BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-19-2020, 04:21 PM   #375
MaybeX5
Rep
Drives: X5 Xdrive45e

Amu3ed, I ordered my car mid September and picked it up on October 15. I just looked at my sticker. HP and battery capacity are nowhere to be found. Neither are the safety ratings which I find odd.

I did receive two stickers though so I will check the other one after work.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 04:36 PM   #376
amus3d
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 530e, X5 45e

Hmm...any thoughts? It sounds like a lot of us are basically buying a car without knowing the exact HP or battery size. This is reassuring.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 08:15 PM   #377
FLYIN'
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp, M550i, X545e

Still on website

Quote:
Originally Posted by amu3ed View Post
Has anyone in the US picked up their 45e with a September or October built date? With BMW taking the 45e specs completely offline, I am wondering what the monroney sticker list for combined HP and battery capacity.
It's still on the BMWNA website for building and ordering the vehicle so it's not completely offline. I wonder if dealers are just not getting allocations until the battery backlog can be addressed.

https://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/x-mo...in-hybrid.html
'21 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2020, 08:25 PM   #378
FLYIN'
Second Lieutenant
Rep

https://insideevs.com/news/428079/bm...s-range-price/

Seems to show a few different numbers but about 385-394hp combined with the gas engine accounting for only 282hp (which is what the BMW website shows).
Attached Images

'21 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 08:29 PM   #379
Tenchu
Rep
Drives: 21' X5 xDrive45e, 11' 911 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by amu3ed View Post
Has anyone in the US picked up their 45e with a September or October built date? With BMW taking the 45e specs completely offline, I am wondering what the monroney sticker list for combined HP and battery capacity.
That's my sticker. I picked my car up on 9/29/20, ordered the car 8/28/20.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 09:28 PM   #380
FLYIN'
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I'm quite sure no manufacturer puts horsepower on a window sticker in case someone actually goes to a dynamometer and then a lawyer!
'21 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 10:56 PM   #381
amus3d
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 530e, X5 45e

The monroney sticker on my 530e lists the HP on the electric motor but not the ICE. It also states a 8 year warranty on the battery.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 12:25 AM   #382
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
45e Owner's manuals are offline now too

Appreciate 1
1230vani637.00
      10-20-2020, 01:22 AM   #383
Caramel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: blue car, grey car, white bike

All clear indications that BMW is pulling out of the U.S. market for good.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 01:49 AM   #384
rawskyb
Private
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, Porsche Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
45e Owner's manuals are offline now too
I logged in to BMWUSA.com and was able to access all of the owner's manuals and other info about the 45e just 2 minutes ago. I would add a screenshot but this forum doesn't let me cut and paste pix in to posts for some reason.

The owner's manual available currently appears to be the exact same revision as the one I downloaded 2 weeks ago: 01405A10FF0
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 01:53 AM   #385
rawskyb
Private
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, Porsche Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
All clear indications that BMW is pulling out of the U.S. market for good.

The US is BMW's second biggest market worldwide. I seriously doubt they are pulling out of the US market.

Having some tech spec docs for the 45e removed from their website is a sign BMW is pulling out of the US? Kind of a leap, don't you think??
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 02:17 AM   #386
Skyguard
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Spoke to my dealer here in Cyprus. They are expecting the testing software to be ready by the end of this month.
The testing itself will be done remotely from Germany. Local technician's role is just to connect the cars being tested.
Appreciate 2
      10-20-2020, 02:21 AM   #387
Caramel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: blue car, grey car, white bike

Apologies in case I missed something - I thought that jumping straight to conclusions in the absence of complete and perfect information was the main purpose of this thread.

But seriously: Why else would they try to cover their tracks?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 02:26 AM   #388
Portocale
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawskyb View Post

The US is BMW's second biggest market worldwide. I seriously doubt they are pulling out of the US market.

Having some tech spec docs for the 45e removed from their website is a sign BMW is pulling out of the US? Kind of a leap, don't you think??
You see a dog leaving the meat shop? What to do with biggest factory of Spartanburg?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 03:20 AM   #389
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawskyb View Post
I logged in to BMWUSA.com and was able to access all of the owner's manuals and other info about the 45e just 2 minutes ago. I would add a screenshot but this forum doesn't let me cut and paste pix in to posts for some reason.

The owner's manual available currently appears to be the exact same revision as the one I downloaded 2 weeks ago: 01405A10FF0
if you try a new 45e undelivered build you can't access them - or at least anyone who's tried it with a new VIN can't (that was the point of the screenshot).

The point is, in the NA market, BMW has taken the specs, features, and manuals offline for undelivered 45e's implying platform changes are coming which usually doesn't mean for the better IME w/ BMW.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 03:38 AM   #390
Tommy11220
Private
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguard View Post
Spoke to my dealer here in Cyprus. They are expecting the testing software to be ready by the end of this month.
The testing itself will be done remotely from Germany. Local technician's role is just to connect the cars being tested.
Thanks for getting back to the original topic of this thread. Has your dealer in Cyprus given any rough estimate as to when Munich expects this testing process to be completed?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 04:28 AM   #391
Skyguard
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy11220 View Post
Has your dealer in Cyprus given any rough estimate as to when Munich expects this testing process to be completed?
No, they do not have any details on how the testing is going to be performed and/or how long will it take for each car. Also no details on what shall be done to those cars that fail the test.

There are only 3 cars to be tested here as far as I know of so it should not take too much time provided that the testing SW and procedure are ready soon enough.
Appreciate 2
volodp193.50
      10-20-2020, 04:36 AM   #392
Rparker
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Member from Norway here. Hi everyone. I was supposed to pick up my X5 two weeks ago. It is on hold due to the current potential battery issue. My production week was last week July. Currently I have no further information to share other than what have been shared already. To say the least I am overdue on waiting for the car. The wait might have been easier if it was a bit more predictive on when I could expect the car delivered. Currently I feel that those in the same situation like me are very much in the dark. I guess if someone told me mid December I could probably accept that and prepare myself for the wait. The actual situation of not knowing anything is painful.

My current thoughts on the fix to the issue is that a test software is being made at the moment, then this software will monitor a controlled stress charge to the batteries and if the car is within certain parameters then its cleared. Swap battery packs with new ones is likely not even an alternative as the costs to do so for BMW together with availability and logistics are likely not any sustainable solution so it need a procedure to check every car for faults instead. This is just my theory and nowhere confirmed by anyone. Great if anyone that would receive any information from their local dealer around the issue would be willing to share this information here so we all can learn and understand on how this will be tackled in the end.
Appreciate 2
volodp193.50
      10-20-2020, 04:58 AM   #393
Tommy11220
Private
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rparker View Post
Member from Norway here. Hi everyone. I was supposed to pick up my X5 two weeks ago. It is on hold due to the current potential battery issue. My production week was last week July. Currently I have no further information to share other than what have been shared already. To say the least I am overdue on waiting for the car. The wait might have been easier if it was a bit more predictive on when I could expect the car delivered. Currently I feel that those in the same situation like me are very much in the dark. I guess if someone told me mid December I could probably accept that and prepare myself for the wait. The actual situation of not knowing anything is painful.

My current thoughts on the fix to the issue is that a test software is being made at the moment, then this software will monitor a controlled stress charge to the batteries and if the car is within certain parameters then its cleared. Swap battery packs with new ones is likely not even an alternative as the costs to do so for BMW together with availability and logistics are likely not any sustainable solution so it need a procedure to check every car for faults instead. This is just my theory and nowhere confirmed by anyone. Great if anyone that would receive any information from their local dealer around the issue would be willing to share this information here so we all can learn and understand on how this will be tackled in the end.
Thanks for your input, my situation is similar, my car was built around the exact same time also (7/20). I'm not sure if this has been summarized in detail, but what my dealer has told me, is that in theory around 40 charge/discharge cycles would be required to determine whether the car's battery is faulty or not (why?). The cause of the problem were dust particles (= "debris"?) that would expand during the charging process, in a worst case scenario leading to a short circuit. What the testing software supposedly does/will do is cut the testing time to 1/10th, which is what you referred to as stress test. This would be done in a fire safe environment with a fire truck standing by (I'm not kidding) and the way I get it, if it doesn't go up in flames the car is good to be delivered. Either way, even if they tell me it's all good, a more than sour taste would still remain and I'd be hesitant to charge my car in my garage. At least the first few weeks.
As for a time line: as stated above with a not too insignificant number of vehicles potentially affected and to be tested, this will take quite a few weeks imho
Appreciate 1
      10-20-2020, 06:57 AM   #394
moodyhank82
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 45e & G87 6MT

Quote:
if you try a new 45e undelivered build you can't access them - or at least anyone who's tried it with a new VIN can't (that was the point of the screenshot).
I have an October build 45e that is still in transit from the factory to the dealer and I can see the manual using my vin. The vin number you have tried must be for a car that was built on or before 9/23 and thus part of the stop sale...
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 07:53 AM   #395
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
You can still build a 45e on the US configurator, but "View Standard Features" appears to be missing in action....
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 07:59 AM   #396
Rikkiokbye
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodyhank82 View Post
Quote:
I have an October build 45e that is still in transit from the factory to the dealer and I can see the manual using my vin. The vin number you have tried must be for a car that was built on or before 9/23 and thus part of the stop sale...
Agreed. My car was produced last week.

Is in transit. No warning codes at the moment.

Think new orders are unaffected and newly produced cars.
Appreciate 0