BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-04-2020, 11:02 AM   #1
OM3N
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW '09 E92 M3 DCT

45e drive modes settings

Hi new 45e owner, coming from a F15 3.0d.
(along with some previous 5 series, 1 series and 4 M3's)

Absolutely love the car, might be the best ive ever driven in terms of comfort and technical features.

Just trying to figure out the different drive modes, im I right that only Sport and Electrical are customizable?
Like say I would like to have the steering or suspensjon in sport while in hybrid mode, is that not possible?

Thanks!
Attached Images

08-04-2020, 04:21 PM   #2
Atchoom
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Seems not... I have the same frustration....
Any experience from someone doing it with Bimmercode ?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 09:45 PM   #3
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM3N View Post

Absolutely love the car, might be the best ive ever driven in terms of comfort and technical features.

Just trying to figure out the different drive modes, im I right that only Sport and Electrical are customizable?
Like say I would like to have the steering or suspensjon in sport while in hybrid mode, is that not possible?

Thanks!
No you can't.

Congrats on the new car !

For shorter drives I drive electric individual. I selected to have set this one as default at startup (no coding)I have set steering to sport because I think it is to light in comfort.

Longer trips on the highway in adaptive.

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=26514668

Mountain roads or country roads with lots of turns: sport.

I am never in hybrid mode.

I have sport individual set: steering sport, engine sport, gear and suspension comfort. If you set engine in comfort too I think you are principally driving in hybride mode with sport steering. But without the adaptive navigation/ economy and Battery management.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 08:22 AM   #4
Heavyd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
Quote:

Thanks!
No you can't.

For shorter drives I drive electric individual. I selected to have set this one as default at startup (no coding)I have set steering to sport because I think it is to light in comfort.

I have sport individual set: steering sport, engine sport, gear and suspension comfort. If you set engine in comfort too I think you are principally driving in hybride mode with sport steering. But without the adaptive navigation/ economy and Battery management.
How do you set a certain drive mode as default?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 10:42 AM   #5
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
Quote:

Thanks!
No you can't.

How do you set a certain drive mode as default?
You can only set electric individual as default. It is in the menu where you do the settings for electric individual.
Appreciate 0