10-03-2018, 09:45 AM   #1
ttsar
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i / 2025 M4 comp

Production tracking

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I have just received the VIN number from my car dealer in Munich, but the fabrication tracking page of BMWUSA website (
https://mygarage.bmwusa.com/add-vehicle.html) can not recognize the VIN number.
Is someone else in the same situation? Maybe the system could only track orders done in the US?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 10:06 AM   #2
hcastudillo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive40i M-Sport 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttsar View Post
I have just received the VIN number from my car dealer in Munich, but the fabrication tracking page of BMWUSA website (
https://mygarage.bmwusa.com/add-vehicle.html) can not recognize the VIN number.
Is someone else in the same situation? Maybe the system could only track orders done in the US?
I'm currently stationed in Germany and placed my order here. I have my order number but it doesn't work on the bmwusa site neither. If you find a way to track the status of your order please update this thread.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2018, 11:04 AM   #3
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcastudillo View Post
I'm currently stationed in Germany and placed my order here. I have my order number but it doesn't work on the bmwusa site neither. If you find a way to track the status of your order please update this thread.
Nice. I bought 3 BMW's through Pentagon Car Sales. I wouldn't have been able to afford what a X5 costs now, though, when I was a young officer at Ramstein
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2018, 11:14 AM   #4
hcastudillo
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Quote:
Nice. I bought 3 BMW's through Pentagon Car Sales. I wouldn't have been able to afford what a X5 costs now, though, when I was a young officer at Ramstein
Yea it's definitely nice. Were you able to track the status of your order then?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2018, 05:14 PM   #5
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Hmmm... I don't think so, actually. I think the PCS guys just told you when the car was going to show up. What I really wanted was to drive down to Munich and watch the car being built. All 3 of my Bimmers were built in Germany. the 2004 330i in my signature being the current one.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 12:05 AM   #6
MarkCav
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Production Number

I ordered a 2019 X5 xDrive40i on 9/22 for December production because of some of the options I chose. Can someone please tell me when a production number will be available--- Thanks,

MarkCav
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 02:00 AM   #7
ttsar
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i / 2025 M4 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkCav View Post
I ordered a 2019 X5 xDrive40i on 9/22 for December production because of some of the options I chose. Can someone please tell me when a production number will be available--- Thanks,

MarkCav
Once the production starts, you will get a VIN number. But it seems that only the US spec orders could be tracked.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 02:22 AM   #8
MarkCav
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkCav View Post

MarkCav
Once the production starts, you will get a VIN number. But it seems that only the US spec orders could be tracked.
Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 04:44 PM   #9
hcastudillo
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Quote:
Hmmm... I don't think so, actually. I think the PCS guys just told you when the car was going to show up. What I really wanted was to drive down to Munich and watch the car being built. All 3 of my Bimmers were built in Germany. the 2004 330i in my signature being the current one.
This is my first BMW. I got pretty excited when I arrived in Germany and found out you could go to the factory in Munich to pick up your vehicle as well as get the tour and a complete walk through of the vehicle's features. Needless to say I was a little disappointed to later find out the X5 is built in SC. However I was still offered the choice to have it shipped from SC -> Bremerhaven -> Munich and pick up there at the factory but I really didn't see a point to it. Anyway, I was just looking forward to being able to track the order like everyone stateside but I'll just have to ping my CA Also, thanks for posting all those pics and providing feedback in the other thread. It was very helpful and informative! I hope I get to see one in person soon.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 06:22 PM   #10
magna6882
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 audi q7

Quote:
I got a production number today but no vin. It says order status 112-scheduled for daily.
Can I track with this info or do I need a vin?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 08:31 PM   #11
ILM_X5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by magna6882 View Post
Quote:
I got a production number today but no vin. It says order status 112-scheduled for daily.
Can I track with this info or do I need a vin?
You can track your order through BMW My Garage by entering your order number.