BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-02-2021, 03:02 PM   #1
Jedi Greg
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6 M50i w/DHP

Just Ordered 2022 X6 M50i

Greetings Everyone! I am new to the forum though I have spent the last 5 months lurking as I debated what vehicle I am going to purchase next. Much respect to everyone for their contributions on the forum. The information provided by the members is invaluable especially with all the supply chain issues. I am a previous Lexus GS, Audi A7 and Mercedes GLE 43 Coupe owner and this will be my first BMW.

Here is my build on order:

2022 X6 M50i Shadowline
Mineral White Metallic
22" M Double-spoke bi-color wheels, style 742M
Black Vernasca Leather
Carbon Fiber trim
Dynamic Handling Package
Driving Assistance Professional Package
Executive Package
Climate Comfort Package
Parking Assistance Package
Front massaging seats

Very excited for the DHP! I spent a lot of time researching this and after reading what so many of you said about how it adds to the handling dynamics I felt it was mandatory for me to put it into this build.

I was actually considering going with an X6 40i until the part shortages started to remove options from the build I wanted. Then I started to look at the M50i. I was only able to test drive an X5 40i and base X5 M50i (no DHP) because of the car shortages in my area of the northeast. I drove the 40i first and then after driving the M50i my decision was made right then and there. No offense to anyone with a 40i, but my goodness it was like going from black and white to color. Ok, perhaps that is a little much, but this M50i is really incredible. After driving that I just could not go back to the 40i because I now knew what I was missing. Don’t get me wrong it’s not like I am going to be pushing this all the time, but when I do open it up it’s going to be worth it!

I didn’t get a build date yet because allocation will happen early next week, but anticipating getting it sometime before the end of the year or right after the new year.

One question I have is around the tires. I live in the northeast and will need to get all season or winter tires. They are available in 22” and I made sure of this prior to ordering the car, but the car comes equipped with performance run flat tires. Having a duplicate set of wheels like may others have suggested on other forum posts starts to put me in an uncomfortable spot from a budget perspective. I love the wheels and really don’t want to change them at all so will deal with having to change tires and then store another set of tires if I must, but that is not ideal. My question is this: Do you think the dealer can equip the vehicle with all seasons from the factory without any additional costs? If not, any suggestions on how I approach solving this small inconvenience without just simply ordering another set of all season or winter tires from the dealer or local tire shop? It’s about $2K for a separate set of all seasons or winter tires.
Appreciate 1
jps3b84.00
      10-02-2021, 03:30 PM   #2
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Congratulations, hopefully the wait won't be too long. Good luck, enjoy and be safe.

I will let others chime in on the tires/wheels because my information would not be good for your wallet.
jps3b84.00
      10-02-2021, 07:58 PM   #3
Bucksn6
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW x5m50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Greg View Post
Greetings Everyone! I am new to the forum though I have spent the last 5 months lurking as I debated what vehicle I am going to purchase next. Much respect to everyone for their contributions on the forum. The information provided by the members is invaluable especially with all the supply chain issues. I am a previous Lexus GS, Audi A7 and Mercedes GLE 43 Coupe owner and this will be my first BMW.

2022 X6 M50i Shadowline
Mineral White Metallic
Black Vernasca Leather
Carbon Fiber trim
Dynamic Handling Package
Executive Package
Climate Comfort Package
Front massaging seats

Very excited for the DHP! I spent a lot of time researching this and after reading what so many of you said about how it adds to the handling dynamics I felt it was mandatory for me to put it into this build.

I was actually considering going with an X6 40i until the part shortages started to remove options from the build I wanted. Then I started to look at the M50i. I was only able to test drive an X5 40i and base X5 M50i (no DHP) because of the car shortages in my area of the northeast. I drove the 40i first and then after driving the M50i my decision was made right then and there. No offense to anyone with a 40i, but my goodness it was like going from black and white to color. Ok, perhaps that is a little much, but this M50i is really incredible. After driving that I just could not go back to the 40i because I now knew what I was missing. Don’t get me wrong it’s not like I am going to be pushing this all the time, but when I do open it up it’s going to be worth it!

I didn’t get a build date yet because allocation will happen early next week, but anticipating getting it sometime before the end of the year or right after the new year.

One question I have is around the tires. I live in the northeast and will need to get all season or winter tires. They are available in 22” and I made sure of this prior to ordering the car, but the car comes equipped with performance run flat tires. Having a duplicate set of wheels like may others have suggested on other forum posts starts to put me in an uncomfortable spot from a budget perspective. I love the wheels and really don’t want to change them at all so will deal with having to change tires and then store another set of tires if I must, but that is not ideal. My question is this: Do you think the dealer can equip the vehicle with all seasons from the factory without any additional costs? If not, any suggestions on how I approach solving this small inconvenience without just simply ordering another set of all season or winter tires from the dealer or local tire shop? It’s about $2K for a separate set of all seasons or winter tires.
Go with a separate set of tires and wheels for winter. You can buy a set of 20" wheels and tires for 3k ish. You're buying a 100k car and 3k breaks your budget?
Appreciate 1
jps3b84.00
      10-02-2021, 08:43 PM   #4
theS
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X4 M40i

Garage List
2021 BMW X4M  [0.00]
2021 GV80 3.5  [0.00]
2022 BMW X6 M50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Greg View Post

2022 X6 M50i Shadowline
Mineral White Metallic
Black Vernasca Leather
Carbon Fiber trim
Dynamic Handling Package
Executive Package
Climate Comfort Package
Front massaging seats

Welcome to the X6M50i club! As stated above, definitely get the best tires for the best car!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2021, 08:52 PM   #5
Jedi Greg
United_States
Rep

Thanks everyone.

Re: Getting additional wheel/tire set: Appreciate the suggestion and I considered getting another set of BMW 22" wheels (style 747M) though that combo is much more than the 20" combo suggested and was trying to avoid that. I will not go down to 20" as I just don't like the look of BMW branded wheels in that size on this vehicle (my taste) though I could look at some other wheel vendors. In the end, sounds like I have to have an extra set of tires or another set of wheels and tires...
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2021, 10:10 PM   #6
omasou
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Pretty sure the tires are not run flats.

22" M Double-spoke bi-color wheels, style 742M with performance non run-flat tires

Space-saver spare

I only found one 22" all-season on tire rack and all of the summer tires have warnings about cracking below 45F/7C

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/TireSea...rtCode=61446#0
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2021, 05:01 PM   #7
Jedi Greg
United_States
Rep

Thanks and yes, they are not run-flats. I ended up going with the Pirelli Scorpion Performance Winter tires. Reviews are great and dealer also said they had great feedback on them.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...tandard%20Tire

Dealer will put them on before I pickup the car. I will then properly store the summer performance tires that come from the factory so they are ready to be swapped out once the temperature breaks towards the end of Spring. Currently on track for a week 47 production.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 11:32 AM   #8
drakul
Rep
Drives: BMW M550

good choice man! its nice car, I'm locking for a same car, you take a lease or finance? they give you discount? how much?
Appreciate 0