BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-02-2020, 11:52 AM   #1
bimmer456
Major General
2082
Rep
5,469
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Pasadena, CA

iTrader: (0)

Hypersonic Missles

So apparently Russia and China have these new weapons and the US does not nor does it have a middle defense against them. Perhaps the Space Force branch of the military is supposed to address this like the defunct Star Wars from the Reagan era? What do you think is the US falling behind? It looks like we have more aircraft carriers than anyone else though. Surprised Russia and China only have one each and Russia's is being repaired due to fire. Didn't the Japanese have several carriers in WWII and they were supposed to make battleships obsolete.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 12:05 PM   #2
someguywithanm3
Private
someguywithanm3's Avatar
286
Rep
84
Posts

Drives: E92
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Cali

iTrader: (0)

I doubt the US will go to war with Russia or China any time soon.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 12:15 PM   #3
bimmer456
Major General
2082
Rep
5,469
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Pasadena, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguywithanm3 View Post
I doubt the US will go to war with Russia or China any time soon.
Seems silly to spend so much money on military expenditures for defense systems that will never likely be used in the name of deterrence. Everything is so we can use it as a bargaining chip and to show how advanced we are compared to the others.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 12:24 PM   #4
upstatedoc
pew pew
upstatedoc's Avatar
3743
Rep
2,008
Posts

Drives: blue streak
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: not downstate

iTrader: (2)

Hypersonic Missles

i'm going to launch one of these tonight. haven't seen gf in a week
__________________
2018 Stinger GT
1997 Toyota T100
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 9
MKSixer20139.00
Rmtt3768.50
Run Silent13324.50
unluky416.50
3GFX603.50
Dpc2u2277.50
Now_Rudi6870.50

      01-02-2020, 12:28 PM   #5
JP10
Captain
JP10's Avatar
650
Rep
634
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Do you really know that we have no defense against them? US is not falling behind. I'll leave it at that.
Appreciate 10
      01-02-2020, 12:29 PM   #6
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
20139
Rep
8,933
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
So apparently Russia and China have these new weapons and the US does not nor does it have a middle defense against them. Perhaps the Space Force branch of the military is supposed to address this like the defunct Star Wars from the Reagan era? What do you think is the US falling behind? It looks like we have more aircraft carriers than anyone else though. Surprised Russia and China only have one each and Russia's is being repaired due to fire. Didn't the Japanese have several carriers in WWII and they were supposed to make battleships obsolete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguywithanm3 View Post
I doubt the US will go to war with Russia or China any time soon.
No contest either way.

US vs Russia

https://www.globalfirepower.com/coun...Submit=COMPARE

US vs China

https://www.globalfirepower.com/coun...Submit=COMPARE
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt3768.50

      01-02-2020, 12:29 PM   #7
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
20139
Rep
8,933
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
i'm going to launch one of these tonight. haven't seen gf in a week
Wednesday. Wednesday.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 12:50 PM   #8
bimmer456
Major General
2082
Rep
5,469
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Pasadena, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
So apparently Russia and China have these new weapons and the US does not nor does it have a middle defense against them. Perhaps the Space Force branch of the military is supposed to address this like the defunct Star Wars from the Reagan era? What do you think is the US falling behind? It looks like we have more aircraft carriers than anyone else though. Surprised Russia and China only have one each and Russia's is being repaired due to fire. Didn't the Japanese have several carriers in WWII and they were supposed to make battleships obsolete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguywithanm3 View Post
I doubt the US will go to war with Russia or China any time soon.
No contest either way.

US vs Russia

https://www.globalfirepower.com/coun...Submit=COMPARE

US vs China

https://www.globalfirepower.com/coun...Submit=COMPARE
US should do more to reign in territorial expansion and ambitions of both countries. Russia annexed Crimea and is controlling the arctic region and China is expanding into the South China Sea well beyond its coastline and into Vietnam and Philippines waters as well as the Belt and Road initiative allowing them to sign 99 year leases on foreign territories when the countries they lend to can't pay back loans. Seems like predatory lending to me.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 01:53 PM   #9
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
13325
Rep
3,779
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
US should do more to reign in territorial expansion and ambitions of both countries.
Why? And with what money?

__________________
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer20139.00

      01-02-2020, 01:58 PM   #10
bimmer456
Major General
2082
Rep
5,469
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Pasadena, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
US should do more to reign in territorial expansion and ambitions of both countries.
Why? And with what money?

They are starting to come near the US East Coast who knows what else they're trying to do. With China they can use that as a bargaining chip in exchange for free trade.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 02:03 PM   #11
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
13325
Rep
3,779
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Are they? Care to tell me which country they have 'expanded' into (they being Russia or China) that is "near" the US East Coast? Cause I can't think of any.

Was it wrong for Russia to invade Crimea? Yup. What about China and the Spratly Islands, Taiwan, or current issues with the Hong Kong SAD? Yup - those were wrong too.

Is it the job of America to spend blood and treasure trying to rectify those wrongs? I fail to see how that is any of our damn business.
__________________
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer20139.00
vreihen161541.50

      01-02-2020, 02:21 PM   #12
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
9539
Rep
12,496
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
i'm going to launch one of these tonight. haven't seen gf in a week
She may not enjoy "hypersonic". Go slower, with a higher yield warhead......
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 2
upstatedoc3743.00
F32Fleet1712.50

      01-02-2020, 02:23 PM   #13
bimmer456
Major General
2082
Rep
5,469
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Pasadena, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Are they? Care to tell me which country they have 'expanded' into (they being Russia or China) that is "near" the US East Coast? Cause I can't think of any.

Was it wrong for Russia to invade Crimea? Yup. What about China and the Spratly Islands, Taiwan, or current issues with the Hong Kong SAD? Yup - those were wrong too.

Is it the job of America to spend blood and treasure trying to rectify those wrongs? I fail to see how that is any of our damn business.
Apparently one of there military vessels almost collided with a commercial ship just off the east coast while they were spying on us since their lights were turned off. Some of these countries are NATO allies so I'm all for them compensating us as we would them.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 02:33 PM   #14
UglyBuzzard
Baba Booey
UglyBuzzard's Avatar
United_States
5705
Rep
2,152
Posts

Drives: Use to be a X5 50i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Don't believe everything you see on the news. There is the media and there is the truth... especially, in a classified world.
We will be fine...
Appreciate 1
vreihen161541.50

      01-02-2020, 02:37 PM   #15
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
13325
Rep
3,779
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Apparently one of there military vessels almost collided with a commercial ship just off the east coast while they were spying on us since their lights were turned off. Some of these countries are NATO allies so I'm all for them compensating us as we would them.
I still fail to see how spy ship off our coast in international waters justifies us starting a war in another country?

I'm just not seeing where you are trying to go with all of this. I spent many years in the military and subsequently worked for a government agency with respect to HUMINT gathering missions. I am rather familiar with these theaters of operations and can't figure out what your post is trying to accomplish.

Care to expound on what your recommendations are?

__________________
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer20139.00

      01-02-2020, 02:51 PM   #16
bimmer456
Major General
2082
Rep
5,469
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Pasadena, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Apparently one of there military vessels almost collided with a commercial ship just off the east coast while they were spying on us since their lights were turned off. Some of these countries are NATO allies so I'm all for them compensating us as we would them.
I still fail to see how spy ship off our coast in international waters justifies us starting a war in another country?

I'm just not seeing where you are trying to go with all of this. I spent many years in the military and subsequently worked for a government agency with respect to HUMINT gathering missions. I am rather familiar with these theaters of operations and can't figure out what your post is trying to accomplish.

Care to expound on what your recommendations are?

We should expand our territory in Northern Syria to maintain the balance of power on the world stage and have access to the oil there. If they are expanding we should expand.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 02:55 PM   #17
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Joekerr's Avatar
5574
Rep
1,749
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi S6
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
She may not enjoy "hypersonic". Go slower, with a higher yield warhead......
Pretty sure its going to be a high yield warhead regardless of speed. A towel is where it is at upstatedoc
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
he's Canadian. By international law we all must worship him and all other products of the country.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 02:59 PM   #18
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Joekerr's Avatar
5574
Rep
1,749
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi S6
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
We should expand our territory in Northern Syria to maintain the balance of power on the world stage and have access to the oil there. If they are expanding we should expand.
So you don't think they were in the right to expand in Crimea and etc...but a second wrong by the US expanding in Syria would make things all right again eh?

Someone once said stupidity knows no bounds. I'm starting to believe it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
he's Canadian. By international law we all must worship him and all other products of the country.
Appreciate 2
Run Silent13324.50
SakhirM410011.00

      01-02-2020, 03:01 PM   #19
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
13325
Rep
3,779
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
We should expand our territory in Northern Syria to maintain the balance of power on the world stage and have access to the oil there. If they are expanding we should expand.
Uh.....no?

I'm not sure if you are trolling, just kidding, or just a moron.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
So you don't think they were in the right to expand in Crimea and etc...but a second wrong by the US expanding in Syria would make things all right again eh?

Someone once said stupidity knows no bounds. I'm starting to believe it.
^This.
__________________
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things.
Appreciate 1
SakhirM410011.00

      01-02-2020, 03:09 PM   #20
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Joekerr's Avatar
5574
Rep
1,749
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi S6
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Uh.....no?

I'm not sure if you are trolling, just kidding, or just a moron.






^This.
Out of all the options you've provided, I feel strongly that it is the latter. He is the only guy that made it onto my ignore list because I couldn't stand his posts. I took him off, because he made a few reasonable threads, and I thought he might be coming around.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
he's Canadian. By international law we all must worship him and all other products of the country.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent13324.50

      01-02-2020, 03:10 PM   #21
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
2573
Rep
3,007
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
So far Russians have harmed only themselves killing five scientists/technicians and poisoned a number of others with a controlled launch and impact in northern Russia of a new cruise type missile said to be the fastest ever.
In another missile test a diver was killed in an experiment gone wrong in the Arctic.
Appreciate 2
Run Silent13324.50
N54Yankee2218.00

      01-02-2020, 03:19 PM   #22
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
13325
Rep
3,779
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
So far Russians have harmed only themselves killing five scientists/technicians and poisoned a number of others with a controlled launch and impact in northern Russia of a new cruise type missile said to be the fastest ever.
In another missile test a diver was killed in an experiment gone wrong in the Arctic.
True - but according to the OP, we need to all cower in our bunkers because the world is about to end.

__________________
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer20139.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST