10-16-2021, 04:10 AM   #1
menace33
Private First Class
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 45e

Garage List
No Digital key option in MyBMW app

Hi guys, not sure if anyone else had this issue, but I do not have an option Digital key in MyBMW app. However, when I go to Car-Settings-Doors menu in my vehicle, I can find the Digital key option.

Does any know how to fix this?

Thanks,
Ivan
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 08:29 PM   #2
mlurker
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 45e

Android? Not working unfortunately
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 02:53 AM   #3
TSMC55
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2019 GO5

It depends on your build date and you must have the iPhone.

I found the easiest solution was to get the key card and put it in my phone case. works exactly the same and I don't need to worry about it expiring or go through the dramas of moving it to a new phone when I upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 08:42 AM   #4
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by menace33 View Post
Hi guys, not sure if anyone else had this issue, but I do not have an option Digital key in MyBMW app.
what's your build date? G05 made on or after July 2020 have Digital Key capability (iPhone only). if you see it in iDrive, then you should have the option in the MyBMW app. did you swipe the tiles to the left enough? (see photo)
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-20-2022, 06:19 AM   #5
emaniat
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by menace33 View Post
Hi guys, not sure if anyone else had this issue, but I do not have an option Digital key in MyBMW app.
what's your build date? G05 made on or after July 2020 have Digital Key capability (iPhone only). if you see it in iDrive, then you should have the option in the MyBMW app. did you swipe the tiles to the left enough? (see photo)
Mine isn't showing up in my app either and I'm the primary with a compatible phone. My wife is the secondary on an older non compatible phone and she has the tile in her app for the digital key. I've tried logging out and back in. Removing and re-adding my car from the app. No luck. BMW genius has removed and added remotely at their admin level - still the same outcome. It lets me add it through the email link though.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2022, 06:58 AM   #6
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by emaniat View Post
Mine isn't showing up in my app either and I'm the primary with a compatible phone. My wife is the secondary on an older non compatible phone and she has the tile in her app for the digital key. I've tried logging out and back in. Removing and re-adding my car from the app. No luck. BMW genius has removed and added remotely at their admin level - still the same outcome. It lets me add it through the email link though.
have you tried this?

Apps > HIGHLIGHT Installed apps (DON'T select it.) > press Option on center console > Update apps and services
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 10:21 AM   #7
chayden2005
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Garage List
2022 BMW X5 45e  [0.00]
If you put the digital key on your iPhone, does it wake the car up every time you go by it? I park my vehicle in the garage and tend to go through there constantly during the day with my phone in my pocket.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 11:07 AM   #8
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chayden2005 View Post
If you put the digital key on your iPhone, does it wake the car up every time you go by it? I park my vehicle in the garage and tend to go through there constantly during the day with my phone in my pocket.
nope. that would be a function of Comfort Access.

the iPhone Digital Key requires placing it directly on the NFC sensor on the driver door handle
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-21-2022, 12:52 PM   #9
emaniat
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayden2005 View Post
No. I turned the comfort key auto lock unlock off. Was driving me nuts. NFC card or phone digital key has to be tapped on the driver's door handle in the correct spot for it to work properly
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 06:01 AM   #10
emaniat
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
have you tried this?

Apps > HIGHLIGHT Installed apps (DON'T select it.) > press Option on center console > Update apps and services
Quote:
Quote:
have you tried this?

Yes. I've tried it. My phone app still doesn't show the nfc tile. Oh well… it at least works so I'll take that for now.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 11:29 PM   #11
eelnoraa
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5

Not sure if you resolved this or not. It just happened to me, and updating the app doesn’t help. However, if I remove it the reinstall, digital key tile came back.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2022, 06:30 PM   #12
emaniat
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelnoraa View Post
Not sure if you resolved this or not. It just happened to me, and updating the app doesn’t help. However, if I remove it the reinstall, digital key tile came back.
I did that too and mine did not come back.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2022, 11:57 AM   #13
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
there's been a change on the home page. some tiles have disappeared and relocated, such as the one for Digital Key. Digital Key is now a line item further down
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2022, 08:19 PM   #14
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
there's been a change on the home page. some tiles have disappeared and relocated, such as the one for Digital Key. Digital Key is now a line item further down
Nope. No Digital Key option on my BMW App. I have the latest version and I think they changed the requirement to specific MY vehicles as well as specific phones.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2022, 08:16 AM   #15
algino289
Singapore
Rep
Drives: bmw X5 G05

Same here ... went to local BMW dealer more than 3 times and yet was able to solve it, pissed off indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
Nope. No Digital Key option on my BMW App. I have the latest version and I think they changed the requirement to specific MY vehicles as well as specific phones.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2022, 09:40 AM   #16
jasr789
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive45e

Reinstalling the app sorted this our for me.
Appreciate 0