BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-30-2019, 11:24 PM   #89
Xfive
Private
Xfive's Avatar
136
Rep
89
Posts

Drives: X5 M50i
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Louisiana

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinf79 View Post
Xfive... how does the M50i drive w/o DHP (specifically ARS) in corners? Does it still feel like it "sways"? Now I'm on the fence about getting it (it's a $5500 option in Canada).

If I'm spending what I'm spending on this car... I want to make sure I don't have regrets.
Zero regrets. To me, it's a completely different ride compared to my previous G05 50i. It does not bounce as much and certainly does not lean as much while cornering. For me it's perfect for blasting some curves every once in a while.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 11:28 PM   #90
Xfive
Private
Xfive's Avatar
136
Rep
89
Posts

Drives: X5 M50i
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Louisiana

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THinthedesert View Post
Congratulations, it's beautiful.

Can you post close ups of the X5 and M50i badges in the rear. I really like that fact that they are not chrome, and I presume they are cerium gray?
posted
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 12:21 AM   #91
The J-Man
Captain
211
Rep
810
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denver

iTrader: (0)

Is the sunroof cover Alcantara or some other material?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 12:34 AM   #92
Xfive
Private
Xfive's Avatar
136
Rep
89
Posts

Drives: X5 M50i
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Louisiana

iTrader: (0)

Alcantara
Appreciate 1
1230vani417.50

      08-31-2019, 01:14 AM   #93
Xfive
Private
Xfive's Avatar
136
Rep
89
Posts

Drives: X5 M50i
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Louisiana

iTrader: (0)

Edited to include video content of exhaust and assisted drive view.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 01:36 AM   #94
Xfive
Private
Xfive's Avatar
136
Rep
89
Posts

Drives: X5 M50i
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Louisiana

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M50i4me View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfive View Post
I will hopefully have a little time this weekend to take a few more pictures and maybe a short review.
Any observations on the exhaust note? Is it similar to the 50i or is it more aggressive like what's on the M850i? A quick video would be awesome on the exhaust.

Thanks!
Posted some vids.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 01:43 AM   #95
M50i4me
New Member
0
Rep
17
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi Q7
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Orange County

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfive View Post
Posted some vids.
Thank you. Sounds awesome.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 08:54 AM   #96
Firstm31993
Private First Class
United_States
38
Rep
127
Posts

Drives: 2014 550i
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfive View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstm31993 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstm31993 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfive View Post
I finally got to pick up my new M50i. I'll follow up with some more detailed info later, but wanted to share the delivery pics. I know this sounds weird, but she has some of my old F15 in her. That is a great thing!

2020 M50i
Carbon Black
Extended Shadowline
Alcantara Headliner
Black Extended Merino Leather
Brown Poplar Wood Trim
B&W Audio
Drivers Assistance Pro
Luxury Seating Package
Executive Package
742M Wheels
Acoustic Glass
Heated seats/armrest

iDrive Version: 07/2019.38

Edited to include my impressions so far going from a 50i to the M50i:

Suspension
Comfort is more firm and compliant than the 50i, it is definitely not as bouncy. It only gets better as you move through the modes. On my last G05, I wondered if I made a mistake by not selecting DHP or Air. Not this time around. This is the driving dynamic that almost reminds me of my F15. This is the true progression from the F15, to me anyway.

Engine
I know it does not seem like a huge jump, but damn she freaking hustles. Seriously, it's all there. You wanna go, then damnit you are gone.

Things I got but missed the first go round:

B&W Audio - Was not available when I originally ordered and there was never one available at the dealership so I did not realize what i was missing out on.

Extended Merino - I really liked the Vernasca leather with luxury seating on the last G05, but the Merino is much softer on the upper back.
This option isn't a super must have for me and I would ultimately be happy with either.

Extended Shadowline - Was not available before, but it looks badass against the Carbon Black. (I'm still bummed Black Sapphire was not available)

Alcantara Headliner - Even the shade is alcantara.

Pano SkyLounge - This thing just blows peoples mind when it is lit at night. Especially when caring car is enabled and it fades in and out.

Drive Recorder - This probably deserves it's own post along with the new display features in the cluster.
Congrats, man! Awesome BOLD look! Enjoy!
Did ever consider the X6 M50i?
No, just not my thing.
All good. Great color and wheel combination!
Appreciate 1
Xfive136.00

      08-31-2019, 09:17 AM   #97
Ghostriderf80
Got Tools?? Use them.
Ghostriderf80's Avatar
Canada
514
Rep
921
Posts

Drives: Just a BMW
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Netz

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfive View Post
I finally got to pick up my new M50i. I'll follow up with some more detailed info later, but wanted to share the delivery pics. I know this sounds weird, but she has some of my old F15 in her. That is a great thing!

2020 M50i
Carbon Black
Extended Shadowline
Alcantara Headliner
Black Extended Merino Leather
Brown Poplar Wood Trim
B&W Audio
Drivers Assistance Pro
Luxury Seating Package
Executive Package
742M Wheels
Acoustic Glass
Heated seats/armrest

iDrive Version: 07/2019.38

Edited to include my impressions so far going from a 50i to the M50i:

Suspension
Comfort is more firm and compliant than the 50i, it is definitely not as bouncy. It only gets better as you move through the modes. On my last G05, I wondered if I made a mistake by not selecting DHP or Air. Not this time around. This is the driving dynamic that almost reminds me of my F15. This is the true progression from the F15, to me anyway.

Engine
I know it does not seem like a huge jump, but damn she freaking hustles. Seriously, it's all there. You wanna go, then damnit you are gone.

Things I got but missed the first go round:

B&W Audio - Was not available when I originally ordered and there was never one available at the dealership so I did not realize what i was missing out on.

Extended Merino - I really liked the Vernasca leather with luxury seating on the last G05, but the Merino is much softer on the upper back.
This option isn't a super must have for me and I would ultimately be happy with either.

Extended Shadowline - Was not available before, but it looks badass against the Carbon Black. (I'm still bummed Black Sapphire was not available)

Alcantara Headliner - Even the shade is alcantara.

Pano SkyLounge - This thing just blows peoples mind when it is lit at night. Especially when caring car is enabled and it fades in and out.

Drive Recorder - This probably deserves it's own post along with the new display features in the cluster.

Assisted Drive View
Here are a couple videos of Assisted Drive View in action. It's pretty awesome that it can determine the vehicle type and display it in the cluster. (Small Car / Tractor Trailer / Motorcycle). Also notice the indicators when you are not touching the steering wheel.

2020 X5 M50i | Assisted Drive View | Lane Change

2020 X5 M50i | Assisted Drive View

Exhaust
Here are a few clips of the exhaust in action.

2020 X5 M50i | Exhaust with modes

2020 X5 M50i | Idle

2020 X5 M50i | Startup
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjays View Post
This was in the press release...not sure my eyes can see any differences. Maybe someone can point out the changes.

"The new BMW X5 M50i and X7 M50i models feature front bumpers with larger openings to allow for greater air flow to the cooling system. The rocker panels and rear bumpers have been sculptured to set the models apart from the rest of the line."
The press release is referring to the standard X line for 2020 as the
M-Sport doesn't exist in that context. The M-Sport and M50i are the same car less the 67hp increase and one wheel option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfive View Post
I finally got to pick up my new M50i. I'll follow up with some more detailed info later, but wanted to share the delivery pics. I know this sounds weird, but she has some of my old F15 in her. That is a great thing!

2020 M50i
Carbon Black
Extended Shadowline
Alcantara Headliner
Black Extended Merino Leather
Brown Poplar Wood Trim
B&W Audio
Drivers Assistance Pro
Luxury Seating Package
Executive Package
742M Wheels
Acoustic Glass
Heated seats/armrest

iDrive Version: 07/2019.38

Edited to include my impressions so far going from a 50i to the M50i:

Suspension
Comfort is more firm and compliant than the 50i, it is definitely not as bouncy. It only gets better as you move through the modes. On my last G05, I wondered if I made a mistake by not selecting DHP or Air. Not this time around. This is the driving dynamic that almost reminds me of my F15. This is the true progression from the F15, to me anyway.

Engine
I know it does not seem like a huge jump, but damn she freaking hustles. Seriously, it's all there. You wanna go, then damnit you are gone.

Things I got but missed the first go round:

B&W Audio - Was not available when I originally ordered and there was never one available at the dealership so I did not realize what i was missing out on.

Extended Merino - I really liked the Vernasca leather with luxury seating on the last G05, but the Merino is much softer on the upper back.
This option isn't a super must have for me and I would ultimately be happy with either.

Extended Shadowline - Was not available before, but it looks badass against the Carbon Black. (I'm still bummed Black Sapphire was not available)

Alcantara Headliner - Even the shade is alcantara.

Pano SkyLounge - This thing just blows peoples mind when it is lit at night. Especially when caring car is enabled and it fades in and out.

Drive Recorder - This probably deserves it's own post along with the new display features in the cluster.

Assisted Drive View
Here are a couple videos of Assisted Drive View in action. It's pretty awesome that it can determine the vehicle type and display it in the cluster. (Small Car / Tractor Trailer / Motorcycle). Also notice the indicators when you are not touching the steering wheel.

2020 X5 M50i | Assisted Drive View | Lane Change

2020 X5 M50i | Assisted Drive View

Exhaust
Here are a few clips of the exhaust in action.

2020 X5 M50i | Exhaust with modes

2020 X5 M50i | Idle

2020 X5 M50i | Startup
You're right fully
Loaded is the way to go. It's sounds very interesting w the b&w as well as off road diff. 1799 a month for work lease for 24 m is great. Should be fun in winter time.
__________________
1980 VW Rabbit 8v- 4spd - #1 First car - Thanks Dad.
1998.5 Audi A4 - very nicely built
2010 E90 325i M-Sport - M3/330i conversion, BBK/LSD FAST!
2014 M5 AKA Tomahawk Cruise Missile
2016 M3 Comp DCT - GTS flash, ESS, Akra DP, MPCO - Nirvana achieved
Appreciate 1
Xfive136.00

      08-31-2019, 09:47 AM   #98
hkleyman
Private First Class
hkleyman's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
155
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Saint Paul, MN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaralt View Post
Love the new Tesla-esque instrument cluster. I wonder if this is something the 19s will get in an update?
Hope so. Just got my 19 50i.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 02:59 PM   #99
Johnmcp73
New Member
United Kingdom
5
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 G05 M50d
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfive View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmcp73 View Post
Am loving the black front grill.... you mention the suspension being good. Is it on springs or air?
I have air as it was mandatory for the seven seat option here but absolutely hate it... even in extra sport mode. Am hoping someone like Hamann will do a mod otherwise will definitely change for something like the Audi sq8 that has active air suspension apparently.
Or Perhaps the petrol 50i already has improved air suspension?
Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers
I do not have DHP or Air, and it is a significant difference from the standard suspension. I find it to be a more firm/sporty setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfive View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmcp73 View Post
Am loving the black front grill.... you mention the suspension being good. Is it on springs or air?
I have air as it was mandatory for the seven seat option here but absolutely hate it... even in extra sport mode. Am hoping someone like Hamann will do a mod otherwise will definitely change for something like the Audi sq8 that has active air suspension apparently.
Or Perhaps the petrol 50i already has improved air suspension?
Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers
I do not have DHP or Air, and it is a significant difference from the standard suspension. I find it to be a more firm/sporty setup.
So looks like you're on msport springs which come as standard on the x5 m50d here but you have to swap out for the seven seats unfortunately.

Looks like I'll just have to accept it or move onto something else.....

The family love it at least - 7 seats and rear entertainment obviously suits them but to me it really shouldn't he badged msport.

Cheers for the reply
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 03:00 PM   #100
Johnmcp73
New Member
United Kingdom
5
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 G05 M50d
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvsocr7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmcp73 View Post
Am loving the black front grill.... you mention the suspension being good. Is it on springs or air?
I have air as it was mandatory for the seven seat option here but absolutely hate it... even in extra sport mode. Am hoping someone like Hamann will do a mod otherwise will definitely change for something like the Audi sq8 that has active air suspension apparently.
Or Perhaps the petrol 50i already has improved air suspension?
Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers
I drove an m50i with DHP and one without. DHP is a game changer. What I learned is these suvs are great for straight line, that's where the suspension matters. But the only way to actually get rid of the lean with turning is DHP. It also improves the sideways bounce created by bad roads. No amount of suspension will fix that, no matter how sporty it is. I've tried to find every possible reason not to get DHP but can't. If you drive aggressively or in any suburbia then you need DHP. Apparently this is the first year DHP isn't on the 6cylinder.
Agreed but no can do with 7 seats I believe
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 03:01 PM   #101
Johnmcp73
New Member
United Kingdom
5
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 G05 M50d
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

Blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvsocr7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmcp73 View Post
Am loving the black front grill.... you mention the suspension being good. Is it on springs or air?
I have air as it was mandatory for the seven seat option here but absolutely hate it... even in extra sport mode. Am hoping someone like Hamann will do a mod otherwise will definitely change for something like the Audi sq8 that has active air suspension apparently.
Or Perhaps the petrol 50i already has improved air suspension?
Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers
I drove an m50i with DHP and one without. DHP is a game changer. What I learned is these suvs are great for straight line, that's where the suspension matters. But the only way to actually get rid of the lean with turning is DHP. It also improves the sideways bounce created by bad roads. No amount of suspension will fix that, no matter how sporty it is. I've tried to find every possible reason not to get DHP but can't. If you drive aggressively or in any suburbia then you need DHP. Apparently this is the first year DHP isn't on the 6cylinder.
Agreed but no can do with 7 seats I believe
Appreciate 1
nvsocr728.50

      08-31-2019, 05:17 PM   #102
BobBeau
Second Lieutenant
BobBeau's Avatar
United_States
130
Rep
221
Posts

Drives: X5 50i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: I'd rather be in Utah

iTrader: (0)

Is that Brian Harris in Baton Rouge?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 05:19 PM   #103
Xfive
Private
Xfive's Avatar
136
Rep
89
Posts

Drives: X5 M50i
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Louisiana

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBeau View Post
Is that Brian Harris in Baton Rouge?
Yes sir!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 05:22 PM   #104
mjr24
Captain
224
Rep
613
Posts

Drives: F90 M5
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wisconsin/Illinois

iTrader: (0)

Can we see some pics of the sky lounge in action?
__________________
2019 M5, 2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC (sold), 2013 CLS550 (sold), 2011 750LI (sold), 2008 M6 Cabrio (sold), 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 (sold), 2003 Mercedes SL500 (sold), 2000 Mercedes CL500 (sold)
Appreciate 2
Xfive136.00
sahajesh772.50

      08-31-2019, 05:25 PM   #105
SAMM3Y
Lieutenant Colonel
SAMM3Y's Avatar
1360
Rep
1,556
Posts

Drives: 2008 m3
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (1)

Damn that's got presence!.. nice sir! I love the cold starts on these too.. they sound so good
__________________
9ers
Appreciate 1
Xfive136.00

      08-31-2019, 05:43 PM   #106
THinthedesert
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
31
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M50i
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THinthedesert View Post
Congratulations, it's beautiful.

Can you post close ups of the X5 and M50i badges in the rear. I really like that fact that they are not chrome, and I presume they are cerium gray?
I saw the pictures of the emblems.

Thanks for taking and posting them.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 06:40 PM   #107
Penguino
Captain
Penguino's Avatar
503
Rep
974
Posts

Drives: A car.
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Here

iTrader: (5)

How come I don't see any cerium grey accents on any of the 2020 M50is?
__________________
"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance."
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 06:44 PM   #108
Firstm31993
Private First Class
United_States
38
Rep
127
Posts

Drives: 2014 550i
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguino View Post
How come I don't see any cerium grey accents on any of the 2020 M50is?
I think the Shadowline option changes the Cerium Gray?
Appreciate 1
Penguino503.00

      08-31-2019, 07:29 PM   #109
Xfive
Private
Xfive's Avatar
136
Rep
89
Posts

Drives: X5 M50i
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Louisiana

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguino View Post
How come I don't see any cerium grey accents on any of the 2020 M50is?
Extended Shadowline removes the cerium accents, that I why I selected the 742M wheels.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 07:52 PM   #110
Firstm31993
Private First Class
United_States
38
Rep
127
Posts

Drives: 2014 550i
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfive View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguino View Post
How come I don't see any cerium grey accents on any of the 2020 M50is?
Extended Shadowline removes the cerium accents, that I why I selected the 742M wheels.
Do you know what type of material is the cerium gray? The cerium gray looks odd on the side mirrors
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST