(s) + DSP(s)) that you'd want to install?
Match amps are very small as amps go for the power the put out and signal quality, and have a DSP built in, which makes tunning the system properly much easier. This isn't always obvious when you web surf and picture shop. Pay attention to the physical dimensions of the amps... most are much larger than the Match, including Helix amps. This requires more room, usually more $, time & skill. So, again, not impossible to overcome, but given the notoriously tight space, especially for x45e's, which have no space almost at all, its tough to squeeze anything than a small box or two. If you wanted to have a proper install w/big amps you'd take up half your trunk. Which may be ok for you if you are into it enough, but for most folks, they just want a decent/good sound system while keeping the factory look and still retaining the use of their trunk, or at least most of it.
Wouldn't this allow different amp options?

https://technicpnp.com/product/hifi-...audio-systems/
Appreciate 1
5pacey55.00
      10-21-2021, 05:17 PM   #120
5pacey
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
Wouldn't this allow different amp options?

https://technicpnp.com/product/hifi-...audio-systems/
For G05, they have 2 harnesses there. Basically they work the same way as the Audiotec-Fischer harness, but have some other connectors. Its the same thing though, they are allowing you to get the speaker out signal for all 6 channels from the RAM module/amp. You can then do whatever you want w/it, which would normally be sending it to your upgrade amp, like Match UP 7DSP, but it can be any other amp or amps which can take the signal. Said upgrade amp(s) however still have to be able to accept the specific speaker out signal from the RAM module/amp. That part doesn't change.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 05:30 PM   #121
omasou
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Maybe everyone know this but perhaps it will some like me that didn't understand how the newer systems work.

1. Does the kit provide low-level or high-level outputs?

RAM has high-level outputs, aftermarket amp must accept up to 20V inputs

2. If using high-level how do I lower the bells and chimes so they are not amplified beyond factory?

RAM outputs are high-level. You need to tune your DSP for the chimes volume level to match your music level.

3. The X6 uses 2 Ohm subs, If using the appropriate amp. Do you know if the factory wiring will support 4 Ohm subs?

OEM woofer wiring support up to 150W per channel

4. Does this wiring kit allow me to by pass the ASD or do I need to use a different kit in combination with this one?

The G06 ASD is software in the RAM, there is no harness bypass for software.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 06:44 PM   #122
5pacey
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

The bottom line is, this method just takes the OEM amp speaker outputs and sends them to the upgrade amp as inputs. Then the upgrade amp takes those, passes them through the DSP, which allows you to mix the channels, lower or up relative gains, and apply equalization, and then sends them to the power amp section of the amp for amplification. BUT,.whatever was in the original signal is still there, so ASD, or blinker and other chimes that are part of the signal from the OEM amp are just going to be processed along with everything else. Unless the chimes come in on one of the channels only, there is no way to get rid of them. The only thing you can try to do, is to see what frequencies they are, and reduce the volume of those frequencies. BUT, this sucks because you will also lower the volume of music in those frequencies at the same time since they are all part of the aignal.

So, unless someone can figure out a way to get the signal pre-OEM amp, w/out the chimes, and then find the chimes signal as a separate channel, there is no way to properly manage the chimes.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 12:14 PM   #123
MarkCav
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstar335 View Post
Will be getting the second subwoofer next week, at this point I am also considering upgrading the amp.

What is the consensus as to which option is the "best" PnP option for a 45e?
I think its the Audiotec Fisher Match Up 7DSP + the RAM wiring harness. It plugs into the existing amp/head unit so its driven by the current speaker outs. You need to run your own 6 Ga power and ground wires to the Match Up amp though, because in that configuration there won't be enough power coming down from the OEM amp. So instructions say to cut the pwer wires in the harness that goes between the OEM amp and Match up 7, and then run separate power/ground to the battery w/an inline fuse. Its all in the instructions. You can buy both from Curchfield, its not that much more expensive than eBay - unlike the speakers for some reason. There are several threads here on the forum here w/people discussing it.
5pacey- do you have any expertise regarding the JL Audio VX amps? An installer recommended them to me yesterday- one amp for the speakers and one amp for the under-the-seat subs.

Are you also aware of anyone being able to install the Focal K2's over the PNP's?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 07:50 PM   #124
5pacey
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
5pacey- do you have any expertise regarding the JL Audio VX amps? An installer recommended them to me yesterday- one amp for the speakers and one amp for the under-the-seat subs.

Are you also aware of anyone being able to install the Focal K2's over the PNP's?
I do not have personally experience with JL Audio amps. That said, they are known to have good subwoofer amps and possibly the best subwoofers on the market. They are not known for full range amps. Just looked at the 6. Channel VX amp, and its specs are rather underwhelming. I wouldn't get one myself. If I were putting a sub and a dedicated sub amp then I'd definitely consider JL Audio. In fact there is a thread here somewhere where a guy did just that. He has a 40i i think and he put in a 10w6v3 sub w/aVX sub amp in a custom enclosure and a sealed box (thread here). Gorgeous build fits behind the back seats, firing to the rear. That makes sense for a VX amp. For the rest of the speakers, not really... for under seat woofers, shhmaybe... But now you are talking lots of amps, which means it will take lots of space

W/respect to Focal K2s... again no personal experience and am not aware of any threads or builds. But, I've been checking them out too. So far the only thing I can say for sure is:

1. They are $$$$$
2. Not sure they come in sizes that would fit in G05.
3. They have mounting rings with 4 screws. BMW mounts have 3... So you need adapter rings, which pro installers worthy heir salt may have access to. They are sold on eBay too.

Last edited by 5pacey; 10-24-2021 at 07:59 PM..
Appreciate 1
MarkCav72.00
      10-25-2021, 03:39 PM   #125
Rondi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ‘22 BMW X6 40i, ‘14 BMW X3 35i

I gotta upgrade the hi-fi sound, or lack thereof, on my new X6… diy is not on my skillset… anybody know where in Houston a reputable place can do this for me?
      10-25-2021, 06:40 PM   #126
MarkCav
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I do not have personally experience with JL Audio amps. That said, they are known to have good subwoofer amps and possibly the best subwoofers on the market. They are not known for full range amps. Just looked at the 6. Channel VX amp, and its specs are rather underwhelming. I wouldn't get one myself. If I were putting a sub and a dedicated sub amp then I'd definitely consider JL Audio. In fact there is a thread here somewhere where a guy did just that. He has a 40i i think and he put in a 10w6v3 sub w/aVX sub amp in a custom enclosure and a sealed box (thread here). Gorgeous build fits behind the back seats, firing to the rear. That makes sense for a VX amp. For the rest of the speakers, not really... for under seat woofers, shhmaybe... But now you are talking lots of amps, which means it will take lots of space

W/respect to Focal K2s... again no personal experience and am not aware of any threads or builds. But, I've been checking them out too. So far the only thing I can say for sure is:

1. They are $$$$$
3. They have mounting rings with 4 screws. BMW mounts have 3... So you need adapter rings, which pro installers worthy heir salt may have access to. They are sold on eBay too.
I believe the K2's are $750.00/pair vs $500.00/pair for the PNP's. Not that bad.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 03:50 PM   #127
5pacey
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I believe the K2's are $750.00/pair vs $500.00/pair for the PNP's. Not that bad.
I haven't checked real world prices, so 750 vs 500 doesn't sound bad, true.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2021, 11:33 PM   #128
silverstar335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. They are $$$$$
You can get them from European distributors for significantly less shipped.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2021, 07:41 PM   #129
Ropax5
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e and 2020 X3 30i

Is there a PNP amp available for 45e’s? What’s the consensus best amp option?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 08:43 PM   #130
VertigoAtHome
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 x40i M Sport

For anyone thinking about upgrading, I'm selling my Focal IS BMW 100L speakers in the classified section.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2021, 02:44 AM   #131
shatty
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 6MT Alpine White

https://www.amazon.com/Focal-ES100K-...a-305675358216

Ordered 2 pairs...for this price why the F not?

Make that 4 pairs....didnt know there was another location behind the rear seats and I and going to use for center as well. I will have 1 of each speaker left over if anyone wants to buy it.

Last edited by shatty; 12-11-2021 at 03:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2021, 02:22 AM   #132
shatty
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 6MT Alpine White

Before anyone goes out and buys a new DSP/AMP, code ur car or truck for the B&W option. You can use Bimmercode or ProTools. Different DSPs and I could swear that its louder with more low end bass. I ordered the Focal K2's and Earthquake under seat subs. Didnt order the Match 10DSP yet. I think the new DSPs for the B&W will work better with better speakers. Amp might not be necessary. My K2's get here on the 29th. The subs will be here Wednesday. If this is the case, its at least a $1,500-$1,600 savings in parts and prob $200-$300 in labor to install amp and program DSP. Almost $2k in savings and it might just be close enuf not to go all the way. I will post results when the install is done. Should only take a day to install the speakers. Front doors, rear doors, rear D pillar, and center. I bought 4 pairs of K2's Might as well be all uniform. And also heard these Earthquakes blow away any other underseat woofer. Focal, Audison, Bavsound, etc. And they are a fraction of the price. $227 on Amazon for a pair of 2 ohms to match the factory subs. I could always add the AMP later on if I dont like it. Amp is very easy to install.