BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-30-2022, 03:47 PM   #199
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

So for everyone trying still to get this working, all features work great for me. In Germany the remote features where spotty but in Italy it works every time.
I use all connected drive features, drive record,weather, android auto, car play etc without any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebabies View Post
This was from my post and it isn't even that involved. Everything that can work is working now. Apparently the person that I was referencing who did this had to jump through hoops in order to make it work.

Here's what I did.

I contacted ConnectedDrive US with the following message:

"Team,

I'm attempting to add my new BMW X5 to the ConnectedDrive but am running into issues with the following prompt:

"No data was found for this Vehicle Identification Number."

My vin is: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Attached is the Certificate of Origin. Is there a way to manually link the ConnectedDrive services to my account? Any help would be appreciated."

The ConnectedDrive US team took about a week to respond and when they did I got the message:

"We checked and found out that the vehicle is missing TCU / SIM Card information because it does not have mandatory SA Code S-06AF. Without SIM information, the vehicle cannot be imported to our system. Please reach out to the dealer for adding the necessary SA codes."

I was planning on calling them but they don't allow for business skype numbers to call via VOIP. I was going to gather the TCU information when suddenly I got an email (13 days after their reply) saying the vehicle was mapped to the username. I really didn't do anything other than sending the initial email. It started working 4 days ago and i'm pretty happy. I just wanted android auto. I'm lazily going through and testing things to see what will work in the car. I know that the ConnedctedDrive App will not work with the Lock, Unlock, Lights, or Horn. Pretty much the entire phone app is useless. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay definitely work. The Drive Recorder also works.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2022, 07:27 AM   #200
audrius483
Lithuania
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjbmw1 View Post
So for everyone trying still to get this working, all features work great for me. In Germany the remote features where spotty but in Italy it works every time.
I use all connected drive features, drive record,weather, android auto, car play etc without any issues.
Great to hear! U.S CD team activated roaming for my esim in f30 and manually linked my car to U.S CD account, still no functionality, now once again Iam communicating with german CD team, because U.S team ignores me lol.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2022, 09:54 AM   #201
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

FYI
This the email after I activated my M4. So now we have a list of roaming countries for Connected drive to work.

Your ConnectedDrive Electronic Subscriber Agreement (ESA) has been created. You will receive an email that requires you to accept the ConnectedDrive Terms and Conditions electronically. Once you accept, your vehicle will be successfully mapped to your ConnectedDrive Account and Services will be activated. You will receive a confirmation email for the contract acceptance. We highly recommend saving or printing this for your records. That email outlines the services that have been activated for your vehicle and provides you with a verification statement that Stolen Vehicle Recovery service is included. The email can therefore be used to provide to your insurance company if needed.

Please note: Other subscribers can only be mapped once you have accepted the ConnectedDrive Terms and Conditions electronically.

All Military vehicles when returning to the United of States, must go through a process called the Warranty Validation Process. For further information please email: Validations@bmwna.com.

Please note: If vehicle is an U.S Spec vehicle in another country, the ConnectedDrive services are delivered by a SIM Card embedded within the vehicle TCU that allows vehicle to connect with all ConnectedDrive services. This SIM Card is registered for the U.S market and can be roaming at this time if eligible at your location.

Please see list of eligible countries below:

Austria
Belgium
Canada
Croatia (Hrvatska)
Czech Republic
Denmark
France
Germany
Guam
Israel
Italy
Mozambique
Netherlands
Norway
Mexico
Poland
Portugal
Puerto Rico
Republic of Korea
Romania
Spain
Switzerland
United Kingdom

If vehicle is located in any of those countries listed above, you may use the ConnectedDrive services. Please ensure to have the U.S version of the App in order for remote services to be operational. Please keep in mind that technology may oscillate accordantly to connectivity availability in the area.

If you are having issues with the ConnectedDrive services, please see your local BMW Center for further assistance.

Sincerely,

BMW NA ConnectedDrive Services Customer Care
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2022, 10:02 AM   #202
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

If you need it connected drive activated
Please email
customercare@bmwassist.com

Tell them you want to add your vehicle. Have the Vin and your connected drive account and picture of Vehicle Certificate of Origin and picture of vehicle registration from the military.

Once you do all this they send on more email to accept the activation. Then you try and login to the vehicle with your connected drive account.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-01-2023, 02:28 PM   #203
cailas
Private First Class
Lithuania
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F90 2018

Can I do it with pre-owned F95 2022 us spec car in Europe(Lithuania)? Maybe there are somone from Lithuania, which already activated these functions?
      01-02-2023, 03:59 AM   #204
audrius483
Lithuania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cailas View Post
Can I do it with pre-owned F95 2022 us spec car in Europe(Lithuania)? Maybe there are somone from Lithuania, which already activated these functions?
U.S team activated CD and manually linked car to my account, they said it should work in european countries which are in roaming list, yet my vehicle is not getting mobile network connection, I used diagnostic tools to check sim card status and it says sim card is not unlocked and login rejected. Now Iam communicating with German CD support team, they trying to find solution, still no feedback from them. P.S Lithuania is not in roaming countries list, but Poland is, so Iam hoping when I cross Lithuanian-Polish border It will work. After CD activation from U.S team side I went to Poland but It didnt work, so German CD team now working on this issue. If you want I can help you with process. If your vehicle documents are in Lithuanian language you will need to get notarized translation to english language.
Appreciate 1
cailas31.00
      01-08-2023, 01:48 PM   #205
RuleNormaliai
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 G20 330E

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by audrius483 View Post
U.S team activated CD and manually linked car to my account, they said it should work in european countries which are in roaming list, yet my vehicle is not getting mobile network connection, I used diagnostic tools to check sim card status and it says sim card is not unlocked and login rejected. Now Iam communicating with German CD support team, they trying to find solution, still no feedback from them. P.S Lithuania is not in roaming countries list, but Poland is, so Iam hoping when I cross Lithuanian-Polish border It will work. After CD activation from U.S team side I went to Poland but It didnt work, so German CD team now working on this issue. If you want I can help you with process. If your vehicle documents are in Lithuanian language you will need to get notarized translation to english language.
For F series USA ATM will not work in any way, because there are differences in hardware US ATM uses 3G, EU ATM use LTE technologies, you will have to change the hardware itself, but you'll find problem to get EU ATM module for your US car in Europe, as if you will order new from dealer you will get the same US version, dealer will not offer you ECE version of ATM for your US car, also used EU ATM will not do the work.

Roaming is only working on ATM2 which is only supplied in G series cars with MGU multimedia system, but as Lithuania is not in Roaming countries list, it will still not work in here.

I have roaming activated in my G20 ATM2, so will try to drive to Poland to see if it will work there.
| MGU Patching/Virginizing | ConnectedDrive activation for US cars in EU (Only MGU/ATM2) | Feature Installer codes | Map Updates | CarPlay activations. | NBT EVO GPS Connector installs. | NBT EVO repairs | Remote BMW Coding |
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2023, 01:25 AM   #206
dynebolik
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long.sns View Post
Yes. I drove into France and it started working. I've heard others have done this via Belgium. I have no idea if driving to another country was the key to success or if it was a coincidence, but it did start working...along with Carplay and all the other apps. I also registered my vin for the my BMW apps shortly before everything began working.
So I was able to get BMW CD NA team to add my vehicle manually to my CD account. I did an app refresh (navigate to apps --> installed apps --> push option button and then select refresh/update). The only app to appear, in addition to BMW Assist, was Personal Assistant. None of the other BMW apps are there, included Drive Recorder, which I paid for.

Did driving to France kick all of these apps to your car or were they there and just not working? Or do they take a longer time to download? My car was just added less than 16 hours ago, but about two hours ago I did the app update and that's when Personal Assistant appeared. Prior to that, all I had was BMW Assist app.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2023, 12:51 AM   #207
audrius483
Lithuania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuleNormaliai View Post
For F series USA ATM will not work in any way, because there are differences in hardware US ATM uses 3G, EU ATM use LTE technologies, you will have to change the hardware itself, but you'll find problem to get EU ATM module for your US car in Europe, as if you will order new from dealer you will get the same US version, dealer will not offer you ECE version of ATM for your US car, also used EU ATM will not do the work.

Roaming is only working on ATM2 which is only supplied in G series cars with MGU multimedia system, but as Lithuania is not in Roaming countries list, it will still not work in here.

I have roaming activated in my G20 ATM2, so will try to drive to Poland to see if it will work there.
My F30(FL 2017) has 4G ATM , ConnectedDrive team said It should work in European countries which are in roaming list, now they are working on issues on their side. My ATM US version also uses LTE. Stop spreading misleading information. Multimedia system has not nothing to do with mobile network connectivity. Problem is that sim card is not unlocked.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2023, 03:36 AM   #208
RuleNormaliai
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
My F30(FL 2017) has 4G ATM , ConnectedDrive team said It should work in European countries which are in roaming list, now they are working on issues on their side. My ATM US version also uses LTE. Stop spreading misleading information. Multimedia system has not nothing to do with mobile network connectivity. Problem is that sim card is not unlocked.
let me know when you will activate it, i'll get you a bottle of scotch for sure.
| MGU Patching/Virginizing | ConnectedDrive activation for US cars in EU (Only MGU/ATM2) | Feature Installer codes | Map Updates | CarPlay activations. | NBT EVO GPS Connector installs. | NBT EVO repairs | Remote BMW Coding |
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2023, 09:29 AM   #209
Akh000
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 PHEV

Quote:
You are not right. MGU need changes to start working in EU. ATM2 - should stay default.
For ALL - US car in EU can be activated and working in EU without contacting BMW.
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2023, 04:18 PM   #210
RuleNormaliai
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akh000 View Post
You are not right. MGU need changes to start working in EU. ATM2 - should stay default.
For ALL - US car in EU can be activated and working in EU without contacting BMW.
but only in roaming countries? or in whole europe where CD is supported?
as in Lithuania we have Connected Drive, but it is not in roaming countries list.

As for audrius483 he is trying to do that for ATM, not ATM2.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2023, 11:58 PM   #211
Akh000
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
but only in roaming countries? or in whole europe where CD is supported?
as in Lithuania we have Connected Drive, but it is not in roaming countries list.

As for audrius483 he is trying to do that for ATM, not ATM2.
Will try be more correct.
1.If car with ATM2 in roaming country list - connected drive can and will work without contacting BMW support
2. Account of CD should be registered in US website.
3. ALL feature will work same like in US - no difference
4. APP bought in US will be active and will continue work
5. Settings of ATM2 should stay default like in US
6. MGU settings need to changed (coded) with ESYS
7. ISTA sometimes need to force online services to update
8. As for my understanding US car will always stay in US CD servers and will be not transferred to EU CD server ( US or EU BMW support not doing this). So if in some EU country exist EU CD service - this is don't mean that US CD will work in this country.
9. The KEY - is just roaming. IF ATM2 have roaming - it will connect to US servers and all will work. Sure coding needed. May be it can work without coding - i don't know. What i know - that with coding it will work. As it work in my car.
10. ATM2 - need to work. I think that ATM(1) will not work without support BMW or will not work at all.

Concerning you question about Lithuania - i can't comment - as don't know.
You should try activate and check. You can check ATM2 status with ISTA. Force it to update. See results.

Last edited by Akh000; 01-15-2023 at 12:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2023, 07:32 AM   #212
audrius483
Lithuania
Rep

Quote:
1.If car with ATM2 in roaming country list - connected drive can and will work without contacting BMW support
8. As for my understanding US car will always stay in US CD servers and will be not transferred to EU CD server ( US or EU BMW support not doing this). So if in some EU country exist EU CD service - this is don't mean that US CD will work in this country.
9. The KEY - is just roaming. IF ATM2 have roaming - it will connect to US servers and all will work. Sure coding needed. May be it can work without coding - i don't know. What i know - that with coding it will work. As it work in my car.
10. ATM2 - need to work. I think that ATM(1) will not work without support BMW or will not work at all.

You should try activate and check. You can check ATM2 status with ISTA. Force it to update. See results.

I'am currently waiting for solution(for my ATM1 SIM card) from German CD, they wrote this:

Thank you for your message.

We have contacted our colleagues in the department with your concern about the SIM Card and asked for a prioritized solution. You will receive feedback from us immediately as soon as we have the information you need is available.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2023, 07:37 PM   #213
RuleNormaliai
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

My current ATM2 status is "SOS calls only" or something like that, can't remember exactly, as mentioned before, i will try to travel to Poland and see if it changes, as it is closest country that supports roaming, do you know the coding which is needed to be done?
i think it is not coding, but provisioning data has to be edited.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2023, 03:55 AM   #214
Akh000
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
My current ATM2 status is "SOS calls only" or something like that, can't remember exactly, as mentioned before, i will try to travel to Poland and see if it changes, as it is closest country that supports roaming, do you know the coding which is needed to be done?
Quote:
SOS calls only
- same was for me

Quote:
do you know the coding which is needed to be done?
- yes. PM if you need

Quote:
- coding. after force online services update by ista if it not go automatic. don't need special step for provision.
Appreciate 1
      01-19-2023, 03:53 AM   #215
audrius483
Lithuania
Rep

Quote:
Yes, I am right, problem is with eSIM card in the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2023, 04:09 AM   #216
Akh000
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Yes, I am right, problem is with eSIM card in the car.
ok. did you solve this and did it work and connect to US CD ?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2023, 08:18 AM   #217
RuleNormaliai
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
So guys, yesterday i had a trip to Poland just to test if everything works, and woila, successfully connected to US Connected Drive servers, updated all apps and services, logged in my account in car, added car to MyBMW app, thanks Akh000 for support and some tips.

Unfortunately just after leaving Poland "Update apps and services" button got greyed out, so as mentioned in previous post, Lithuania is not in roaming country list and Connected Drive will not work here, but at least now i have my account signed in and all incar apps working.

Name:  Photo 2023-01-21 14 02 33.jpg
Views: 1859
Size:  363.0 KB
Name:  Photo 2023-01-21 13 52 08.jpg
Views: 1043
Size:  258.6 KB
Name:  Photo 2023-01-21 13 52 12.jpg
Views: 1055
Size:  238.8 KB
Name:  Photo 2023-01-21 13 52 19.jpg
Views: 1047
Size:  246.0 KB
Name:  Photo 2023-01-21 14 10 16.jpg
Views: 1044
Size:  262.5 KB
Name:  Photo 2023-01-21 16 33 05.jpg
Views: 1060
Size:  191.0 KB
Name:  Photo 2023-01-21 20 38 01.png
Views: 1045
Size:  53.8 KB
Appreciate 1
Akh00027.50
      01-22-2023, 02:00 PM   #218
Akh000
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
but at least now i have my account signed in and all incar apps working.

My be some-days we will find way how to CD make working all over the world..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2023, 05:15 PM   #219
RuleNormaliai
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

My be some-days we will find way how to CD make working all over the world..
i hope so, as it sucks to have a brand new car, but not be able to use all of its benefits.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 06:35 AM   #220
audrius483
Lithuania
Rep

Quote:
ok. did you solve this and did it work and connect to US CD ?

As I said before(If you didnt read short post till the end, I will repeat) German CD team is still working on issues on their side regarding SIM card connectivity.

Thank you for your message.

We have contacted our colleagues in the department with your concern about the SIM Card and asked for a prioritized solution. You will receive feedback from us immediately as soon as we have the information you need is available.
Appreciate 0