BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-20-2020, 04:08 AM   #1
rolllikero
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i 2020

Extra Keys and Driver Profiles

Hi guys! Waiting on delivery of my G05 here in New Delhi, India. The standard keys allotted on delivery are one Display key and one normal key. Since the Display Key is bulky and I personally feel will lose its charm after some time, I am planning to get an additional normal key. The dealership has quoted me US$460 for this. How does that compare to pricing in North America or Europe? My main question is that can I link the display key and one of the normal keys to the same driver profile? Thus, that way I can have two keys synced with my profile and the extra key synced to my partner's profile / settings. I read somewhere that since the seats only have 2 memory functions only two profiles can be saved or something. Can someone share some insights please?

Thank you very much.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 04:37 AM   #2
TSMC55
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2019 GO5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolllikero View Post
Hi guys! Waiting on delivery of my G05 here in New Delhi, India. The standard keys allotted on delivery are one Display key and one normal key. Since the Display Key is bulky and I personally feel will lose its charm after some time, I am planning to get an additional normal key. The dealership has quoted me US$460 for this. How does that compare to pricing in North America or Europe? My main question is that can I link the display key and one of the normal keys to the same driver profile? Thus, that way I can have two keys synced with my profile and the extra key synced to my partner's profile / settings. I read somewhere that since the seats only have 2 memory functions only two profiles can be saved or something. Can someone share some insights please?

Thank you very much.
You can not link two physical keys to the one profile. You can link a physical key and a digital key (on your phone or a key card) to the same profile.

You can have multiple profiles. An answer for you may be to create two profiles for yourself and link a physical key to each of them, then create a third profile for your partner and link the 3rd key to that.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 07:22 AM   #3
rolllikero
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSMC55 View Post
You can not link two physical keys to the one profile. You can link a physical key and a digital key (on your phone or a key card) to the same profile.

You can have multiple profiles. An answer for you may be to create two profiles for yourself and link a physical key to each of them, then create a third profile for your partner and link the 3rd key to that.
Thank you so much! So 3 profiles is possible even though I have only two memory seat slots (may sound dumb but this is my first BMW).

I wish we had the digital key in India but India does not support ConnectedDrive. I so want to retrofit it in somehow...but alas..

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 11:57 AM   #4
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Quote:

Thank you very much.

That is actually I good idea. Creating two similar profiles. I have been looking for a solution for the same problem. I wanted to have my own profile on the normal and display key.

However the problem solved itself a because the DK is quite bulky and functionality with the connected drive is equal / better that I stopped using it anyway.

The display key might be ideal for a women's purse. It light's up and because it is bigger it is easier to find. So maybe give it to your wife?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 12:00 PM   #5
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thank you so much! So 3 profiles is possible even though I have only two memory seat slots (may sound dumb but this is my first BMW).

I wish we had the digital key in India but India does not support ConnectedDrive. I so want to retrofit it in somehow...but alas..

Thank you.
Yes the 2 memory buttons can be programmed differently in each profile.

You can't change the profile with the memory buttons. It is done in Idrive. So the memory buttons don't control the profile.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 10:14 AM   #6
rolllikero
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you.

You can't change the profile with the memory buttons. It is done in Idrive. So the memory buttons don't control the profile.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you.

Thanks for the info. Can HUD utility be linked to a driver profile / key?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 01:03 PM   #7
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

All preferences can be linked to a profile. So depending on the profile the car can look completely different.

Different function for the 8 preference buttons. Different ambient light. Different Seat position and memory. Different setting for idrive. HUD info too, HUD position I don't know if it would change between profiles?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2020, 05:00 AM   #8
Deja011
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Quote:

All preferences can be linked to a profile. So depending on the profile the car can look completely different.

Different function for the 8 preference buttons. Different ambient light. Different Seat position and memory. Different setting for idrive. HUD info too, HUD position I don't know if it would change between profiles?
HUD position is also synced with the profile.
Appreciate 1
X5 45e1089.00
      11-06-2020, 02:36 PM   #9
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

It used to be that BMWs normally could only support two physical fobs. In some cases, you could add a module that would double that to four. I do not know how many the newest versions can support.
Appreciate 0