BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-24-2020, 12:07 AM   #45
OzJedi
Private First Class
Australia
25
Rep
137
Posts

Drives: X5 2019 40i MSport Carb Black
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Since you can remove the anti dazzle decoding option in FA and then VO code, you do not need a launcher (neither Launcher Pro nor ESysX), just plain ESys. You Code those ECUs, not "Code NCD". Latest version of psdzdata is always best, Lite is all that is needed. Is that enough to get you going?
Apologies if that's a dumb question, where can I get latest psdzdata files from and are they country specific?

I have installed esys but not sure about psdzdata thingy.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 12:20 AM   #46
LexxM3
Major
LexxM3's Avatar
Canada
860
Rep
1,468
Posts

Drives: E46M3, G05X5
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Waterloo, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJedi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Since you can remove the anti dazzle decoding option in FA and then VO code, you do not need a launcher (neither Launcher Pro nor ESysX), just plain ESys. You Code those ECUs, not "Code NCD". Latest version of psdzdata is always best, Lite is all that is needed. Is that enough to get you going?
Apologies if that's a dumb question, where can I get latest psdzdata files from and are they country specific?

I have installed esys but not sure about psdzdata thingy.
Have a look here: https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=983244

There is a link to "latest" psdzdata lite in that first post. It is not actually quite latest, but it's usually pretty recent and should be good enough. These are not country-specific.
__________________
G05 X5 x40i (04/2019 mfg, Canada) on S18A-19-11-540
Appreciate 1
OzJedi25.00

      01-24-2020, 12:22 AM   #47
OzJedi
Private First Class
Australia
25
Rep
137
Posts

Drives: X5 2019 40i MSport Carb Black
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Have a look here: https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=983244

There is a link to "latest" psdzdata lite in that first post. It is not actually quite latest, but it's usually pretty recent and should be good enough. These are not country-specific.
Thanks very much for prompt response!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 05:49 PM   #48
samvora
The Dark Knight
samvora's Avatar
United_States
138
Rep
845
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW 328i Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San jose, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandomedic122 View Post
I have esys up and running and have coded some stuff in my X5 G05, can you send me the ECU and coding to remove the 5AP, or do you just remove it from the VO
Here are the basics:
  • read FA, edit FA
  • remove option 5AP, save FA
  • read SVT
  • code BDC_BODY3, HU_MGU, FLM2 [43], FLM2 [44], KAFAS4
A couple of notes:
  • above procedure will return the ECUs above to their stock (as shipped) state; so if you have FDL coded anything, in those specific ECUs, that will be reset back to stock
  • 'code' above is right click the ECU and select Code; this is not, in this case, 'code NCD'
  • to activate, make sure you're in auto lighting mode and High Beam Assistant mode (lower button on the lighting stalk)
  • REMINDER: don't forget to be in Diagnostic Mode in the car when coding
How easy is it to work with Esys? I have no clue what it is or how it works so do you think it is worth the time and effort for coding just the 5AP option? Not like I live in the woods or the country side where there are pitch dark roads. I live in proper urban areas so honestly want to do this just for freeway driving or occasional night driving through a mountain that I have to cross to get to my sister in laws house.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 06:16 PM   #49
LexxM3
Major
LexxM3's Avatar
Canada
860
Rep
1,468
Posts

Drives: E46M3, G05X5
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Waterloo, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by samvora View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandomedic122 View Post
I have esys up and running and have coded some stuff in my X5 G05, can you send me the ECU and coding to remove the 5AP, or do you just remove it from the VO
Here are the basics:
  • read FA, edit FA
  • remove option 5AP, save FA
  • read SVT
  • code BDC_BODY3, HU_MGU, FLM2 [43], FLM2 [44], KAFAS4
A couple of notes:
  • above procedure will return the ECUs above to their stock (as shipped) state; so if you have FDL coded anything, in those specific ECUs, that will be reset back to stock
  • 'code' above is right click the ECU and select Code; this is not, in this case, 'code NCD'
  • to activate, make sure you're in auto lighting mode and High Beam Assistant mode (lower button on the lighting stalk)
  • REMINDER: don't forget to be in Diagnostic Mode in the car when coding
How easy is it to work with Esys? I have no clue what it is or how it works so do you think it is worth the time and effort for coding just the 5AP option? Not like I live in the woods or the country side where there are pitch dark roads. I live in proper urban areas so honestly want to do this just for freeway driving or occasional night driving through a mountain that I have to cross to get to my sister in laws house.
Anti-dazzle is great, but what is very clear from the discussions on the forum is that we are all definitely individuals and priorities vary all the way across the board. E-Sys is not difficult in the end, particularly if only VO coding is done (which this 5AP option removal is), but it is also not a system designed for untrained consumers and requires reasoning and attention. If you don't feel comfortable with tech, there are coders that will do this and other coding (both VO and the potentially more involved FDL coding) for you including remotely for, I think, a reasonable rate, including our very own r33_RGSport.
__________________
G05 X5 x40i (04/2019 mfg, Canada) on S18A-19-11-540
Appreciate 2
ifr140.00

      02-17-2020, 06:56 PM   #50
Nigel1500
Enlisted Member
Australia
6
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 (G05) 30d M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Hello,

I have high beam assist ... but it doesn't seem to do anything. Last weekend I did 250km of night driving in the countryside (outback Australia). Nearly blinded 2 or 3 oncoming drivers waiting for high beam assist to do something. I had to manually dip the lights after that. Is there an option I need to set in i-drive?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 07:00 PM   #51
nvsocr7
Private
29
Rep
74
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Midwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel1500 View Post
Hello,

I have high beam assist ... but it doesn't seem to do anything. Last weekend I did 250km of night driving in the countryside (outback Australia). Nearly blinded 2 or 3 oncoming drivers waiting for high beam assist to do something. I had to manually dip the lights after that. Is there an option I need to set in i-drive?
left turn signal stalk- two buttons- one toggles the view on the display- the other toggles a 3rd light on the left display- should look like a high beam. If that is turned on, the high beams should turn on automatically. it could be an Australian regulation?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 07:09 PM   #52
Pictor
First Lieutenant
United_States
126
Rep
313
Posts

Drives: 2018 M550i & 2020 X5 40i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW X5 40i  [0.00]
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel1500 View Post
Hello,

I have high beam assist ... but it doesn't seem to do anything. Last weekend I did 250km of night driving in the countryside (outback Australia). Nearly blinded 2 or 3 oncoming drivers waiting for high beam assist to do something. I had to manually dip the lights after that. Is there an option I need to set in i-drive?
Are you saying that HBA doesn't work on your car or that they're too slow to react and need to be fine-tuned?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 07:13 PM   #53
TurtleBoy
Colonel
TurtleBoy's Avatar
1027
Rep
2,510
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5 40i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pictor View Post
Are you saying that HBA doesn't work on your car or that they're too slow to react and need to be fine-tuned?
It sounds like he may not have them turned on. We have had a few other members in the past who didn't realize the option had to be activated separately from the auto headlights.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 01:12 AM   #54
Nigel1500
Enlisted Member
Australia
6
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 (G05) 30d M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvsocr7 View Post
left turn signal stalk- two buttons- one toggles the view on the display- the other toggles a 3rd light on the left display- should look like a high beam. If that is turned on, the high beams should turn on automatically. it could be an Australian regulation?
Ah ... mumble mumble mumble = it wasn't turned on.

Thanks!

I'll try it again this weekend and report back.
Appreciate 1
nvsocr728.50

      02-25-2020, 11:30 PM   #55
Nigel1500
Enlisted Member
Australia
6
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 (G05) 30d M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

So, big drive last weekend (wish BMW gave out frequent fliers for all the miles I'm doing in this car) and tested the High Beam Assist. Here are my thoughts:
  1. Works very well in rural areas where there isn't much oncoming traffic or leading cars;
  2. As above, but also works well in the rain;
  3. Not so good once oncoming traffic builds up;
  4. Sometimes difficult to confirm the high beam dipped for oncoming traffic because the blue high beam light remains on, even when the lights dip.

Definitely a feature I'll use in remote and rural areas, but would be happier if there was a visual cue on the instrument cluster or HUD indicating the lights had dipped for oncoming traffic.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 11:41 PM   #56
X5 45e
Lieutenant
238
Rep
483
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 45e
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW X5 45e  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel1500 View Post
So, big drive last weekend (wish BMW gave out frequent fliers for all the miles I'm doing in this car) and tested the High Beam Assist. Here are my thoughts:
  1. Works very well in rural areas where there isn't much oncoming traffic or leading cars;
  2. As above, but also works well in the rain;
  3. Not so good once oncoming traffic builds up;
  4. Sometimes difficult to confirm the high beam dipped for oncoming traffic because the blue high beam light remains on, even when the lights dip.

Definitely a feature I'll use in remote and rural areas, but would be happier if there was a visual cue on the instrument cluster or HUD indicating the lights had dipped for oncoming traffic.
It works really well. You need to get used to it driving behind / approaching somebody with the blue light on. You can see it working by the darker region in the high beam surrounding the car in front of you or suppressing the beam aiming at oncoming traffic. Oncoming cars will let you know if the system doesn't work 🤔. But that is not what you are looking for.

With heavier traffic indeed there is too much going on with the beams adjusting. But then it turns off.

I have done some driving on dark mountain roads this week and it works really well. Really happy with the laser lights in these conditions.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 12:01 AM   #57
Nigel1500
Enlisted Member
Australia
6
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 (G05) 30d M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Yeah ... I didn't get the laser lights, but I'm REALLY happy with the adaptive LED headlights. Even the low beam has great depth. The adaptive headlights work very well on country roads. They seem to predict sweeping bends and cornering ... perhaps they're linked to navigation or something.

I drove through some moderate fog. The fog lights in the G05 aren't anywhere near as good as the old 530D M-Sport (E60).
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST