BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-03-2020, 10:36 PM   #1
Gurujin
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 G05, 2016 F10

3M Ceramic Window Tint

Just got the windows tinted today.
Front windows are down to legal here in MD at 35%.
Rear windows with 15%.
Left the front and rear windshields alone for visibility.
May go and get the rear windshield done depending on how the wife likes it.
Great color and the heat rejection is certainly noticeable while driving in the summer heat.
$440 for the job. I think reasonable?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 12:58 AM   #2
robby818
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Looks nice! I also just got tint today. Went with 3M Crystalline on the fronts at 40%. I went back and forth between 20 and 40. I wanted better visibility at night and reduced chance of a ticket so I went with 40. In California, front windows are supposed to be clear. What I like about crystalline is the hue is a slight brown that matches the rear factory glass almost perfectly. So when you are in the X5 and look around all the glass matches in color. The fronts at 40 are just a tad bit lighter. What i do not like about Crystalline is that from the outside it does not match the rear windows well. It has a slight blue sheen while the rear factory glass looks almost black as shown in your pictures.

Last edited by robby818; 08-07-2020 at 11:33 AM..
Appreciate 1
Gurujin21.00
      08-04-2020, 11:14 AM   #3
Gurujin
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 G05, 2016 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby818 View Post
Looks nice! I also just got tint today. Went with 3M Crystalline on the fronts at 40%. I went back and forth between 20 and 40. I wanted better visibility at night and reduced chance of a ticket so I went with 40. In California, front windows are supposed to be clear. What I like about crystalline is the hue is a slight brown that matches the rear factory glass almost perfectly. So when you are in the X5 and look around all the glass matches in color. The fronts at 40 are just a tad bit lighter. What i do not like about Crystalline is that from the outside it does not match the rear windows well. It has a slight blue sheen while the rear factory glass look like dark grey/charcoal as shown in your pictures.
I was contemplating the Crystalline, but I decided not to wait for it as I was so impatient.
Did you get the very rear windshield done?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 11:05 PM   #4
robby818
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurujin View Post
I was contemplating the Crystalline, but I decided not to wait for it as I was so impatient.
Did you get the very rear windshield done?
I did not get any of the rear windows tinted. I didn't want the rear windows to be dark and difficult to see out of at night.
Appreciate 1
Gurujin21.00