BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-21-2019, 06:38 PM   #1
jenc
New Member
3
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: X5
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

Nail on a Bridgestone tire!

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Happy Easter fellas,
Today I found a nail (screw) on our new X40i with ~4K miles. I have 20" bridgestone alenza sport a/s. Did anyone have experience with their road hazard warranty? I found several posts regarding Pirelli's. Not sure if Bridgestone offers similar coverage. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 06:44 PM   #2
JFU
Lieutenant
United_States
108
Rep
449
Posts

Drives: X7
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenc View Post
Happy Easter fellas,
Today I found a nail (screw) on our new X40i with ~4K miles. I have 20" bridgestone alenza sport a/s. Did anyone have experience with their road hazard warranty? I found several posts regarding Pirelli's. Not sure if Bridgestone offers similar coverage. Thanks!
It sounds like you did not purchase an additional tire/rim coverage when you took delivery of the car right? If so, I've not heard of road hazard coverage for the set of tires that come with the car. I do know that OE tires replaced at certain dealers carry a 2 year road hazard warranty. I would be interested in finding out if there is coverage for the original set of tires from BMW/tire manufacturers. Good luck!
__________________
2014 A207 E550 Vert
2018 F60 Countryman S All4
2019 G07 X7 40i
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 06:46 PM   #3
JFU
Lieutenant
United_States
108
Rep
449
Posts

Drives: X7
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenc View Post
Happy Easter fellas,
Today I found a nail (screw) on our new X40i with ~4K miles. I have 20" bridgestone alenza sport a/s. Did anyone have experience with their road hazard warranty? I found several posts regarding Pirelli's. Not sure if Bridgestone offers similar coverage. Thanks!
Oh and also, per Bridgestone warranty documents for the purchase and install of a set of tires:

This Limited Warranty does not cover the following:
1. Tire damage or irregular wear due to:
A. Road hazards, including, without limitation:
Puncture, cut, impact break, stone drill, bruise,
bulge, snag, etc.

My gut tells me there won't be much luck getting your situation covered by either Bridgestone or BMW. Where's the location of the puncture?
__________________
2014 A207 E550 Vert
2018 F60 Countryman S All4
2019 G07 X7 40i
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 07:50 PM   #4
jenc
New Member
3
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: X5
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

Thanks. Per Bridgestone, they do seem to offer similar road hazard warranty:

Page 12: The DriveGuard Supplemental RoadHazard Limited Warranty...
https://www.bridgestonetire.com/cont...s-05-12-17.pdf

And this:

https://www.torquenews.com/1083/free-run-flat-tire-road-hazard-warranty-your-tire-shop-forgot-tell-you-about


"...The Bridgestone site says “For additional peace of mind, the DriveGuard Supplemental RoadHazard Limited Warranty covers eligible tires that become damaged or unusable for any reason resulting from a road hazard (e.g. cut, snag, bruise, impact, or puncture). This warranty, given to promote goodwill, is a supplement to the Limited Warranty applicable to your tires.”


Quote:
Originally Posted by JFU View Post
Oh and also, per Bridgestone warranty documents for the purchase and install of a set of tires:

This Limited Warranty does not cover the following:
1. Tire damage or irregular wear due to:
A. Road hazards, including, without limitation:
Puncture, cut, impact break, stone drill, bruise,
bulge, snag, etc.

My gut tells me there won't be much luck getting your situation covered by either Bridgestone or BMW. Where's the location of the puncture?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 08:54 PM   #5
JFU
Lieutenant
United_States
108
Rep
449
Posts

Drives: X7
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenc View Post
Thanks. Per Bridgestone, they do seem to offer similar road hazard warranty:

Page 12: The DriveGuard Supplemental RoadHazard Limited Warranty...
https://www.bridgestonetire.com/cont...s-05-12-17.pdf

And this:

https://www.torquenews.com/1083/free-run-flat-tire-road-hazard-warranty-your-tire-shop-forgot-tell-you-about


"...The Bridgestone site says “For additional peace of mind, the DriveGuard Supplemental RoadHazard Limited Warranty covers eligible tires that become damaged or unusable for any reason resulting from a road hazard (e.g. cut, snag, bruise, impact, or puncture). This warranty, given to promote goodwill, is a supplement to the Limited Warranty applicable to your tires.”
Ah very interesting. Good find. Thanks! I had a screw through a tire recently in my MINI, but it was just outside the 1 year window, so I paid out of pocket to replace the front pair. Since I did it at a participating dealership, I now have 2 year coverage for those front tires.

Hopefully you can navigate the procedure for Bridgestone to offer you a free or otherwise pro-rated replacement
__________________
2014 A207 E550 Vert
2018 F60 Countryman S All4
2019 G07 X7 40i
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 10:31 PM   #6
jenc
New Member
3
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: X5
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

Thanks - I'll contact the local Bridgestone dealers and update later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFU View Post
Ah very interesting. Good find. Thanks! I had a screw through a tire recently in my MINI, but it was just outside the 1 year window, so I paid out of pocket to replace the front pair. Since I did it at a participating dealership, I now have 2 year coverage for those front tires.

Hopefully you can navigate the procedure for Bridgestone to offer you a free or otherwise pro-rated replacement
Appreciate 2
jimv0324.50
LexxM3860.50

      04-22-2019, 09:00 AM   #7
Pictor
First Lieutenant
United_States
126
Rep
317
Posts

Drives: 2018 M550i & 2020 X5 40i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW X5 40i  [0.00]
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Is it in a spot that you could patch/plug?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 01:18 PM   #8
speuk
Registered user
United Kingdom
58
Rep
349
Posts

Drives: G05 3.0d MSport / F23
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: south bucks

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2010 f07 SE GT  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pictor View Post
Is it in a spot that you could patch/plug?
My thoughts too. If it is in the top of the tread and the tyre has not been driven flat I always get my rfts repaired.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST