BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-14-2020, 03:07 AM   #67
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Anti-dazzle codes at this link.

Try at your own risk. No support provided by me: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vcn...ew?usp=sharing
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 09:24 AM   #68
mandomedic122
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2019 X5M G05, Mini 2016 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Anti-dazzle codes at this link.

Try at your own risk. No support provided by me: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vcn...ew?usp=sharing
@IFR - My car had 5AP, I removed it before being upgraded to 03/2020.58 and the anti dazzle was working perfect. After the upgrade they stopped working. Last night I coded country_variation to Europe, and even tho they do dazzle they do no work as before. The high beams automatically turn off when it senses a car in front or when a car is driving in the opposite direction. So in my opinion, this does not work. I am gonna stop there, as I think if I will render my lights inoperable if I continue with the coding.

Armando
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 10:42 AM   #69
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandomedic122 View Post
@IFR - My car had 5AP, I removed it before being upgraded to 03/2020.58 and the anti dazzle was working perfect. After the upgrade they stopped working. Last night I coded country_variation to Europe, and even tho they do dazzle they do no work as before. The high beams automatically turn off when it senses a car in front or when a car is driving in the opposite direction. So in my opinion, this does not work. I am gonna stop there, as I think if I will render my lights inoperable if I continue with the coding.

Armando
Thanks for the feedback.

There are 4 other codes that Trojanlaw used in conjunction with COUNTRY_VARIANT_MODE successfully on a US 03/2020 G05.

KAFAS [40F9]:
C_FLA_BS_ENTER_THRESH: Rest of world [03]
C_FLA_BS_EXIT_THRESH: Rest of world [03]
C_FLA_CC_MESSAGE_3: no_CC_message [00]
C_FLA_US_SENSITIVITY_MODE: Normal [00]

I haven't tested any of these codes. My car anti-dazzle has worked without issue since day one.

I very much doubt they will render your lights inoperable, but I would be hesitate to use a different region in KAFAS, even if they do work.

Last edited by ifr; 07-14-2020 at 11:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 12:27 PM   #70
Trojanlaw
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Armando - I have confirmed that everything works fine with these codes. I am sure the first two are necessary, I am not sure about the second two. You should not have any concern as you can always VO code back.
      07-14-2020, 05:54 PM   #71
mandomedic122
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojanlaw View Post
Armando - I have confirmed that everything works fine with these codes. I am sure the first two are necessary, I am not sure about the second two. You should not have any concern as you can always VO code back.

I wil try them.

Thanks

Armando
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 08:16 AM   #72
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I wil try them.

Thanks

Armando
Again, take the minimalistic approach. Only code what you need to i.e. try with just the first two codes first.

It 'could' take longer but is more precise.
Appreciate 1
      07-16-2020, 11:57 AM   #73
mandomedic122
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Again, take the minimalistic approach. Only code what you need to i.e. try with just the first two codes first.

It 'could' take longer but is more precise.
Last night I coded the first two lines and now the Anti-Dazzle is back as it was before the 03/2020.58 update.

FYI - yesterday I got my car back from the dealer after being in there for a day for the steering column change, and they upgraded my software to 07/2020.25. I know have android auto, and other fuctions. No Apple Car Key tho

Armando
Appreciate 1
ifr1196.50
      07-16-2020, 12:38 PM   #74
1coolF15D2017
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 G05

Quote:
Last night I coded the first two lines and now the Anti-Dazzle is back as it was before the 03/2020.58 update.

FYI - yesterday I got my car back from the dealer after being in there for a day for the steering column change, and they upgraded my software to 07/2020.25. I know have android auto, and other fuctions. No Apple Car Key tho

Armando
Are you on the latest iOS version. It says that 13.6 supports digital car keys but according to BMW you need to have the latest hardware on X5 and iPhone must be the latest and greatest too. I have iPhone8S so... no worky for me
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 12:48 PM   #75
mandomedic122
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolF15D2017 View Post
Are you on the latest iOS version. It says that 13.6 supports digital car keys but according to BMW you need to have the latest hardware on X5 and iPhone must be the latest and greatest too. I have iPhone8S so... no worky for me
My X5 My0319, is fully loaded for the exception of the B&W sound system. According to a posting video I saw on another post, this should work. I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max with iOS 13.6, and Apple Watch 5 OS 6.2.8 (laterst to support Apple Car Key) and yet does not work. Maybe they will roll it out as an OTA update for the apps like they do for driver recorder and other apps.

Armando
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 05:22 PM   #76
hodgson-p@hotmail.co.uk
Phil
Rep
Drives: Bmw g05

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolF15D2017 View Post
My X5 My0319, is fully loaded for the exception of the B&W sound system. According to a posting video I saw on another post, this should work. I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max with iOS 13.6, and Apple Watch 5 OS 6.2.8 (laterst to support Apple Car Key) and yet does not work. Maybe they will roll it out as an OTA update for the apps like they do for driver recorder and other apps.

Armando
Hi, sorry for the random question but reading through this maybe someone could help me. I have retrofitted laser lights and the hba stalk but can't get that to work. I am led to believe it needs a FSC to work and was wondering can anyone put me on to getting it? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 05:26 PM   #77
hodgson-p@hotmail.co.uk
Phil
Rep
Drives: Bmw g05

Quote:
Quote:
That would not explain how a car produced prior to mine in the US was able get it working. That said, I would love to research this issue further. Please advise how to check.

Thanks
KAFAS HBA FSC listed. Guess you need both for anti-dazzle.

If you don't have access to ISTA, use esys:
Comfort Mode-FSC-Read VIN-Check FSC status
Hi, sorry for the random question but reading through this maybe someone could help me. I have retrofitted laser lights and the hba stalk but can't get that to work. I am led to believe it needs a FSC to work and was wondering can anyone put me on to getting it? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2020, 10:41 AM   #78
zmm12345
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x7 and 330i

Quote:
Are these codes only needed for laser, or even for regular anti dazzle?
In the past mine worked with do these FDL changes
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2020, 10:46 AM   #79
Trojanlaw
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Same codes for both
      01-31-2021, 07:54 AM   #80
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 21'' X6MC (F96)

I have been reading this very interesting thread and wanted to say thank you for the collective knowledge here.

I'm getting a Canadian F96 to a new region (middle East) and keen to explore whether some of the features available in North America (e.g. TLA, aSLA) and in EU (e.g. anti dazzle) will work in the Middle East too. Hope to report back... but before, I have one question:

Quote:
The region locks via land masks are a more efficient way for BMW to meet regulatory compliance than using FA codes. If the car is driven to a region where the feature is allowed, then it will activate.

If that's what they have done with 03/2020 then it could be fixed in FDL coding by maxing (FFFFFFFF) the relevant land/country mask. This is how I unlocked aSLA and NHA for any region.

If that is the case then it could be good news, as an FSC requirement would have been a right pain.

Start with KAFAS VFW_ and I'll take a look for any other likely candidates in 03/2020 tomorrow. VFW is a huge mask, so could be used for all sorts, and not just gww/wwa/tlr

@ifr I'm curious to know if there's a way to know, by regulation, which regions are locked for aSLA, anti dazzle, TLA, etc. ? How does BMW determine that in the system based on the law interpretation?

Quote:
In addition to VO Coding without 5AP, changing the following files in KAFAS4 40F9 will get it to work again even with the software update:

COUNTRY_VARIATION: Europe_RC [01]
C_FLA_BS_ENTER_THRESH: Rest of world [03]
C_FLA_BS_EXIT_THRESH: Rest of world [02]
C_FLA_CC_MESSAGE_3: no_CC_message [00]
C_FLA_US_SENSITIVITY_MODE: Normal [00]

Thanks to everyone that helped solve this!!!

JP
Thanks Trojanlaw, I will do that once I get the car and report back to confirm if it works for my specific case with 11/2020.45 for an MY2021 build.
Appreciate 0