03-26-2019, 08:24 AM   #1
gofast182
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

High Pitch Noise from Dash Area

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
This has been very bothersome to me. There is a high-frequency tone being emitted from the electronics behind the dash. It seems to come from the area behind the small HVAC display but I've noticed the noise even with the HVAC system OFF.

This is not a fan noise it's a ringing/resonance of an electronic component that results in a high frequency tone.

We test drove several G05s and I didn't notice it until we got in the one that picked us up from the airport for PCD (and of course our car).

This is my wife's car so I can't simply surrender it to the dealership at my will so I'd like to know if someone has had this resolved before I pursue.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 08:33 AM   #2
X5_CC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 40i

There was a thread a little while ago discussing this. Fortunately you are not alone
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 09:41 AM   #3
wjakridgeii
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

I am pretty sure we all have this issue.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 02:44 AM   #4
GG3
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, E90 325

Are you sure it's coming from the info system? I have had the same noise from my M3 and found that it was the rear vision mirror. With the car running and in park place your ear 1 inch in from either end of your revision mirror and listen. Don't place your ear in the middle on the the rest vision mirror it's more prominent on the ends of the mirror. A stethoscope is a handy tool to use for this. I believe it has something to do with the drive in the anti glare mechanism in the mirror.

If you are in Sydney Australia have a chat with either James or Michael from Hornsby BMW these 2 legends the are all over this.
Appreciate 0