12-26-2019, 04:03 PM   #68
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I'm a right-leaning moderate who tries to understand both perspectives on issues.

With that being said, since moving to Southern California I've moved further right. This is the most over-taxed, overpriced, and overrated place I've seen in my life. You pay out of your ass to these Democrats who don't know how to manage the state.

If you're not living up in the hills west of LA, southern Orange County, or San Diego you may as well GTFO. It's a dump full of people dependent on the government and their enablers.
Last week.
Pelosi's district.
At a Safeway grocery.
Just walked out afterwards.
Attached Images

12-26-2019, 04:08 PM   #69
pennsiveguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
And all the other states are sending their homeless to move into those enclaves, as we speak.
And aren't the homeless rounded up on election day, so they can cast their votes? Which is, of course, their right if they're an American citizen. The problem is we know very well who they're voting for and it's skewing the balance of power towards the left, which can easily become a positive feedback loop. The more lefties get elected, the juicier the government handouts get. The juicier the government handouts, the more homeless migrate in, and the more votes are cast for left-leaning candidates.

Genuine, personal liberal generosity is a myth, right up there with UFOs and the 911 "inside job" conspiracy. Liberals are generous with other peoples' money and conservatives are more generous with their own. There's a fundamental moral difference there. I'm giving away my own money, to what/whom I see as the most deserving recipients. Liberals are confiscating everyone else's money, and using it to buy votes for their own re-election. If you can't grasp that, please stop voting.
vreihen161520.50
MKSixer19921.00
arkie6357.00

12-26-2019, 05:15 PM   #70
hubbahubba
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
And aren't the homeless rounded up on election day, so they can cast their votes? Which is, of course, their right if they're an American citizen. The problem is we know very well who they're voting for and it's skewing the balance of power towards the left, which can easily become a positive feedback loop. The more lefties get elected, the juicier the government handouts get. The juicier the government handouts, the more homeless migrate in, and the more votes are cast for left-leaning candidates.

Genuine, personal liberal generosity is a myth, right up there with UFOs and the 911 "inside job" conspiracy. Liberals are generous with other peoples' money and conservatives are more generous with their own. There's a fundamental moral difference there. I'm giving away my own money, to what/whom I see as the most deserving recipients. Liberals are confiscating everyone else's money, and using it to buy votes for their own re-election. If you can't grasp that, please stop voting.
I have posted this on this forum in another thread before, but it is very pertinent to your statement. I fall back on this one often, and you may see it again someday!

"Friend, you cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. And what one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government can't give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody. And when half of the people get the idea they don't have to work because the other half's going to take care of them, and when the other half get the idea it does no good to work because somebody's going to get what I work for. That, dear friend, is about the end of any nation."
Adrian Rogers
Appreciate 2
      12-26-2019, 05:20 PM   #71
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Still looking For any instance of me being a liberal?

Or still suffering from the condition below?
Did you vote for Hillary or Trump?
I can tell from more recent posts in other threads that anglo didn't suspend respiration pending an answer to that question.
Appreciate 2
anglo49330.00

12-26-2019, 05:23 PM   #72
Dave 90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
I can tell from more recent posts in other threads that anglo didn't suspend respiration pending an answer to that question.
Hehe
      12-26-2019, 06:55 PM   #73
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by other_evolved View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalS2k View Post
That's now what liberals think that's just some fantasy republicans tell each other over and over so they can find a way to feel superior to other ppl. But it's all a fantasy
Its almost as if some of the posters in this thread have never even spoken with someone who votes D, but just formed their opinions based on what people post on the internet
oh my....
if you only knew
Appreciate 1
MKSixer19921.00

12-26-2019, 07:15 PM   #74
SoCalS2k
Major
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
If you're not living up in the hills west of LA, southern Orange County, or San Diego you may as well GTFO. It's a dump full of people dependent on the government and their enablers.
And all the other states are sending their homeless to move into those enclaves, as we speak.
It's true there's so much homeless here now but I cent blame a liberal for it. I heard they come because it's sunny her so it's easier to live here on the street and other states put them on trains and send theem. Blame the sun and the shady ppl in other states
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 07:17 PM   #75
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's true there's so much homeless here now but I cent blame a liberal for it. I heard they come because it's sunny her so it's easier to live here on the street and other states put them on trains and send theem. Blame the sun and the shady ppl in other states
Who is putting them on trains???
Appreciate 1
vreihen161520.50

12-26-2019, 07:20 PM   #76
SoCalS2k
Major
Rep

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Someone with no principles that's for sure. Hard to find ppl with that anymore
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 07:24 PM   #77
hubbahubba
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So much for sunshine being the main driver. Plenty of chilly places on the list. What other common denominator can you come up with?

10 US Cities With The Largest Homeless Populations
Rank City Estimated Homeless Population
1 New York City 76,501
2 Los Angeles City & County 55,188
3 Seattle/King County 11,643
4 San Diego City & County 9,160
5 District of Columbia 7,473
6 San Jose/Santa Clara City & County 7,394
7 San Francisco 6,858
8 Las Vegas/Clark County 6,490
9 Boston 6,135
10 Philadelphia 5,693
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 07:26 PM   #78
SoCalS2k
Major
Rep

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbahubba View Post
Quote:
So much for sunshine being the main driver. Plenty of chilly places on the list. What other common denominator can you come up with?

10 US Cities With The Largest Homeless Populations
Rank City Estimated Homeless Population
1 New York City 76,501
2 Los Angeles City & County 55,188
3 Seattle/King County 11,643
4 San Diego City & County 9,160
5 District of Columbia 7,473
6 San Jose/Santa Clara City & County 7,394
7 San Francisco 6,858
8 Las Vegas/Clark County 6,490
9 Boston 6,135
10 Philadelphia 5,693
4 of the 10 are in California and 1 is just an out of state extension of California arguing for the sake of argument by fail lol
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 07:27 PM   #79
vreihen16
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
I'm laughing at the irony of California building high speed rail, apparently to move the homeless out of Sacramento and back to Los Angeles real fast.....

12-26-2019, 07:29 PM   #80
hubbahubba
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
4 of the 10 are in California and 1 is just an out of state extension of California arguing for the sake of argument by fail lol
Yet 2 of those 4 are not warm. That was your premise, right? LA and SD I can maybe buy, but SF and SJ? Nope.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 07:40 PM   #81
SoCalS2k
Major
Rep

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Yet 2 of those 4 are not warm. That was your premise, right? LA and SD I can maybe buy, but SF and SJ? Nope.
Well I guess we can argue what is considered warm since youvjusst want to argue for no reason. I actually agree with you I don't think California is warm, I think it's hot! But I bet you 99.99% of people will call any California city warm compared to ny, Philadelphia or Boston.

But hey if you need to win this fun argument then you win. California isn't warm. The republican in you is definitely a western state crazy republican lol
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 07:45 PM   #82
hubbahubba
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well I guess we can argue what is considered warm since youvjusst want to argue for no reason. I actually agree with you I don't think California is warm, I think it's hot! But I bet you 99.99% of people will call any California city warm compared to ny, Philadelphia or Boston.

But hey if you need to win this fun argument then you win. California isn't warm. The republican in you is definitely a western state crazy republican lol
Twist it any way that you see fit, but you're argument was totally bogus. We know why those cities have the largest homeless populations, even if you won't admit it. I will take the win, thank you.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 07:55 PM   #83
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan Turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Last week.
Pelosi's district.
At a Safeway grocery.
Are you saying homeless should poop outside without toilet paper? Whereís your decency? You should have pooped right next to that person to help them feel more at home. I mean why doesnít Safeway have a bathroom?
Appreciate 1
      12-26-2019, 08:14 PM   #84
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Quote:
I'm a right-leaning moderate who tries to understand both perspectives on issues.

With that being said, since moving to Southern California I've moved further right. This is the most over-taxed, overpriced, and overrated place I've seen in my life. You pay out of your ass to these Democrats who don't know how to manage the state.

Last week.
Pelosi's district.
At a Safeway grocery.
Did they bring their own TP or just grab some off the shelf?

Anyway. Who the fuck drops trail in a convenience store. People are SHOT!

I was a liberal when I was young and dumb. As I've matured the error of my ways became apparent.
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 12:52 AM   #85
AlpineWhite_SJ
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:

SF/SJ isnít warm to be sleeping on the streets by any measure, but itís still balmy compared to a lot of the rest of the country. And how is the reply indicating a western state crazy republican? I didnít see any reference to dumping your body in a ditch?
/// 2018 Alpine White on Black F80 M3 - 6MT ZCP ZEP / 3D Design billet handbrake lever, pedals, CF side skirts & rear diffuser / Sterckenn gloss black lip / IND alpine white front reflectors /// 2020 Donnington Grey on Black F97 X3MC ///
Appreciate 1
      12-27-2019, 07:46 AM   #86
other_evolved
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS

Quote:
Twist it any way that you see fit, but you're argument was totally bogus. We know why those cities have the largest homeless populations, even if you won't admit it. I will take the win, thank you.
Because they're the largest cities by population and homelessness tends to be drawn to large metro areas. There aren't a ton of homeless in Toledo because there aren't a ton of people there.

Oh, wait....sorry. It's because Democrats. I forgot homelessness boils down to one easy point that happens to make you feel good for your team.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 08:03 AM   #87
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by other_evolved View Post
Because they're the largest cities by population and homelessness tends to be drawn to large metro areas. There aren't a ton of homeless in Toledo because there aren't a ton of people there.

Oh, wait....sorry. It's because Democrats. I forgot homelessness boils down to one easy point that happens to make you feel good for your team.
Hmm.

US Population:
4. Houston
7. San Antonio
9. Dallas

This doesn't make me feel any which way. It's just a fact.
      12-27-2019, 08:07 AM   #88
other_evolved
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS

Quote:
Hmm.

US Population:
4. Houston
7. San Antonio
9. Dallas

This doesn't make me feel any which way. It's just a fact.
Houston - Democrat mayor
Dallas - Democrat mayor
SA - independent mayor

The point is that there are many contributing factors to an issue like homelessness. It doesn't all boil down to a political party.
Appreciate 0