10-24-2021, 01:03 PM   #23
Chick Webb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 E92, '17 540i, '21 X6 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
the reminder of leaving the iPhone in the tray is part of the wireless charging component, not the NFC component.
Yeah, this. Since the car doesn't know it's charging your phone wirelessly, it doesn't know to remind you about it.

You can see that the car has no knowledge of your phone charging by looking at the phone tile on the iDrive display. When the phone is connected, it'll show the charge state, but regardless of whether or not it's on the charger, there's no indication there. Interestingly, that's true even if you plug your phone into either of the console ports (I just checked).
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 07:39 PM   #24
wjbender
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
it likely still works as long as the wireless charger doesn't completely block or interfere with the high-frequency wavelengths between the two NFC devices. (NFC is short-range communication within a few centimeters to 4 inches.)

this is a mixed bag. even with wireless charging no longer included, I've seen reports of MY22 X5 both including or not including Digital Key/digital key card capabilities. Not sure why some include while others don't (may be specific countries), though most have actually included the key card and therefore, Digital Key for a compatible iPhone.

the sure fire way to know is if the MyBMW App show Digital Key on the Home Screen
My 2022 G05 40i came with Digital Key/digital key card capabilities
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 04:16 PM   #25
Spitandpolish
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Thanks for this OP, managed to find one that works from the existing usb outlet, so the tray now closes as well, works a treat!
Appreciate 0