BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-22-2020, 12:52 AM   #1
AshD
Private First Class
AshD's Avatar
21
Rep
124
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 Msport (G05)
Join Date: May 2019
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Car went in for Oil service yesterday and at the same time got updated to 11/2019.55. Overall seems more stable, UI is slightly more sharper and the transitions between options more smoother.

Can't see anything new as yet BUT have an issue whereby the curb mirror drop doesn't work! Switch selection is in the right position! This is going to be annoying!

Was also hoping to get car recorder enabled but nothing in store or installed apps

London, UK

Update: drop curb mirror is now working.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 04:03 PM   #2
coco135
New Member
2
Rep
17
Posts

Drives: 2009 7
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SFV Los angeles

iTrader: (0)

Mine was in service yesterday as well, came back with 112019.40
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 11:11 PM   #3
thereef510
Lieutenant
United_States
127
Rep
421
Posts

Drives: '16 F15; '20 G05
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Tennessee

iTrader: (0)

can you bring your car to the dealership just for the software update or can it only be during maintenance times?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 12:28 AM   #4
coco135
New Member
2
Rep
17
Posts

Drives: 2009 7
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SFV Los angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
can you bring your car to the dealership just for the software update or can it only be during maintenance times?
Idk...I took it in because I had a recall for software update
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 02:39 AM   #5
ifr
Second Lieutenant
140
Rep
280
Posts

Drives: BMW X5
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Euro

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
can you bring your car to the dealership just for the software update or can it only be during maintenance times?
You can ask for a software update to address specific issues, but they are not obliged to perform a software upgrade routinely.

You could say you are experiencing carplay issues, want to use Spotify natively, or any number of issues reported on here that are software related and 'intermittent'. They should then do the upgrade.

What version are you on and hoping to move to?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 03:35 PM   #6
FreddyBMW
First Lieutenant
57
Rep
355
Posts

Drives: X7 40i
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Mine got updated to 11/2019.55 today.

Hey "ifr", do you have 2019 X5? Does it have Active PDC with Braking? If not were you able to get it done through BimmerCode or eSys? Please advise. I need to know if its code-able item. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 04:37 PM   #7
ifr
Second Lieutenant
140
Rep
280
Posts

Drives: BMW X5
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Euro

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyBMW View Post
Mine got updated to 11/2019.55 today.

Hey "ifr", do you have 2019 X5? Does it have Active PDC with Braking? If not were you able to get it done through BimmerCode or eSys? Please advise. I need to know if its code-able item. Thanks.
I do have a 2019 MY G05 and have rear aPDC with braking enabled by default in the UK. Must be a region thing.

It can almost certainly be coded.

A stab in the dark....

ACSM_5[1B2D]\a_pdc_fp aktiv

code suggests this is not enabled for US type cars UNLESS they have a build version (not i-step) of >= 1907

Last edited by ifr; 02-26-2020 at 05:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 04:57 PM   #8
LexxM3
Major
LexxM3's Avatar
Canada
848
Rep
1,462
Posts

Drives: E46M3, G05X5
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Waterloo, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyBMW View Post
Mine got updated to 11/2019.55 today.

Hey "ifr", do you have 2019 X5? Does it have Active PDC with Braking? If not were you able to get it done through BimmerCode or eSys? Please advise. I need to know if its code-able item. Thanks.
I do have a 2019 MY G05 and have rear aPDC on by default in the UK. Must be a region thing.

It can almost certainly be coded.
I've seen the FDL parameters for it, but decided not to do it as the false tight garage (my own and urban underground) triggers would likely be somewhere between dangerous and infuriating, so abandoned the research and never tried. So yes, almost certainly code-able. It's not just regional, it is also like ADV — for some stupid reason MY2019 don't have it coded on with same hardware options as the equivalent MY2020.
__________________
G05 X5 x40i (04/2019 mfg, Canada) on S18A-19-11-540
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 05:25 PM   #9
ifr
Second Lieutenant
140
Rep
280
Posts

Drives: BMW X5
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Euro

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
I've seen the FDL parameters for it, but decided not to do it as the false tight garage (my own and urban underground) triggers would likely be somewhere between dangerous and infuriating, so abandoned the research and never tried. So yes, almost certainly code-able. It's not just regional, it is also like ADV — for some stupid reason MY2019 don't have it coded on with same hardware options as the equivalent MY2020.
Yep its almost certainly this code, and the reasons are in the boolean

"ACSM_5[1B2D]\a_pdc_fp aktiv

code suggests this is not enabled for US type cars UNLESS they have a build version (not i-step) of >= 1907"

in my opinion it is absolutely critical to enable it. The thought of reversing into something or someone when it could have been avoided weighs on me.

Totally agree about the garage - it's a PITA, but a workaround is to simply enable the reverse assistant and let it reverse out then take over when you need to. Works well
Appreciate 1
      02-26-2020, 05:31 PM   #10
LexxM3
Major
LexxM3's Avatar
Canada
848
Rep
1,462
Posts

Drives: E46M3, G05X5
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Waterloo, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
I've seen the FDL parameters for it, but decided not to do it as the false tight garage (my own and urban underground) triggers would likely be somewhere between dangerous and infuriating, so abandoned the research and never tried. So yes, almost certainly code-able. It's not just regional, it is also like ADV — for some stupid reason MY2019 don't have it coded on with same hardware options as the equivalent MY2020.
Yep its almost certainly this code, and the reasons are in the boolean

"ACSM_5[1B2D]\a_pdc_fp aktiv

code suggests this is not enabled for US type cars UNLESS they have a build version (not i-step) of >= 1907"

in my opinion it is absolutely critical to enable it. The though of reversing into something or someone when it could have been avoided weighs on me.

Totally agree about the garage - it's a PITA, but a workaround is to simply enable the reverse assistant and let it reverse out then take over when you need to. Works well
Ok, ok, I'll take a look, stop twisting already :-).

But the urban garage problem is different. In a tight space, you need to get pretty close to the poles and walls, and I fear the auto-brake would make that already nerve-wracking activity with the sensors and cameras steady blaring even more difficult. Does the membership with this enabled not find that to be the case?
__________________
G05 X5 x40i (04/2019 mfg, Canada) on S18A-19-11-540
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 05:37 PM   #11
ifr
Second Lieutenant
140
Rep
280
Posts

Drives: BMW X5
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Euro

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Ok, ok, I'll take a look, stop twisting already :-).

But the urban garage problem is different. In a tight space, you need to get pretty close to the poles and walls, and I fear the auto-brake would make that already nerve-wracking activity with the sensors and cameras steady blaring even more difficult. Does the membership with this enabled not find that to be the case?
If you have aPDC with braking enabled and reverse out of a garage with a small opening it will brake, and that is not a workable situation. It's a pain. Stop start, stop start until you turn the damn thing off.

Use reversing assistant instead and its a breeze, once you get used to the fact it doesnt hit the walls and trust it to let it steer you out.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 05:38 PM   #12
FreddyBMW
First Lieutenant
57
Rep
355
Posts

Drives: X7 40i
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Yep its almost certainly this code, and the reasons are in the boolean

"ACSM_5[1B2D]\a_pdc_fp aktiv

code suggests this is not enabled for US type cars UNLESS they have a build version (not i-step) of >= 1907"

in my opinion it is absolutely critical to enable it. The thought of reversing into something or someone when it could have been avoided weighs on me.

Totally agree about the garage - it's a PITA, but a workaround is to simply enable the reverse assistant and let it reverse out then take over when you need to. Works well
Thanks for the code direction. And I think as LexxM3 suggested it is just a MY2019 and MY2020 thing. In the US, MY2020s are getting it on now.

By the way, if I try "ACSM_5[1B2D]\a_pdc_fp aktiv using BimmerCode in Expert Mode, which Module should I look for? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 05:44 PM   #13
ifr
Second Lieutenant
140
Rep
280
Posts

Drives: BMW X5
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Euro

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyBMW View Post
Thanks for the code direction. And I think as LexxM3 suggested it is just a MY2019 and MY2020 thing. In the US, MY2020s are getting it on now.

By the way, if I try "ACSM_5[1B2D]\a_pdc_fp aktiv using BimmerCode in Expert Mode, which Module should I look for? Thanks.
It's not just a MY thing. It's a US region AND Model year thing.

UK/non-US cars have had this feature since the G05 was released. I'm guessing there must have been some regulatory change between 03/19 and 07/19 builds, although why BMW didn't retrofit on i-step update for US cars I don't know.

Maybe the same reason they didn't retrofit ADV for any earlier MY globally - they couldn't be bothered regression testing earlier models.

Some of these newer MY features are hardware dependant, like the aPDC with braking on flank - that refuses to work on my 03/19 car despite my enabling it in coding. Suspect there needs to be additional sensors on each flank/side of the car that are missing from earlier models.

I don't use bimmercode, but I'd wager you wont be able to code it without esysx
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 05:52 PM   #14
LexxM3
Major
LexxM3's Avatar
Canada
848
Rep
1,462
Posts

Drives: E46M3, G05X5
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Waterloo, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyBMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Yep its almost certainly this code, and the reasons are in the boolean

"ACSM_5[1B2D]\a_pdc_fp aktiv

code suggests this is not enabled for US type cars UNLESS they have a build version (not i-step) of >= 1907"

in my opinion it is absolutely critical to enable it. The thought of reversing into something or someone when it could have been avoided weighs on me.

Totally agree about the garage - it's a PITA, but a workaround is to simply enable the reverse assistant and let it reverse out then take over when you need to. Works well
Thanks for the code direction. And I think as LexxM3 suggested it is just a MY2019 and MY2020 thing. In the US, MY2020s are getting it on now.

By the way, if I try "ACSM_5[1B2D]\a_pdc_fp aktiv using BimmerCode in Expert Mode, which Module should I look for? Thanks.
As often is the case, @ifr is correct that you can't use BimmerCode for this. While BimmerCode has supported ACSM_5 ECU for a long time (to allow control over camera views off speeds and distances), it has not and still does not support Expert Mode for that ECU, so can't do this FDL parameter in BimmerCode right now and likely never as it is a real safety-related parameter.
__________________
G05 X5 x40i (04/2019 mfg, Canada) on S18A-19-11-540
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 05:56 PM   #15
FreddyBMW
First Lieutenant
57
Rep
355
Posts

Drives: X7 40i
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
As often is the case, @ifr is correct that you can't use BimmerCode for this. While BimmerCode has supported ACSM_5 ECU for a long time (to allow control over camera views off speeds and distances), it has not and still does not support Expert Mode for that ECU, so can't do this FDL parameter in BimmerCode right now and likely never as it is a real safety-related parameter.
Ah IC. Guess got wait and see. I like the idea of Reversing Assistance and use it instead till then.

Does reversing assistant STOP automatically when it finds an object on the backing way?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 06:03 PM   #16
FreddyBMW
First Lieutenant
57
Rep
355
Posts

Drives: X7 40i
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshD View Post
Car went in for Oil service yesterday and at the same time got updated to 11/2019.55. Overall seems more stable, UI is slightly more sharper and the transitions between options more smoother.

Can't see anything new as yet BUT have an issue whereby the curb mirror drop doesn't work! Switch selection is in the right position! This is going to be annoying!

Was also hoping to get car recorder enabled but nothing in store or installed apps

London, UK

Update: drop curb mirror is now working.
Don't know if its just me, I have noticed that 11/2019.55 is more intelligent in Driving Assistance (auto cruise). The car drives pretty straight and those steering wiggles are pretty low now.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 06:14 PM   #17
ifr
Second Lieutenant
140
Rep
280
Posts

Drives: BMW X5
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Euro

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyBMW View Post
Don't know if its just me, I have noticed that 11/2019.55 is more intelligent in Driving Assistance (auto cruise). The car drives pretty straight and those steering wiggles are pretty low now.
I have noticed that with 11/2019 too. I've tweaked a few things but mine is almost nailed on for self driving in most regular scenarios now.

Reversing assistant will brake but I have aPDC with braking enabled so not sure if that's the reason. I've used it on country lanes a couple of times but never had cause for it to auto brake other than reversing out of the garage when the postman's passing
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 06:18 PM   #18
FreddyBMW
First Lieutenant
57
Rep
355
Posts

Drives: X7 40i
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
I have noticed that with 11/2019 too. I've tweaked a few things but mine is almost nailed on for self driving in most regular scenarios now.

Reversing assistant will brake but I have aPDC with braking enabled so not sure if that's the reason. I've used it on country lanes a couple of times but never had cause for it to auto brake other than reversing out of the garage when the postman's passing


So what are other changes made by 11/2019.55? I see that Spotify is added to the Media List.....anything else anyone noticed?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 06:20 PM   #19
FreddyBMW
First Lieutenant
57
Rep
355
Posts

Drives: X7 40i
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyBMW View Post
Ah IC. Guess got wait and see. I like the idea of Reversing Assistance and use it instead till then.

Does reversing assistant STOP automatically when it finds an object on the backing way?
The BimmerCode TestFlight (betas) are getting in very frequently now. I hope they are listening and giving access to those ECUs now.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 10:38 PM   #20
PhilH930
Private
27
Rep
59
Posts

Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Can anyone confirm if 2020 build dates are delivered with the latest version. My car was finished about a week ago and not yet delivered, but hopeful the factory has taken care of this.
__________________
Current: 2020 X5 M50i / AG / Full Black Merino / 742M / Exec / DHP / Driver Assist. Pro / Lux Seat / Acoustic / Shadowline / Heated all / Luggage
Returned: 2017 F80 ZCP / Min Grey / Exec / Full Merino / LED
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 10:47 PM   #21
LexxM3
Major
LexxM3's Avatar
Canada
848
Rep
1,462
Posts

Drives: E46M3, G05X5
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Waterloo, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilH930 View Post
Can anyone confirm if 2020 build dates are delivered with the latest version. My car was finished about a week ago and not yet delivered, but hopeful the factory has taken care of this.
Take a look at this discussion: https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1683715 — it won't make anything clearer, but at least we wouldn't have to go through that again.
__________________
G05 X5 x40i (04/2019 mfg, Canada) on S18A-19-11-540
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 10:19 AM   #22
PhilH930
Private
27
Rep
59
Posts

Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Take a look at this discussion: https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1683715 it won't make anything clearer, but at least we wouldn't have to go through that again.
Thanks, that was helpful. Similar to others in that thread, I plan on verifying at PCD and noting to my dealer tomorrow when I sign the paperwork that I would like it updated if not current.
__________________
Current: 2020 X5 M50i / AG / Full Black Merino / 742M / Exec / DHP / Driver Assist. Pro / Lux Seat / Acoustic / Shadowline / Heated all / Luggage
Returned: 2017 F80 ZCP / Min Grey / Exec / Full Merino / LED
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST