BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-06-2020, 01:35 AM   #67
Heavyd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Dealer said last Friday July 3rd my car is in the German harbor, Bremerhaven. The ship where it was on must have been the Don Pasquale and arrived in Bremerhaven 24th of June.

How long would it take for the car to arrive in Belgium? It was already more than in week in Bremerhaven last Friday.
Does it go to Zeebrugge, Genk or straight to the dealer from Bremerhaven?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 02:20 AM   #68
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
Dealer said last Friday July 3rd my car is in the German harbor, Bremerhaven. The ship where it was on must have been the Don Pasquale and arrived in Bremerhaven 24th of June.

How long would it take for the car to arrive in Belgium? It was already more than in week in Bremerhaven last Friday.
Does it go to Zeebrugge, Genk or straight to the dealer from Bremerhaven?
This is a non controlled mystery (according to my dealer) Mine was in Zeebrugge for three weeks. The dealer said they couldn't do anything to force BMW to put the car on a transport truck. They said it was always a surprise for them when a truck would arrive at what ordered cars would be on it.

Sounds kind of strange and really inefficient.

I would try to annoy them anyway with two or three phone calls a week just to make sure you have it before your holiday and the paperwork is done.

You don't want to get your car Thursday before you leave without the definitive papers. For Belgium it's ok. In foreign countries it is not. If they stop you they can confiscate your car.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 02:55 AM   #69
Heavyd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
This is a non controlled mystery (according to my dealer) Mine was in Zeebrugge for three weeks. The dealer said they couldn't do anything to force BMW to put the car on a transport truck. They said it was always a surprise for them when a truck would arrive at what ordered cars would be on it.

Sounds kind of strange and really inefficient.

I would try to annoy them anyway with two or three phone calls a week just to make sure you have it before your holiday and the paperwork is done.

You don't want to get your car Thursday before you leave without the definitive papers. For Belgium it's ok. In foreign countries it is not. If they stop you they can confiscate your car.
I hope it doesn't go from Bremerhaven to Zeebrugge first? I need the car before august for my holiday.

I was planning on giving them a call on Wednesday
Appreciate 1
Zei_Nu0.00
      07-14-2020, 12:26 PM   #70
bav29
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 M50i on order

Guys, what do you think?
My G06 was manufactured June 20th, I have a VIN and decoded it, all matched my spec so all good. Originally the dealer said it would would arrive in Kent, UK on 10th August.
Ive used the genius chat line twice in the last week and the first time they said car at the dealer 17th August and the 2nd time at the dealer 24th August - these slips in just the space of 3 days.
The only code they give me is 9000 / left plant.
What do you think?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2020, 11:12 AM   #71
Alex97
Rep
Drives: Mini JCW F56

Do you know a good vin decoder in order to check my options list?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2020, 12:43 PM   #72
jayo
Private
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Hi Alex97,

I still have some credit on my MDecoder account.

if you want to PM me your VIN I will run the report for you and send it back

Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex97 View Post
Do you know a good vin decoder in order to check my options list?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2020, 11:02 AM   #73
Portocale
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2020

Bill of Lading

Hello,
For those whose cars were finished until October 31, practically in the last decade of the month, it would be desirable to know the number of the Bill of Lading for the ship Glorious Leader, which will dock at Charleston on November 5. This way we can find out if our cars are boarding the ship.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2020, 11:14 AM   #74
45e X5
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Why is there such a long lead time for the X5 45e for Belgium? I'm just curious more than anything was it Due to Covid?. I'm from Ireland lead time is about 6 months I believe.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2020, 11:57 AM   #75
Portocale
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45e X5 View Post
Why is there such a long lead time for the X5 45e for Belgium? I'm just curious more than anything was it Due to Covid?. I'm from Ireland lead time is about 6 months I believe.
Probably because all countries have quotas. They want to buy only 45e, due to outrageous taxes for normal cars in Belgium. The demand is much higher than offer.

Last edited by Portocale; 11-03-2020 at 02:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2020, 01:01 PM   #76
45e X5
Private
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portocale View Post
Quote:
Probably because all countries have quotas. They want to buy only 45e, due to outrageous taxes for normal cars in Belgium. The demand is much higher to offer.
Ye that's a fair point taxes are so much in Belgium.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2020, 02:24 PM   #77
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Mine was ordered in May and delivered in Belgium December (2 months delayed). I think the current really long waiting times are a combination of Covid related delays , battery recall and high demand.

I hardly saw any G05 X5 in Belgium until 45e deliveries started.

Taxes are so high nobody buys a diesel SUV anymore if a low CO2 PHEV is available. Most of these cars are company cars and the owner is taxed privately to drive it based on CO2.

When driving and I see a new SUV they are mostly X5 45e and GLE 350de. Cayenne, Q7, XC90 are not interesting anymore.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2020, 03:11 PM   #78
Portocale
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Mine was ordered in May and delivered in Belgium December (2 months delayed). I think the current really long waiting times are a combination of Covid related delays , battery recall and high demand.

Taxes are so high nobody buys a diesel SUV anymore if a low CO2 PHEV is available. Most of these cars are company cars and the owner is taxed privately to drive it based on CO2.

When driving and I see a new SUV they are mostly X5 45e and GLE 350de. Cayenne, Q7, XC90 are not interesting anymore.
My question is : if our tax will be 0 or, let s say, 500 euro/year you would choose a PHEV or a diesel?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2020, 03:47 PM   #79
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

My question is : if our tax will be 0 or, let s say, 500 euro/year you would choose a PHEV or a diesel?
I like driving the 45e. Electric for lower speed 6 cylinder for higher. For the same price I would chose the 45e above the 30/40d. I went from a 40e to a 40d and missed the electric drive around town.

If for the same price I would be able to buy a 50i, I would take the V8.

Unfortunately we are talking about tax differences of more than 10K a year.

If in 3 years the iX5 is available with a good range and good charging infrastructure I would consider it. If a german car company had a serious model X alternative (range and performance) I would buy it.
Appreciate 1
      11-13-2020, 10:10 AM   #80
Portocale
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep

Good day to all,
I receive an email from Munich in which is stated:

"Your vehicle is on its way #036001762
Dear Mr XXXX,
We are delighted to inform you that your BMW X5 xDrive30d has been released for transport.
Based on our experience, the total transport time is up to 3 weeks.
Please note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the supply chain is running in accordance with local government regulations.
We kindly ask for your understanding in case of any restrictions and/or delays.
After the pre-delivery inspection, your delivering dealer will arrange an appointment for handover with you."
In your opinion, this means that car is ready to be put on boat or arrived in Europe?
The car, according with VIN number, was made on 26-27 october (F1 and F2 date)
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2020, 06:20 PM   #81
mrbmwx3
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 30d

Garage List
Quote:
Good day to all,
I receive an email from Munich in which is stated:

"Your vehicle is on its way #036001762
Dear Mr XXXX,
We are delighted to inform you that your BMW X5 xDrive30d has been released for transport.
Based on our experience, the total transport time is up to 3 weeks.
Please note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the supply chain is running in accordance with local government regulations.
We kindly ask for your understanding in case of any restrictions and/or delays.
After the pre-delivery inspection, your delivering dealer will arrange an appointment for handover with you."
In your opinion, this means that car is ready to be put on boat or arrived in Europe?
The car, according with VIN number, was made on 26-27 october (F1 and F2 date)
Most probably on a ship now.
Appreciate 1
      11-15-2020, 05:30 AM   #82
finn123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: -

Boheme entered port of Zeebrugge today. Does anybody know what happens next with the cars after they are discharged from the vessel?

I’m especially interested in delivery to Finland. Do they do any inspections or whatsoever?

AFAIK, UECC operates that line and I know it’s possible to track a car via vin on their site once the car is in their system. Next ship departs on 16th of November and then on 25th. I wonder if it’s possible for them to put the car to the next ship tomorrow or it will wait until 25th in port of Zeebrugge.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2020, 03:28 PM   #83
45e X5
Private
Ireland
Rep

Anyone know how the cars are shipped for Ireland? Is it from Charleston to Zeebrugge then from there onto Dublin. Any ideas would be great as I'm not sure or do they go to Southampton in the UK then to Dublin?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 06:34 AM   #84
Grogu
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludovik View Post
You know that many dealers sell thousands of stolen cars that are wanted or whose documents are not all right. In order not to fall for the bait of swindlers and scammers, it is useful for the future owner of a used car to know how to check its legal purity before buying.
Strange post, old thread, and not related. Spam, or just posting after a drink or two?
Appreciate 0