06-12-2021, 07:34 PM   #23
GREENPUS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Vanguard- View Post
crickets
Im interested too about the tune. Its supposed to add extra boost and the pops and burbles to the exhaust. Listening to snickryder's sound clips, he didnt get the tune.

Last edited by GREENPUS; 06-12-2021 at 08:24 PM..
Appreciate 1
      06-12-2021, 07:58 PM   #24
-Vanguard-
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 X6M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREENPUS View Post
Im interested too about the tune. Its supposed to and extra boost and the pops and burbles to the exhaust. Listening to snickryder's sound clips, he didnt get the tune.
My dealer basically insisted there is no tune available unless there is a code inside the box for the exhaust. He can open the box unless I buy it. So that sucks...Im not spending $3500 for just some sound.
Appreciate 1
GREENPUS137.50
      06-13-2021, 12:45 PM   #25
snickryder
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW currently...

Quote:
My dealer basically insisted there is no tune available unless there is a code inside the box for the exhaust. He can open the box unless I buy it. So that sucks...Im not spending $3500 for just some sound.
I didn't get anything besides the exhaust components in the box, not even instructions. That said, I did find this instruction document after some serious searching and asking around. Doesn't say anything about a tune and the parts list is exactly what I received. Hope that helps.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf G05 M Performance Exhaust System.pdf (87.4 KB, 295 views)
      07-09-2021, 11:10 AM   #26
Ashahin
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i

Garage List
Quote:
So my dealer has 1 exhaust with the part number OP posted but he doesn't see anything about a tune.

Ashahin do you know if the tune instructions were included in the box or something? Like where would my SA find details about the tune? He looked and isn't seeing anything about a tune.
I am sorry I have been recovering hip surgery.
But i'm back to answer the questions and give an update.
The dealer did not disclose that to me, i tried to squeeze some info out of the tech and was told that all it is is enabling an already included tune/function on the car??? And i put the question mark cause that answer didn't do it for me and I was sketched out.
I ended up finding the source manufacturer for a famous exhaust vendor that I will be getting their cat-back exhaust for much cheaper than the oem and available after market ones.
And then will put a JB4 as a friend of mine got great results with it on the 40i. I will post results, but if anyone is interested in getting their hands on an exhaust I might order a bunch as the manufacturer will give discount on bulk order.
21?C43 AMG
21? X5 (G05)
22? GLE 53 AMG Coupe (current)
22? M3C xDrive (Production)
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 11:13 AM   #27
Ashahin
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREENPUS View Post
Im interested too about the tune. Its supposed to and extra boost and the pops and burbles to the exhaust. Listening to snickryder's sound clips, he didnt get the tune.
Mine insisted there is one lol, but won't prove it until installed as well so I wasn't going to risk 3500 for just the sound as I can get that using a catback bolt on
21?C43 AMG
21? X5 (G05)
22? GLE 53 AMG Coupe (current)
22? M3C xDrive (Production)
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2021, 09:24 PM   #28
chujk1985
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 X Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashahin View Post
Quote:
So my dealer has 1 exhaust with the part number OP posted but he doesn't see anything about a tune.

Ashahin do you know if the tune instructions were included in the box or something? Like where would my SA find details about the tune? He looked and isn't seeing anything about a tune.
The dealer did not disclose that to me, i tried to squeeze some info out of the tech and was told that all it is is enabling an already included tune/function on the car??? And i put the question mark cause that answer didn't do it for me and I was sketched out.
I ended up finding the source manufacturer for a famous exhaust vendor that I will be getting their cat-back exhaust for much cheaper than the oem and available after market ones.
And then will put a JB4 as a friend of mine got great results with it on the 40i. I will post results, but if anyone is interested in getting their hands on an exhaust I might order a bunch as the manufacturer will give discount on bulk order.
Quote:
Quote:

Can you provide more details on the exhaust you ordered ?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2021, 03:18 PM   #29
redbullfan
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 TR X3MC

Garage List
2022 BMW X3MC  [0.00]
Quote:
So in other words we can enable this "Tune" by coding it ourselves?

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 05:06 PM   #30
-Vanguard-
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 X6M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbullfan View Post
So in other words we can enable this "Tune" by coding it ourselves?
There is no tune, OP's service advisor pretty much bullshitted him. BMW offers no tunes for the 40i in the G05. The sport exhaust is a catback system that requires no tune, just a bolt on.

Any tune BMW puts on a car comes with paperwork, ECU flagging and explanation of new warranty coverage.
Appreciate 1
O_que71.00
      05-01-2024, 09:30 AM   #31
hitter07
Rep
Drives: X5 s40i

Can you provide more details on the exhaust you ordered ?
Appreciate 0