BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Xbox One or PS4?
Xbox One 40 36.70%
PS4 56 51.38%
Save Money For Mods 13 11.93%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-05-2015, 11:54 PM   #23
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
5488
Rep
2,797
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

This question is sooooo ooooooooo Subjective!

One owned a XBOX 360 for years. It's still pretty awesome! I passed this question to multiple workers and managers of various GameStops and even customers. I've also read countless reviews on both from "Gamer websites". The general consensus is this:

If you plan to do much online gaming with others locally or around the globe, XBOX is the way to go. If not, PS4 is considered to have better graphics and speed do to its architecture.
They both have some epic exclusive titles.

Since my oldest is turning 10 right after Christmas an his little brother will soon be 8 and they both love to game, and I actually want to play/own some of these amazing recent titles: GTA5, Mortal Kombat X, Fallout 4, Star Wars Battlefront, I broke down and grabbed both. Waiting until Christmas to install them both and play on this 80in beast!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2015, 06:14 PM   #24
DSB335d
Captain
1271
Rep
700
Posts

Drives: '11 335d DSB/oyster&black/navi
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: West palm beach

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE
This question is sooooo ooooooooo Subjective!

One owned a XBOX 360 for years. It's still pretty awesome! I passed this question to multiple workers and managers of various GameStops and even customers. I've also read countless reviews on both from "Gamer websites". The general consensus is this:

If you plan to do much online gaming with others locally or around the globe, XBOX is the way to go. If not, PS4 is considered to have better graphics and speed do to its architecture.
They both have some epic exclusive titles.

Since my oldest is turning 10 right after Christmas an his little brother will soon be 8 and they both love to game, and I actually want to play/own some of these amazing recent titles: GTA5, Mortal Kombat X, Fallout 4, Star Wars Battlefront, I broke down and grabbed both. Waiting until Christmas to install them both and play on this 80in beast!!!
I wouldn't wait till Christmas to set them up. You'll waste a bunch of time updating them. Do it ahead of time and box them back up for the kids to open.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2015, 08:46 PM   #25
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
5488
Rep
2,797
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSB335d View Post
I wouldn't wait till Christmas to set them up. You'll waste a bunch of time updating them. Do it ahead of time and box them back up for the kids to open.
Actually... Today I decided to remove the 500gb drive in My PS4 and install a 2 TB Seagate drive. Yeah I kinda figured I'd go ahead and set them up and get the plethora of updates going that will no doubt bog their servers down @ Christmas.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 12:02 AM   #26
ashtaron14
Captain
ashtaron14's Avatar
Hong Kong
387
Rep
878
Posts

Drives: M2C 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: HK

iTrader: (0)

I have both systems. The thing is that Hong Kong was not on the initial release area, so we got the Xbox One released around a year after PS4 was released.

I had preordered the PS4 when it was announced, and then on the day I picked it up I put a Samsung 840EVO 500GB SSD in it. It's buttery smooth and loads much faster than the XBox One. I prefer the feel and the battery life of the Xbox One controller compared to the PS4 controller. The PS Gold Headset is much better than the Xbox One Stereo Headset, it's so comfortable I use it to watch YouTube and TV Shows on my MS Surface Pro 3. I find having to wear a wired headset connected to the Xbox One controller in 2014/2015 a bit strange.

Games wise, The Witcher 3 on either system is fine by me! GO PLAY IT IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 01:10 AM   #27
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
2325
Rep
9,157
Posts

Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (6)

PS4 is going to be THE multiplayer console, it's outselling the Xbox 3 to 1 and has more than 130 million units worldwide.
Appreciate 1
      12-07-2015, 01:14 AM   #28
dj_dub
NoFüknJoke
dj_dub's Avatar
Philippines
1287
Rep
1,413
Posts

Drives: 2010 BMW E90 M3 - SG/FR 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
I chose the Xbox One because I prefer the multiplayer gameplay on their Live network.
__________________
Harrop TVS1740 Supercharger | RK-Tunes SC Tune | BMC Filter | RPi X-Pipe | Akra w/CF Tips | MFactory CF DS | Ohlins R&T | Vorshlag Plates | Hotchkis F/R Sways | MS Solid Subframe Bushings | DEFIV Diff Brace | StudioRSR Rollcage | 3-piece BBS RS744/745 | Brembos F/R | Recaro Profi SPG XL | CAE Ultra Shifter | Perf Elec Wheel V2 | Awron Gauge | BAVSOUND | GT4 CF Front Lip/Canards/Rear Wing | Arkym CF Rear Diffuser | Forcewerkz CF SS | Varis CF Lower Tray | Turner Skidplate | BayOptiks Headlights
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 01:41 AM   #29
TheVazha
Captain
370
Rep
786
Posts

Drives: X5Mmmkay.
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 08:53 AM   #30
Sidewinderpb
Chef don't judge
319
Rep
1,704
Posts

Drives: F30 328i xDrive
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Norwalk, CT

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Actually... Today I decided to remove the 500gb drive in My PS4 and install a 2 TB Seagate drive. Yeah I kinda figured I'd go ahead and set them up and get the plethora of updates going that will no doubt bog their servers down @ Christmas.
Don't forget that Xbox games have to be installed on the console itself before playing. Totally killed my instant gratification last Christmas.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 10:12 AM   #31
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
nyalpine90's Avatar
United_States
6036
Rep
11,211
Posts

Drives: G01 Msport
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: N.Y.

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [5.00]
i started out with playstation when need for speed first came out...
when xbox came out with COD I switch over to xbox and never looked back

i dont get why you have to download game and still need game in console to play.

you cant play old xbox 360 on new console smh
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 10:53 AM   #32
Whostheboss
Captain
Whostheboss's Avatar
363
Rep
843
Posts

Drives: a 9incher
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: No. Virginia U.S.A.

iTrader: (0)

I'm also thinking of getting PS4
__________________
WHO'S THE BOSS
Appreciate 1
      12-07-2015, 05:11 PM   #33
MrPrena
Captain
MrPrena's Avatar
United_States
1518
Rep
799
Posts

Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: TB

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
I'm also thinking of getting PS4
It has been best present my kid received from grandparents.
We play a little as well.
Appreciate 1
      12-07-2015, 06:22 PM   #34
M3ryder55
Major
160
Rep
1,349
Posts

Drives: 15' MW/SO
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chatsworth, CA

iTrader: (3)

Here is the better question... FORZA 6 OR ANY FORZA VERSUS GRAN TURISMO??

THAT'S THE DEAL BREAKER
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 09:04 PM   #35
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
5488
Rep
2,797
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
i started out with playstation when need for speed first came out...
when xbox came out with COD I switch over to xbox and never looked back

i dont get why you have to download game and still need game in console to play.

you cant play old xbox 360 on new console smh
You haven't heard??? That has changed my friend! Some titles are already able to crossover and more coming monthly!

Also... FYI... The newer ps4 models have an update that makes the unit run quieter and supposedly faster.

I got such a bananas deal on Xbox One that I have to keep it: Target Pre Black Friday Holiday Bundle deal that included:
1 TB unit + 3 games
And then 2 additional games I chose: Star Wars Battlefront and Mortal Kom Kombat X
all for $354!!!!

Now compared to the PS4 deal: Nathan Drake Bundle 500gb for $300
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 09:47 PM   #36
MrPrena
Captain
MrPrena's Avatar
United_States
1518
Rep
799
Posts

Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: TB

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
You haven't heard??? That has changed my friend! Some titles are already able to crossover and more coming monthly!

Also... FYI... The newer ps4 models have an update that makes the unit run quieter and supposedly faster.

I got such a bananas deal on Xbox One that I have to keep it: Target Pre Black Friday Holiday Bundle deal that included:
1 TB unit + 3 games
And then 2 additional games I chose: Star Wars Battlefront and Mortal Kom Kombat X
all for $354!!!!

Now compared to the PS4 deal: Nathan Drake Bundle 500gb for $300
We should have waited 1 more month. Ps4 and Xbox 1 got so cheap now.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 01:17 PM   #37
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
5488
Rep
2,797
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
We should have waited 1 more month. Ps4 and Xbox 1 got so cheap now.
I can't see them dropping more than where they are now. And especially on the Black Friday deals I got!

XBOX One 1TB and 5 Games for @ $350 is pretty EPIC!
__________________
https://i.imgur.com/QAMZNzQ.jpg
Appreciate 1
      12-08-2015, 01:33 PM   #38
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
nyalpine90's Avatar
United_States
6036
Rep
11,211
Posts

Drives: G01 Msport
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: N.Y.

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [5.00]
i do like mortal kombat X, graphics are insane and new additional characters..

i was looking on youtube Rainbox Six Siege hostage mode is crazy
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 02:06 PM   #39
z335is
First Lieutenant
159
Rep
386
Posts

Drives: 2016 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Newark

iTrader: (0)

You can't go wrong either way, but personally I prefer PS4.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 02:07 PM   #40
blinkme323
Lieutenant
197
Rep
575
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 CS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Philly

iTrader: (1)

PS4 for me. I just think it is a better overall package.
__________________
2018 SMB M3 CS
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 05:55 PM   #41
MrPrena
Captain
MrPrena's Avatar
United_States
1518
Rep
799
Posts

Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: TB

iTrader: (0)

What do you guys think of the new Rainbow 6 game?
I saw the single player gamplay on YouTube, and it kinda reminds me of counter strike.
Any feedback would be great. thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 05:59 PM   #42
dreamingat30fps
Major
United_States
858
Rep
1,210
Posts

Drives: 2014 C7, 2017 F350
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (1)

I have an Xbox one but after that I decided to build a gaming PC. I pretty much never use the Xbox now. I'm too old for them fancy joysticks, I need a mouse and keyboard.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 06:22 PM   #43
EALm4
Colonel
EALm4's Avatar
United_States
3291
Rep
2,014
Posts

Drives: SO 16' M4
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Baltimore

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
What do you guys think of the new Rainbow 6 game?
I saw the single player gamplay on YouTube, and it kinda reminds me of counter strike.
Any feedback would be great. thanks.
What kind of FPS player are you? Do you have a squad of guys to play with consistently if you want to play p v p?

R6 is absolutely unforgiving if you're an aggressive run and gun type player. You'll almost certainly die every time. The game is more tailored to a slower pace and strategy rather than something faster like, Halo, Destiny, TitanFall.

Also, playing p v p with randos can be frustrating unless you party up and can all communicate. Otherwise you'll be going in blindly which defeats the purpose of the game.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 02:11 AM   #44
MrPrena
Captain
MrPrena's Avatar
United_States
1518
Rep
799
Posts

Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: TB

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EALm4 View Post
What kind of FPS player are you? Do you have a squad of guys to play with consistently if you want to play p v p?

R6 is absolutely unforgiving if you're an aggressive run and gun type player. You'll almost certainly die every time. The game is more tailored to a slower pace and strategy rather than something faster like, Halo, Destiny, TitanFall.

Also, playing p v p with randos can be frustrating unless you party up and can all communicate. Otherwise you'll be going in blindly which defeats the purpose of the game.
Thanks. I might get it when the price goes down later.
Enjoying playing PS4 for past 2mo.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST