Portocale
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2020

Down payment

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
A higher first down payment on the lease is a tax trick in Belgium to have more expenses in a year If you didn't have enough.

25% sounds like a lot just to be sure you come and colleges the car you ordered.

I think most Belgian 45e owners are leasing them. I also do. So I just can return it at the end of the lease. Or if the price is still OK I can buy it and cell it my self. But at least a can't be stuck with a heavily devaluated car.

I didn't have to do a downpayment to the dealer because the bank put the order with the dealer
I understand yout point of view, but my situation is different : I pay the car with my money, no bank, no lease, I am the owner. I work for an embassy and in order to have privilleges and special prices is compulsory to own te car, no lease, no rent, no...
At previous car I pay 10% advance, now I was informed that due to some unexpected cancellations the advance must be higher, just in case. Anyway, te car must be paid in full prior to delivery.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 12:26 PM   #750
AlexG05be
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
A higher first down payment on the lease is a tax trick in Belgium to have more expenses in a year If you didn't have enough.

25% sounds like a lot just to be sure you come and colleges the car you ordered.

I think most Belgian 45e owners are leasing them. I also do. So I just can return it at the end of the lease. Or if the price is still OK I can buy it and cell it my self. But at least a can't be stuck with a heavily devaluated car.

I didn't have to do a downpayment to the dealer because the bank put the order with the dealer
I’m purchasing it as company car. It was more interesting for me than a leasing and I don’t expect to end up with a completely worthless car in 4 years. Looking at 40e 4 years old, you lose around 60% of the value today. The 45e is much better. I did a 25% down payment for fiscal reasons last year but it will only remain interesting if I can get the car this year... which is what I still expect.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 12:44 PM   #751
pho
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexG05be View Post
Quote:

I’m purchasing it as company car. It was more interesting for me than a leasing and I don’t expect to end up with a completely worthless car in 4 years. Looking at 40e 4 years old, you lose around 60% of the value today. The 45e is much better. I did a 25% down payment for fiscal reasons last year but it will only remain interesting if I can get the car this year... which is what I still expect.
Same here. Financial renting with 16% residual value purchase option which I intend to do. Did the same with all of my previous company cars and never regretted it; always made a small "profit".
Personally I can't see the 45e being "worthless in 5 years" like some claim will be the case
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 02:01 PM   #752
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pho View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I'm purchasing it as company car. It was more interesting for me than a leasing and I don't expect to end up with a completely worthless car in 4 years. Looking at 40e 4 years old, you lose around 60% of the value today. The 45e is much better. I did a 25% down payment for fiscal reasons last year but it will only remain interesting if I can get the car this year... which is what I still expect.
Same here. Financial renting with 16% residual value purchase option which I intend to do. Did the same with all of my previous company cars and never regretted it; always made a small "profit".
Personally I can't see the 45e being "worthless in 5 years" like some claim will be the case
I don't think it will be absolutely worthless. I just think it might be challenging to sell for a good price. I will see in 4 years. I preferred putting the risk with the bank.

I did a renting (also with my company) with 10% pre payment but with 30% rest value at 4 years. I can buy it for that price or leave it to to bank and I don't have to worry about it anymore.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 02:20 PM   #753
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I'm purchasing it as company car. It was more interesting for me than a leasing and I don't expect to end up with a completely worthless car in 4 years. Looking at 40e 4 years old, you lose around 60% of the value today. The 45e is much better. I did a 25% down payment for fiscal reasons last year but it will only remain interesting if I can get the car this year... which is what I still expect.
Is this a personal experience? Did you sell your own 40e after 4 years?

Because the prices they are being offered for are not the prices they will be sold for. The ones that are on AutoScout tend to be there for a very long time.

I don't think anybody would buy a 40e now. There is no tax benifit for companies anymore and private you might as well buy a f15 35i or 30/40d.

But that is my personal thinking not everybody has to do the same.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 03:31 PM   #754
Heavyd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Quote:
Is this a personal experience? Did you sell own your 40e after 4 years?

Because the prices they are being offered for are not the prices they will be sold for. The ones that are on AutoScout tend to be there for a very long time.

I don't think anybody would buy a 40e now. There is no tax benifit anymore so you might as well buy a f15 35i or 30/40d.

I think it will depend on new tax rules the coming years. If the 45e becomes a false hybrid because of better technology and new emission rules you're f#cked to get a good price. No private person will buy such a car new or second hand and someone with a bussines has no benefit. A local second hand dealer with a 40e was becoming desperate with a 40e he had to sell
Appreciate 1
X5 45e1090.50
      07-27-2020, 03:46 PM   #755
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
Quote:
Is this a personal experience? Did you sell own your 40e after 4 years?

I don't think anybody would buy a 40e now. There is no tax benifit anymore so you might as well buy a f15 35i or 30/40d.

I think it will depend on new tax rules the coming years. If the 45e becomes a false hybrid because of better technology and new emission rules you're f#cked to get a good price. No private person will buy such a car new or second hand and someone with a bussines has no benefit. A local second hand dealer with a 40e was becoming desperate with a 40e he had to sell
That is exactly my reasoning and why I wanted some security not to be stuck with a difficult to sell car.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 06:29 AM   #756
Rosso77
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso77 View Post
Got an update from dealer this morning, production scheduled W30, delivery foreseen W37... countdown can start :-) (Ordered my 45e Jan 8th)
went to the dealer this morning, status 165 (in Transit) !
Got the VIN, now trying to track the ship
Arrival at dealership first week of September.
      07-28-2020, 12:39 PM   #757
AlexG05be
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
That is exactly my reasoning and why I wanted some security not to be stuck with a difficult to sell car.
Might indeed be a bad gamble but not all those on Autoscout24 stay there forever. As Heavyd mentions, it all depends on future tax rules and also on tech evolution. If electric cars battery progress are huge over the coming years, it might indeed be difficult to sell.

Looking at the 40e: For 35k€, it still is a great family car compared to other cars you can get. I wouldn’t buy it as a company car but why not as a private... then again autonomy on the 40e was poor compared to the 45e.

Should I be wrong, I’ll keep it an extra year and know what I’ll do with the next one 😉 but the priority is to simply get it first ...
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 03:39 AM   #758
AlexG05be
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Hi BE fellows, just had a call with the dealer and my delivery delays have again been extended by 3 more weeks. Wait time is now close to 11 months... Hope this is not the case for you as well. This is very poor supply chain management by BMW and very surprising when you know that many other countries don’t face such delays. :-(
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 04:09 AM   #759
pho
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Hi BE fellows, just had a call with the dealer and my delivery delays have again been extended by 3 more weeks. Wait time is now close to 11 months... Hope this is not the case for you as well. This is very poor supply chain management by BMW and very surprising when you know that many other countries don’t face such delays. :-(
Ugh. My scheduled production week was W32 (this week) last time I checked (mid-July when I was at the dealer), with delivery for end of september as well... this does not bode well.
I'll just wait it out and expect the worst. Ignorance is bliss
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 04:42 AM   #760
AlexG05be
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Ugh. My scheduled production week was W32 (this week) last time I checked (mid-July when I was at the dealer), with delivery for end of september as well... this does not bode well.
I’m too impatient to remain ignorant
Originally I was scheduled for delivery in W29, Now I’m W41 + extra time to make everything ready and get a TT4 Tracker installed. So somewhere W43-44...
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 04:49 AM   #761
pho
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally I was scheduled for delivery in W29, Now I’m W41 + extra time to make everything ready and get a TT4 Tracker installed. So somewhere W43-44...
Yeah my original delivery was foreseen for W26... I'm kinda disappointed in BMW that long after I ordered mine (start of jan), the 45e was announced in the US and customers there are already taking delivery.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 06:39 AM   #762
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
What insurance company do you have? I don't need a tracker for my insurance (KBC). First it was needed but I asked them to explain why because I didn't have in the 640d GT and F15 40e before and they took it out.

Good luck with the wait. Really annoying for you.

Maybe you can try to beat Heavyd in the longest wait for a BMW ever, although I doubt that setting the record will compensate the terribly long wait.

Ps the glass is half full: you are already over half of the waiting time. And it is really worth waiting for too.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 10:24 AM   #763
tvasica
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 M50D

After 7 months from order will my x5M 50d this week at my dealer. 👍👍🥂🥂
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 10:38 AM   #764
AlexG05be
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
What insurance company do you have? I don't need a tracker for my insurance (KBC). First it was needed but I asked them to explain why because I didn't have in the 640d GT and F15 40e before and they took it out.

Maybe you can try to beat Heavyd in the longest wait for a BMW ever, although I doubt that setting the record will compensate the terribly long wait.

Ps the glass is half full: you are already over half of the waiting time. And it is really worth waiting for too.
Not trying to compete with Heavyd on that one

I’m with Axa and they proposed a correct price for full omnium. Looking at tracking + insurance, it is around the same as I had with other ones... Only extra is the yearly monitoring fee.

I didn’t try KBC. Will give it a try since it’s my bank. Thanks for the tip.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 02:56 PM   #765
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Not trying to compete with Heavyd on that one

I’m with Axa and they proposed a correct price for full omnium. Looking at tracking + insurance, it is around the same as I had with other ones... Only extra is the yearly monitoring fee.

I didn’t try KBC. Will give it a try since it’s my bank. Thanks for the tip.
I also did my operational renting with KBC and I got a nice price for both. Much better than BMW financial.

The tracking system is quite expensive isn't it? And is it visible in the interior?

You still have time to compare
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 12:42 AM   #766
AlexG05be
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I also did my operational renting with KBC and I got a nice price for both. Much better than BMW financial.

The tracking system is quite expensive isn't it? And is it visible in the interior?

BMW financial offers indeed bad conditions.

TT4: less than 1k ex vat including first year of monitoring. (719€ ex-vat for the TT4 module only). From what I understood, it’s well hidden. Otherwise thiefs can easily block the signal or even remove the module. I don’t need to know where it will be
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 12:46 AM   #767
pho
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

For what it’s worth, I’m also at KBC for insurance, they never mentioned a tracker
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 01:33 AM   #768
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

BMW financial offers indeed bad conditions.

TT4: less than 1k ex vat including first year of monitoring. (719€ ex-vat for the TT4 module only). From what I understood, it’s well hidden. Otherwise thiefs can easily block the signal or even remove the module. I don’t need to know where it will be
Yes it would be stupid to put the tracking device in direct view. Didn't think of that one.

You should add the price of the device and service to the cost of your insurance.

I have 2100 / year for omnium.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 02:43 AM   #769
Heavyd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Quote:
For what it's worth, I'm also at KBC for insurance, they never mentioned a tracker
I'm with KBC. My wife works for KBC insurances and they don't ask a tracker for new cars. Only for second hand cars. So I don't have a tracker
Appreciate 1
X5 45e1090.50
      08-04-2020, 10:10 AM   #770
Sirksael
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

My insurance policy was activated today, with AG insurance, also no tracker needed
Appreciate 0