10-19-2020, 03:45 PM   #111
docklevi
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M50i, 2020 440i conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeJohanson View Post
Just checking to see if anyone has ordered tanzanite blue?

How much extra for BMW individual ($3,000)?

What color interior?
I ordered the Tanzanite Blue II Metallic on my X5M50i (1950.00) with the Tartufo Extended Merino Leather and it's a fantastic combination!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 12:16 PM   #112
Gstahl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e soon

Reviving (semi) old thread... Seems tanzanite blue is M only now (like for the 50 and competition not M design in 40 45e, etc)?

Anyone have background. I know you can do individual but that seems so annoying to do a $5K option and where it is $2K(ish) for M.

Also lane change assists I assume works on M and works on 2020 tanzanite but would be disabled in an individual tanzanite (reason as I understand is calibration time for different colors, some colors are very low volume and it would be a huge tasks to calibrate LC for each paint). Since this blue sells on other x5 models it would seem overkill to disable.

Any thoughts, opinions?

Geoff
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 12:38 PM   #113
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast & Furious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gstahl View Post
Reviving (semi) old thread... Seems tanzanite blue is M only now (like for the 50 and competition not M design in 40 45e, etc)?

Anyone have background. I know you can do individual but that seems so annoying to do a $5K option and where it is $2K(ish) for M.

Also lane change assists I assume works on M and works on 2020 tanzanite but would be disabled in an individual tanzanite (reason as I understand is calibration time for different colors, some colors are very low volume and it would be a huge tasks to calibrate LC for each paint). Since this blue sells on other x5 models it would seem overkill to disable.

Any thoughts, opinions?

Geoff
TBII is on the M50i and X5M only right now in the US, but is still a special order along with Dravit and Ametrin. Can delay production 10 weeks or more.
On the individual site you can get TBII on the lower models, agree its annoying to go that route and more costly. It was only available for a hot minute on the lower level models, I don't remember when they removed it as an option.
On the individual site, it does state that Lane Change Assist has to be deactivated (I believe its been said on the forum that it has to do with the metallic/mineral content in the paints that requires deactivation); I think its deactivated regardless of model year but someone with a TBII 2020 can/should confirm.
      09-22-2021, 02:16 PM   #114
Gstahl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e soon

Just ordered TBII for a 45e, the dealer confirmed they can do it on the backend the same as the frontend for M models, thus same possible delay and same land change assist delete BUT it is only $1950 (not $5K).

The dealer did also say it was deactivated regardless of what model of X5
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 06:24 PM   #115
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gstahl View Post
Just ordered TBII for a 45e, the dealer confirmed they can do it on the backend the same as the frontend for M models, thus same possible delay and same land change assist delete BUT it is only $1950 (not $5K).

The dealer did also say it was deactivated regardless of what model of X5
The lane change assist shouldn't be deleted since TBII is certified to have it and should be treated as a Priority 1 paint. TBII is a priority 1 paint for the X5, Serial and Priority 1 paints do not delete the Lane Change Assist, only Individual paints do that.