BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-28-2019, 02:07 AM   #23
perikifi
Second Lieutenant
perikifi's Avatar
Finland
140
Rep
201
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 45e M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Finland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypsbe View Post
I didnít opt for luggage compartment package because it looked like (maybe Iím completely wrong here) you loose a bit of space with that automated lid on X5 45e trunk space. I have a dog cage that fits the trunk but then the lid needs to taken off the car. Electric functions do not apply to X5 45e I read above, what does that mean? Can anyone tell what comes with the package in the end?
It's hard to figure out what option 418 contains on the 45e but it does not contain the automated cover or the luggage-anti-slide feature at all. I believe the whole package is reduced to some flexible net to hold cargo in place as the price is under 100 euros.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 02:38 AM   #24
awosy
Private
awosy's Avatar
Belgium
15
Rep
66
Posts

Drives: BMW 435d coupe
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikheetleon View Post
I don’t live in Belgium so I should be fine with 22”. I’ve ordered the car a couple of weeks ago. I’ve added the lasers and choose Tansanite blue as color.
I opted out for the lasers because it's merely a visual option which is quite expensive. Like apocalypsbe says, you need long stretches of no traffic with completely dark circumstances. Led lights will be enough for me.

About the luggage option 418, I will try to figure out in March or May (whatever) when I get mine delivered if this doesn't become clear by someone else. For me, it was included in my travel pack, I didn't choose the option myself because I thought there no point with the 45e. The complete cover doesn't disappear in the floor behind the back seats, that's for sure. Maybe this option on the 45e only includes the cover to roll up to the back seats automatically/by button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perikifi View Post
It's hard to figure out what option 418 contains on the 45e but it does not contain the automated cover or the luggage-anti-slide feature at all. I believe the whole package is reduced to some flexible net to hold cargo in place as the price is under 100 euros.

The flexible net you are talking about, isn't this option 413?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 02:49 AM   #25
perikifi
Second Lieutenant
perikifi's Avatar
Finland
140
Rep
201
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 45e M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Finland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awosy View Post
I opted out for the lasers because it's merely a visual option which is quite expensive. Like apocalypsbe says, you need long stretches of no traffic with completely dark circumstances. Led lights will be enough for me.

About the luggage option 418, I will try to figure out in March or May (whatever) when I get mine delivered if this doesn't become clear by someone else. For me, it was included in my travel pack, I didn't choose the option myself because I thought there no point with the 45e. The complete cover doesn't disappear in the floor behind the back seats, that's for sure. Maybe this option on the 45e only includes the cover to roll up to the back seats automatically/by button.

The flexible net you are talking about, isn't this option 413?
I believe there's one net to hang between the cargo area floor and ceiling (413) and another one to keep cargo flat on the floor (part of 418). But we'll see!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 02:08 PM   #26
Herr
New Member
Herr's Avatar
3
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 45e X-line
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

According to BMW Netherlands option 418 gives you guidance rails left and right for the manual luggage compartment cover to slide through. So the side of the cover that you grab then goes through a rail left and right.
__________________
BMW X5 45e X-line
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 07:57 AM   #27
ikheetleon
Second Lieutenant
80
Rep
243
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 45e 2020
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Last friday I finally got the car. Loving it since, but I've got 2 questions:

1) When I activate/deactivate the steering wheel heating, I see a notification on the dashboard. But while it's activated, I don't see any status light/indication, is that correct? How can I tell it's on, besides feeling/guessing?

2) The central console LED's (besides the gear lever) don't seem to light up, tested both during day and night. Is there a setting causing this, or is it broken?

Can't wait for making pics in summer with 22" rims.
Attached Images
     
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 09:59 AM   #28
X5 45e
Lieutenant
237
Rep
482
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 45e
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW X5 45e  [0.00]
Looks nice ! Congrats

Point 1 is correct. There is no led. Just feel if it's warm. With pre heating the steering wheel heating is turned on too but you don't get a led confirming this.

Point 2 it should light up. Only thing is if you set it on blue white it might be white and less visible during the day?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 12:26 PM   #29
ikheetleon
Second Lieutenant
80
Rep
243
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 45e 2020
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
Looks nice ! Congrats

Point 1 is correct. There is no led. Just feel if it's warm. With pre heating the steering wheel heating is turned on too but you don't get a led confirming this.

Point 2 it should light up. Only thing is if you set it on blue white it might be white and less visible during the day?
1) Ah ok, so the button does not light up (more) yellow when active. check!
2) I've set it to blue only, purple only, but still the same, no light on the center console leds, also not at night. Looks like I have to go back for that.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 12:06 AM   #30
X5 45e
Lieutenant
237
Rep
482
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 45e
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW X5 45e  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikheetleon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
Looks nice ! Congrats

Point 1 is correct. There is no led. Just feel if it's warm. With pre heating the steering wheel heating is turned on too but you don't get a led confirming this.

Point 2 it should light up. Only thing is if you set it on blue white it might be white and less visible during the day?
1) Ah ok, so the button does not light up (more) yellow when active. check!
2) I've set it to blue only, purple only, but still the same, no light on the center console leds, also not at night. Looks like I have to go back for that.
https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=25842402

This was posted recently with the same aluminum mesh as you have. It should look like this.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 11:18 AM   #31
Heavyd
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
63
Rep
232
Posts

Drives: '15 F16
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hellhole

iTrader: (0)

Very nice Leon!

I just heard my car has suddenly a production date in april. They told me in January the car was ready for production and production in January. So I was assuming the car would be almost in Belgium, so I gave my dealer a call for a status update. Instead of car is on its way, I got production april
Don't need to say I'm hugely disappointed now

Last edited by Heavyd; 02-25-2020 at 01:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 12:36 PM   #32
pho
New Member
pho's Avatar
Belgium
3
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 xDrive45e on order
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
Very nice Leon!

I just heard my car has suddenly a production date in april. They told me in January the car was ready for production and production in January. So I was assuming the car would be almost in Belgium, so I gave my dealer a call for a status update. Instead of car is on its way, I got production april
Don't need to say I'm hugely disappointend now
Wow I'd be bummed too
Did they give you a specific reason?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 12:46 PM   #33
Heavyd
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
63
Rep
232
Posts

Drives: '15 F16
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hellhole

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pho View Post
Wow I'd be bummed too
Did they give you a specific reason?
Demand is too high, they have capacity problems producing the car.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 01:04 PM   #34
Heavyd
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
63
Rep
232
Posts

Drives: '15 F16
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hellhole

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikheetleon View Post
Last friday I finally got the car. Loving it since, but I've got 2 questions:

1) When I activate/deactivate the steering wheel heating, I see a notification on the dashboard. But while it's activated, I don't see any status light/indication, is that correct? How can I tell it's on, besides feeling/guessing?

2) The central console LED's (besides the gear lever) don't seem to light up, tested both during day and night. Is there a setting causing this, or is it broken?

Can't wait for making pics in summer with 22" rims.
Any wrinkles
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 01:16 PM   #35
Pateeke81
Enlisted Member
Belgium
11
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW F11 520d
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Brussels, Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
Demand is too high, they have capacity problems producing the car.
When did you order it?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 01:21 PM   #36
Heavyd
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
63
Rep
232
Posts

Drives: '15 F16
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hellhole

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pateeke81 View Post
When did you order it?
Beginning of July. Delivery would normally be March.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 01:24 PM   #37
Pateeke81
Enlisted Member
Belgium
11
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW F11 520d
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Brussels, Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
Beginning of July. Delivery would normally be March.
Mine was ordered in December with build week 17, so also April.
That was an update from last week.
I'll try to contact the dealer tomorrow to see if anything changed.

Do you have some individual options?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 01:38 PM   #38
Heavyd
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
63
Rep
232
Posts

Drives: '15 F16
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hellhole

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pateeke81 View Post
Mine was ordered in December with build week 17, so also April.
That was an update from last week.
I'll try to contact the dealer tomorrow to see if anything changed.

Do you have some individual options?
Merino leather. Also laser lights.

So you have almost the same production week in april for an order placed in December and my order was in July.

I'm wondering if many cars are delayed or that they just moved my car because someone important needed a slot.

Just sold my car last week. Because they told me in January everthing was going according to plan. Got a very good deal and a few weeks with my wifes car would be no problem but not 3 months or more.
So they really screwed me over with this delay.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 01:43 PM   #39
Pateeke81
Enlisted Member
Belgium
11
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW F11 520d
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Brussels, Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
Merino leather. Also laser lights.

So you have almost the same production week in april for an order placed in December and my order was in July.

I'm wondering if many cars are delayed or that they just moved my car because someone important needed a slot.

Just sold my car last week. Because they told me in January everthing was going according to plan. Got a very good deal and a few weeks with my wifes car would be no problem but not 3 months or more.
So they really screwed me over with this delay.
That is weird indeed, I didn't opt for the laser nor the extended merino so maybe it is one of both delaying it.
I hope to get an update soon but a later would be very annoying as my lease ends end June.
I'll share the info I get from my dealer (he keeps me updated anyways on a regular basis).
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 01:48 PM   #40
ikheetleon
Second Lieutenant
80
Rep
243
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 45e 2020
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
Very nice Leon!

I just heard my car has suddenly a production date in april. They told me in January the car was ready for production and production in January. So I was assuming the car would be almost in Belgium, so I gave my dealer a call for a status update. Instead of car is on its way, I got production april
Don't need to say I'm hugely disappointed now
Thanks Heavyd! I ordered mine in October. Delivery was planned end of March, beginning of April. I was very surprised with the phone call from the dealer that my car was 6 weeks early. I traded my old F15 M50d in on the 45e so didnít have the issueís of no or two cars. They are really pushing your limits of patience. I have the lasers, but didnít take the Merino.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 01:50 PM   #41
Pateeke81
Enlisted Member
Belgium
11
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW F11 520d
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Brussels, Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikheetleon View Post
Thanks Heavyd! I ordered mine in October. Delivery was planned end of March, beginning of April. I was very surprised with the phone call from the dealer that my car was 6 weeks early. I traded my old F15 M50d in on the 45e so didnít have the issueís of no or two cars. They are really pushing your limits of patience. I have the lasers, but didnít take the Merino.
The dealer only notified you when it arrived all of a sudden at the dealership?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 01:54 PM   #42
ikheetleon
Second Lieutenant
80
Rep
243
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 45e 2020
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pateeke81 View Post
The dealer only notified you when it arrived all of a sudden at the dealership?
Well I was asking at the beginning of February if the VIN was known (so I could activate the drivers guide). The dealer checked and was surprised to see the car was already on itís way to the Netherlands. So we plannend the delivery at that point.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 01:58 PM   #43
Heavyd
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
63
Rep
232
Posts

Drives: '15 F16
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hellhole

iTrader: (0)

I get no notifications on regular basis. I went to the dealer in January and everything was Ok, production in January.
I called the dealer now because I was expecting the car arriving any moment at the dealer. And they told me production april.

So if I didn't call today I wouldn't know.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 02:07 PM   #44
Pateeke81
Enlisted Member
Belgium
11
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW F11 520d
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Brussels, Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
I get no notifications on regular basis. I went to the dealer in January and everything was Ok, production in January.
I called the dealer now because I was expecting the car arriving any moment at the dealer. And they told me production april.

So if I didn't call today I wouldn't know.
That's not ok for a 100k+ car. I get bi-weekly updates and sometimes I get an 45e for a few hours to soften the long wait.
I think your dealer isn't vert customer friendly....
Mind sharing who it is?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST