VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWSAC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
I personally like the ivory on the extended merino leather. They have a navy/black piping that adds a little contrast and looks very good, IMO. If I were getting ivory, that's definitely the direction I would go.

Why specifically extended Merino?
I don't think the ivory comes with the contrast piping if you go lower than merino trim level.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 07:28 AM   #24
BMWSAC
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
I don't think the ivory comes with the contrast piping if you go lower than merino trim level.

Right, I just meant why not full Merino instead?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 09:16 AM   #25
Pakoris
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3 2010 E90

Ceramic coating for interior is a good option? Any particular brand I need to look for?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 09:48 AM   #26
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Right, I just meant why not full Merino instead?
Oh - I was just listing the lowest option to get the contrast piping. In my opinion, however, I don't think the full leather was worth the additional cost over extended. The additional parts the get leather I either don't see or touch therefore I care if they're leather.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 07:13 PM   #27
BMWSAC
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Oh - I was just listing the lowest option to get the contrast piping. In my opinion, however, I don't think the full leather was worth the additional cost over extended. The additional parts the get leather I either don't see or touch therefore I care if they're leather.

Yeah I hear ya. For me it's different, cuz I instantly see the differences and feel the differences (kinda like the dash, you don't touch it, but you can see and feel the differences). That's why I'm bummed that the so called full Merino doesn't include the lower doors and the seat backs like on the M cars.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 07:24 PM   #28
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Ivory is great as long as you keep up with it. It’s easy to clean (as long as you do it often when you see the dirt). In other words, you don’t let ivory get super grungy without a lot of work when you do clean it. Women with spray tans are off limits in the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 11:25 PM   #29
Unit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakoris View Post
Ceramic coating for interior is a good option? Any particular brand I need to look for?
Mine is Ivory inside/Arctic Grey on the exterior and is ceramic coated in Gtechnique inside and out. Not sure if you can get Gtechniqe in the US but it’s just the detailers favourite here in the U.K. Not cheap but you get what you pay for. Quality products.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 04:32 PM   #30
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
haha, you went to Parsons or Central Saint Martins, I wonder... nothing unique about white/blue two tone, and simple/clean is different from rudimentary
It seems to be difficult for you to believe others have a strong opposing position. I could care less what anyone thinks about me or what I own. Two tone looks terrible to me. I wouldn’t go as far as calling it tacky but if I had a perm and my living room couches were covered in plastic I’d probably have a different opinion. No offense New Jersey.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 06:32 PM   #31
edofloat
Captain
Rep
Drives: Outback or 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakoris View Post
Yes, it is a very good option. I used CarPro and have had great results.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 03:27 AM   #32
Caramel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: blue car, grey car, white bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYEIL View Post
It seems to be difficult for you to believe others have a strong opposing position. I could care less what anyone thinks about me or what I own. Two tone looks terrible to me. I wouldn’t go as far as calling it tacky but if I had a perm and my living room couches were covered in plastic I’d probably have a different opinion. No offense New Jersey.
Looks as if our self-proclaimed mensa millionaire was banned and had his most offensive posts deleted. Thank you, moderators!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 04:46 AM   #33
Prancing Cow
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
I’m with this guy. People who are too caught up in being “unique” look right past the simple/clean options.
+1
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 04:55 AM   #34
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Quote:
It seems to be difficult for you to believe others have a strong opposing position. I could care less what anyone thinks about me or what I own. Two tone looks terrible to me. I wouldn't go as far as calling it tacky but if I had a perm and my living room couches were covered in plastic I'd probably have a different opinion. No offense New Jersey.
Looks as if our self-proclaimed mensa millionaire was banned and had his most offensive posts deleted. Thank you, moderators!
He's still around, it's his second account.

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...8;postcount=61

Primary user account
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/member.php?u=205694

Appreciate 0