BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-16-2018, 01:27 PM   #89
kent11202
Captain
United_States
510
Rep
876
Posts

Drives: 2013 328i
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

From:

http://http://www.msn.com/en-us/news...npN?li=BBnb7Kz


1/1024 = 0.000977 which, of course, is just under 0.1 percent.

From what I heard on the radio this morning, the average European-American is TWICE that amount. I have to agree with CNN that she has likely REALLY stepped in it
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 01:28 PM   #90
gjm120
Colonel
United_States
1247
Rep
2,075
Posts

Drives: 2013 128i
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: East Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
It could be anything under the sun.

Fried, as I mentioned earlier, served as the Solicitor General under Reagan and is a registered Republican. How do his politics play in to this scenario?


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Fried
People do change I recall you were a DJT voter. (sorry to air your dirty laundry ) Or maybe he got senile and turned into a Democrat.
__________________
E82 / BMWP Springs / Koni Yellows / M front control arms / M rear guide rods / RSFB inserts / AT / Sport seats & steering wheel + paddles
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 01:36 PM   #91
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
5025
Rep
4,240
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post
People do change I recall you were a DJT voter. (sorry to air your dirty laundry ) Or maybe he got senile and turned into a Democrat.
Yep, I held my nose and voted for Trump. As ridiculous as he can be, Hillary was the worse option, IMO. No dirty laundry there.

I've voted R far more than D in my life, in fact - no change to be found in my historical record.

Could Fried have "changed"? Again, anything is possible. The evidence is stacked against your argument thus far, however.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer20167.00

      10-16-2018, 01:43 PM   #92
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
13341
Rep
3,779
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
I've voted R far more than D in my life, in fact - no change to be found in my historical record.

So, the question remains then, do you still like the 'D', or only on occasion?

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 01:57 PM   #93
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
5025
Rep
4,240
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
So, the question remains then, do you still like the 'D', or only on occasion?




Depends on the "candidate", I guess. You auditioning?
Appreciate 1
Run Silent13340.50

      10-16-2018, 02:02 PM   #94
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
13341
Rep
3,779
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post



Depends on the "candidate", I guess. You auditioning?
Good comeback, my dear sir. Bravo Zulu.

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 02:06 PM   #95
******
Banned
United_States
2051
Rep
1,689
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5 Msport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
Which would be.....?
Gee, I donít know, letting fake Indians in to fill a quota perhaps? Not wanting to be embarrassed because they were duped? Not looking stupid? Looking dishonest? I mean thatís just to name a few
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 02:09 PM   #96
gjm120
Colonel
United_States
1247
Rep
2,075
Posts

Drives: 2013 128i
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: East Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdalum View Post
Gee, I donít know, letting fake Indians in to fill a quota perhaps? Not wanting to be embarrassed because they were duped? Not looking stupid? Looking dishonest? I mean thatís just to name a few
Being duped and now embarrassed is the very likely.
__________________
E82 / BMWP Springs / Koni Yellows / M front control arms / M rear guide rods / RSFB inserts / AT / Sport seats & steering wheel + paddles
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 02:15 PM   #97
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
5025
Rep
4,240
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdalum View Post
Gee, I donít know, letting fake Indians in to fill a quota perhaps? Not wanting to be embarrassed because they were duped? Not looking stupid? Looking dishonest? I mean thatís just to name a few
You really think that's going to put a dent in the reputation of Harvard Law? Seriously?

Also, this interview was from back in 2012, before the DNA test and all the flap with the President.

I think you're reaching. A lot.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 02:17 PM   #98
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
PINeely's Avatar
United_States
1004
Rep
1,898
Posts

Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS

iTrader: (2)

Another victim of Trump's hilarious knack for nicknaming. Pocahontas can join the likes of Little Marco and Low-energy Jeb
Appreciate 1
Lups11035.50

      10-16-2018, 02:26 PM   #99
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
5025
Rep
4,240
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Oh, yeah, Trump's nicknames are the height of wit!
Appreciate 1
Lups11035.50

      10-16-2018, 02:28 PM   #100
******
Banned
United_States
2051
Rep
1,689
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5 Msport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
You really think that's going to put a dent in the reputation of Harvard Law? Seriously?

Also, this interview was from back in 2012, before the DNA test and all the flap with the President.

I think you're reaching. A lot.
Well I’m not really reaching a conclusion, just think there’s reason to wonder. And this is a senator were talking about after all ...a liberal senator at a liberal institutions
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 02:31 PM   #101
gjm120
Colonel
United_States
1247
Rep
2,075
Posts

Drives: 2013 128i
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: East Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
You really think that's going to put a dent in the reputation of Harvard Law? Seriously?

Also, this interview was from back in 2012, before the DNA test and all the flap with the President.

I think you're reaching. A lot.
Who said it would dent Harvard Law School reputation? It still could be personally embarrassing for someone. We are all reaching but this is just a bunch of know it all's airing their opinions.
__________________
E82 / BMWP Springs / Koni Yellows / M front control arms / M rear guide rods / RSFB inserts / AT / Sport seats & steering wheel + paddles
Appreciate 1
      10-16-2018, 02:43 PM   #102
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
9557
Rep
12,502
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
Another victim of Trump's hilarious knack for nicknaming. Pocahontas can join the likes of Little Marco and Low-energy Jeb

Does Trump understand issues? no.

Does he like to assign nicknames? Yes!!


We were just discussing this in our office:
How does Ted Cruz not kick Trumps ass for the wife remarks in 2016? Come hell or high water, I would certainly look to challenge and fight someone if they said that about my wife.

Ad mocks Cruz for making up with Trump: 'If somebody called my wife ...
https://thehill.com/.../410567-ad-mo...mp-if-somebody...
Oct 9, 2018 - In a new ad, which was released on Monday, actor Sonny Carl Davis mocks Cruz over his claimed toughness, quipping, "If somebody called my wife a dog and said my daddy was in on the Kennedy assassination, I wouldn't be kissing their ass." ... Cruz forcefully criticized Trump throughout .



ps Even I thought the "Pocahontus" nickname was funny.
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 02:46 PM   #103
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11036
Rep
15,339
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdalum View Post
Well I’m not really reaching a conclusion, just think there’s reason to wonder. And this is a senator were talking about after all ...a liberal senator at a liberal institutions
I'm like a senator here: bitcy at best and hitting the point by chance at times.

Now...

I claim to have Jewish, gypsy, ss officer blood in me, Lapland folks have some input in me too. I haven't taken any test, that's what the family folklore tells me. Because of it, I've studied certain religions, political affiliations and cultures more. I'm not claiming I am a member of Schutzstaffel, I just know a great grandma of mine couldn't let a penis walk by her.

I would love to take the test to prove the dear grandma didn't polish some German wood, but I also want to keep claiming my wild gypsy roots which can be questioned too. I like the stories. I like how those have formed me in to the current me.

I think the senator would agree with me. We love the family saga.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 1
******2050.50

      10-16-2018, 02:59 PM   #104
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
13341
Rep
3,779
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I just know a great grandma of mine couldn't let a penis walk by her. I would love to take the test to prove the dear grandma didn't polish some German wood.


Winner of the internet today right there.


Appreciate 1
Lups11035.50

      10-16-2018, 03:06 PM   #105
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11036
Rep
15,339
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Winner of the internet today right there.


Much appreciated! I actually wrote woody but my new, extra stupid phone decided to be civil.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 1
Run Silent13340.50

      10-16-2018, 03:09 PM   #106
******
Banned
United_States
2051
Rep
1,689
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5 Msport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I'm like a senator here: bitcy at best and hitting the point by chance at times.

Now...

I claim to have Jewish, gypsy, ss officer blood in me, Lapland folks have some input in me too. I haven't taken any test, that's what the family folklore tells me. Because of it, I've studied certain religions, political affiliations and cultures more. I'm not claiming I am a member of Schutzstaffel, I just know a great grandma of mine couldn't let a penis walk by her.

I would love to take the test to prove the dear grandma didn't polish some German wood, but I also want to keep claiming my wild gypsy roots which can be questioned too. I like the stories. I like how those have formed me in to the current me.

I think the senator would agree with me. We love the family saga.
Is your great grandma hot?
Appreciate 1
Lups11035.50

      10-16-2018, 03:17 PM   #107
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
PINeely's Avatar
United_States
1004
Rep
1,898
Posts

Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
Oh, yeah, Trump's nicknames are the height of wit!
The funny bit to me isn't necessarily the names themselves, it's his penchant for giving them and the recipients suffering because of it. It's crazy. Like Warren in this case, who if she had just let Trump run his mouth and ignored it wouldn't be dealing with this situation. The Cherokee Nation's statement on it effectively ended her political momentum and it was all because she got defensive about a nickname.

Edit: By the way, I agree that what most likely happened is she was told stories of being Cherokee and this and that all her life, but turns out she isn't (same thing happened to me when we took our DNA tests).
Appreciate 2
Lups11035.50

      10-16-2018, 03:19 PM   #108
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11036
Rep
15,339
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdalum View Post
Is your great grandma hot?
I've been told I look like her. Since this is a car forum and only one pic of me has ever been posted by popular demand, I think being hot is not in my blood.

As far as I know, they were married when Finland was still a part of Russia. I'm still figuring out how a guy can fight in the second world war and my widowed grandmother had been remarried for 30 years by then. I fucking love the history and the the cover-up. Today's version of I would be so boring!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 1
******2050.50

      10-16-2018, 03:21 PM   #109
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11036
Rep
15,339
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
The funny bit to me isn't necessarily the names themselves, it's his penchant for giving them and the recipients suffering because of it. It's crazy. Like Warren in this case, who if she had just let Trump run his mouth and ignored it wouldn't be dealing with this situation. The Cherokee Nation's statement on it effectively ended her political momentum.
That's the thing. Family history and DNA results just don't mix well.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?

Last edited by Lups; 10-16-2018 at 03:34 PM..
Appreciate 2
PINeely1003.50

      10-16-2018, 03:25 PM   #110
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
PINeely's Avatar
United_States
1004
Rep
1,898
Posts

Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
The funny bit to me isn't necessarily the names themselves, it's his penchant for giving them and the recipients suffering because of it. It's crazy. Like Warren in this case, who if she had just let Trump run his mouth and ignored it wouldn't be dealing with this situation. The Cherokee Nation's statement on it effectively ended her political momentum.
That's the thing. Family history and DNA results just from mix well.
Yep growing up we were told that our dad was 1/16 Choctaw and our mom was 1/16 Cherokee. I remember my grandmother poring over old family records trying to find some link so that we could get scholarships and all that, and she never did find anything. Well, we did the tests and turns out he IS part Choctaw, but not nearly 1/16, and my mom is almost entirely Dutch without a shred of Native American anywhere.
Appreciate 2
Lups11035.50

Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST