Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xigolle View Post
Quote:
Yes I got in December and went skiing end February. So I drove normally without going to fast or to high rev and not in sport (to much).

The trip to wintersport was +/- 1000 km and with the 300-400 Km visits to family with x-mass I did approximatively 2000 km with the ICE.

So just before entering the mountains after driving on the ICE for more than enough I put it in sport. For a short while, because the rest of the family was lest enthusiastic with me testing accelerations. Those things are better done without spectators.

I think the recommendation of 2000 km is standard but should be 2000 km on the ICE for the 45e. The tires, brakes and gear also need a break in but less than the engine it self.

I know there is discussion if it still necessary but this is how I did it.

It will be difficult these times. HeavyD is lucky he is going to Austria. So he can put some km on the ICE I would stay under 160 Km/h in Germany on the way there (at least the first 500 km) but on the way back it should be OK anyway.
Will also be planning a road trip (if corona lets us) when mine will be delivered so it easier to put some miles on it.
How did you make sure the car drove on the ICE ? Just draining the battery and go from there ?
If you have to do 1000 km and you leave with 100% and you can't charge most of the highway will be done on ICE.

The other trips were 300-400 km. So same principle. I knew I would only do 60 km electric.

I wanted the battery to be fully charged in the mountains to pre-heat in the winter.

So I started charging the battery 60 km before arrival and it was fully charged on arrival. Shorter would also have been ok. Still have to test that

This might also be a good idea in the summer. Pre cooling is great with 35 degrees outside.

So try to have a charged battery or at least 50-60% arriving at your destination. Unless you can charger at destination. Don't forget both cables 😉

Fuel consumption goes up to 15 l/km. So it's not economic at all.

I drove to Austria today for our summer holiday. The car drives very well and smooth. Even with a loaded car I can't complain about power. Considering it's a +2 ton car. Most of the time cruising 140-150 km/h on the German Autobahn. But I couldn't resist to push a few times for a very short while to 210 km/h. Because I wouldn't stress the new engine too much. Going to 210 was very smooth and quick. The eboost kicked in Average fuel consumption is 10,3 liter since I departed this morning. My F16 30d had 9,6 liter for a similar trip.
Great car! I don't miss my F16 30d at all! This is much more relaxed and luxurious driving
What fuel did you use? You asked this before and I used E5 98 to travel in France. My average was 9,9 but my max speed was 135 on the acc. Is you did with E10 95 I dint think it will make a big difference.
I used E10 95. Will 95 consume more than 98?
Theoretically yes. I did my trip on E5 98 because the price difference is less in France and I wanted to try.

I also did some recharging on the ICE.

My cruising speed was less than yours. 130-135.

So I think our values are comparable 9,9 vs 10,3.

The extra 0,4 will probably be due to your higher cruising speed. And if it is not 98 is 20 cents more than 95. So with that price difference it will still be cheaper to use the slightly less efficient 95.

I will try 95 on my way back to see what happens.

Happy holidays btw.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 03:07 PM   #46
Heavyd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Powerd View Post
Congrats Heavyd! Nice car! I just hit 5000 km today.
I'm always on 98, recommended by dealer, better for engine they claim...
My dealer advised 95. Will try 98 next.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 03:09 PM   #47
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes I got in December and went skiing end February. So I drove normally without going to fast or to high rev and not in sport (to much).

The trip to wintersport was +/- 1000 km and with the 300-400 Km visits to family with x-mass I did approximatively 2000 km with the ICE.

So just before entering the mountains after driving on the ICE for more than enough I put it in sport. For a short while, because the rest of the family was lest enthusiastic with me testing accelerations. Those things are better done without spectators.

I think the recommendation of 2000 km is standard but should be 2000 km on the ICE for the 45e. The tires, brakes and gear also need a break in but less than the engine it self.

It will be difficult these times. HeavyD is lucky he is going to Austria. So he can put some km on the ICE I would stay under 160 Km/h in Germany on the way there (at least the first 500 km) but on the way back it should be OK anyway.
Will also be planning a road trip (if corona lets us) when mine will be delivered so it easier to put some miles on it.
How did you make sure the car drove on the ICE ? Just draining the battery and go from there ?
If you have to do 1000 km and you leave with 100% and you can't charge most of the highway will be done on ICE.

The other trips were 300-400 km. So same principle. I knew I would only do 60 km electric.

I wanted the battery to be fully charged in the mountains to pre-heat in the winter.

So I started charging the battery 60 km before arrival and it was fully charged on arrival. Shorter would also have been ok. Still have to test that

This might also be a good idea in the summer. Pre cooling is great with 35 degrees outside.

So try to have a charged battery or at least 50-60% arriving at your destination. Unless you can charger at destination. Don't forget both cables 😉

I drove to Austria today for our summer holiday. The car drives very well and smooth. Even with a loaded car I can't complain about power. Considering it's a +2 ton car. Most of the time cruising 140-150 km/h on the German Autobahn. But I couldn't resist to push a few times for a very short while to 210 km/h. Because I wouldn't stress the new engine too much. Going to 210 was very smooth and quick. The eboost kicked in Average fuel consumption is 10,3 liter since I departed this morning. My F16 30d had 9,6 liter for a similar trip.
Great car! I don't miss my F16 30d at all! This is much more relaxed and luxurious driving
What fuel did you use? You asked this before and I used E5 98 to travel in France. My average was 9,9 but my max speed was 135 on the acc. Is you did with E10 95 I dint think it will make a big difference.
Theoretically yes. I did my trip on E5 98 because the price difference is less in France and I wanted to try.

The extra 0,4 will probably be due to your higher cruising speed. And if it is not 98 is 20 cents more than 95. So with that price difference it will still be cheaper to use the slightly less efficient 95.

Happy holidays btw.
I will try 98 on my way back
Pooring rain today. From Wednesday it would be sunshine.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 03:31 PM   #48
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Happy holidays btw.
The manual and my dealer advise 95. And judging your and my observations I don't think it makes any sense to fill up with 98.

I didn't give me a different feeling of performance and the economy doesn't seem to differ either.

It also 20 cents a liter more expensive.

Let's compare when I drive home on 95 and you on 98. I have charged my battery here that might be some % difference on 1000 km if you can't charge.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 04:01 AM   #49
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Happy holidays btw.
The manual and my dealer advise 95. And judging your and my observations I don't think it makes any sense to fill up with 98.

I didn't give me a different feeling of performance and the economy doesn't seem to differ either.

Let's compare when I drive home on 95 and you on 98. I have charged my battery here that might be some % difference on 1000 km if you can't charge.
I would think 98 would give better performance. If not it would be better to use 95. A colleague of mine told me you can get 102 octane petrol in Holland?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 07:48 AM   #50
sailvi767
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 95BMWM3(full Dinan) 2007 Z4MC

Octane has nothing to do with performance. It’s simply about the degree of difficulty in igniting the fuel. Running what the engine is designed to run will give the best performance.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 09:40 AM   #51
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Happy holidays btw.

I always get the message rain closure not possible when starting the car. Do you also get this message? Or any idea to resolve this? I'm on 03/2020 software. Maybe updating to 07/2020?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 10:53 AM   #52
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Happy holidays btw.

I always get the message rain closure not possible when starting the car. Do you also get this message? Or any idea to resolve this? I'm on 03/2020 software. Maybe updating to 07/2020?
This is an option to automatically close the roof when the car is locked and it starts to rain.

I have heard about this issue here.

Try to do a reset: 30 sec. Volume button push

Is your roof opening correctly?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 11:03 AM   #53
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Happy holidays btw.

This is an option to automatically close the roof when the car is locked and it starts to rain.

The sunroof didn't open. I reinitialized the sunroof by pressing the sunroof button for 30 seconds or so. Message disappeared and the sunroof opens again. But for how long? I think it may be a software bug?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 11:43 AM   #54
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Happy holidays btw.

The sunroof didn't open. I reinitialized the sunroof by pressing the sunroof button for 30 seconds or so. Message disappeared and the sunroof opens again. But for how long? I think it may be a software bug?
Mine didn't open either the first time I tried.

I didn't get the message you got.

My roof started working when I fully opened and closed the blind once.

I don't know if they have to do something to initialise roof opening after transport and delivery. Could be that was the problem in our cars? If the roof doesn't move the automatic function can't work either.

Maybe the problem is solved now. Was this the first time you opened the roof?

There are some post on the fault message you got. I don't know how it was finally resolved.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 11:55 AM   #55
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Happy holidays btw.

Mine didn't open either the first time I tried.

I didn't get the message you got.

My roof started working when I fully opened and closed the blind once.

I don't know if they have to do something to initialise roof opening after transport and delivery. Could be that was the problem in our cars? If the roof doesn't move the automatic function can't work either.

Maybe the problem is solved now. Was this the first time you opened the roof?

There are some post on the fault message you got. I don't know how it was finally resolved.
I had it one before that the roof didn't open. After reinitialization it opened again. Didn't notice the message that time.
So I wonder with what interval this problem occurs. I have the car a week and this is the second time.
Don't know if software upgrade will resolve this.
Are you on 03/2020?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 12:26 PM   #56
ems328i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 35i (F15) '14 M135i (F21)

You guys really need to edit/cut the quotes
Appreciate 4
Heavyd821.50
X5 45e1077.00
volodp193.50
DickyS51.50
      08-04-2020, 01:04 PM   #57
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems328i View Post
Yes we do. We can fill an entire page just with one post.

Ps how do you do that, cut the quote?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 01:11 PM   #58
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

Are you on 03/2020?
Yes I am.

And I found out how to cut the quote. Should have done that before!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 01:22 PM   #59
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Quote:

Are you on 03/2020?
Yes I am.

Jumping into the new quoting action

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 01:23 PM   #60
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems328i View Post
I was going to post the same, LOL...

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 01:25 PM   #61
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Yes I am.

Gonna mail the dealer about this issue. We' ll see what they have to say.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 04:01 PM   #62
Prancing Cow
Rep
Drives: -

Congrats! Travel safely!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 03:46 PM   #63
Sirksael
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Not really on topic but since I guess there are a lot of Belgian owners reading here: has any of you managed to get the Lane change assistant working in Belgium?
I have the option activated in idrive, and I also checked with esys and there is no code 8TR in my FA, so I guess it should be working.
But in fact, when I am in assisted driving mode, with the assisted driving view displayed, I push the turnsignal stalk to the resistance point, hold it there, and nothing happens (aside from the turn signal activating obviously)
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 04:13 PM   #64
BXdriver
Four stripes vehicle commander
Norway
Rep
Drives: 21 BMW X5 45e

It's entertaining...

- to hear you guys even mention 98 octane Bensin for the 2020 X5
Living in Norway - the most politically correct country in the World (NOT! well, many believe so...a joke that is I personally think) - 98 octane is really, and this is true, only for lawn movers, boat motors...and possibly some V12 Ferrari's...98 is also priced way way higher than 95 so it's a no-go in many ways.

Anyway, thanks for the entertaining yet also informative thread!

All best
BXdriver
In the past: 20 Volvo XC60
In the past: 14 BMW X5 25d
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 09:32 PM   #65
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXdriver View Post
- to hear you guys even mention 98 octane Bensin for the 2020 X5
Living in Norway - the most politically correct country in the World (NOT! well, many believe so...a joke that is I personally think) - 98 octane is really, and this is true, only for lawn movers, boat motors...and possibly some V12 Ferrari's...98 is also priced way way higher than 95 so it's a no-go in many ways.

Anyway, thanks for the entertaining yet also informative thread!

All best
BXdriver
I just tried once if it would be more economic. But it isn't so back to 95.

I am currently in France and the price difference is small in Belgium it is bigger. That's why I tried.

It is being advertised as V power / premium / ... suggesting it gives more power.

Probably different rules as in Norway.
Appreciate 1
BXdriver159.00
      08-06-2020, 09:43 PM   #66
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirksael View Post
Not really on topic but since I guess there are a lot of Belgian owners reading here: has any of you managed to get the Lane change assistant working in Belgium?
I have the option activated in idrive, and I also checked with esys and there is no code 8TR in my FA, so I guess it should be working.
But in fact, when I am in assisted driving mode, with the assisted driving view displayed, I push the turnsignal stalk to the resistance point, hold it there, and nothing happens (aside from the turn signal activating obviously)
Yes it works. Only on the highway at higher speeds. And both sides of the lane recognised and the lane you are going to is free.

Acc on, an assisted driving (steering and speed).

Don't steer yourself because that cancels the action.

And do as you describe. It takes a bit getting used to find the correct point. A yellow arrow appears and the car starts steering.

Mine was delivered 12/2019 and it worked directly. Now o 03/2020 and still works.

TBH it works but I never use it. It is a bit less fluent than I would do my self. And it just takes time. For me it is a gimmick.
Appreciate 0