BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-07-2020, 12:57 PM   #1
floridaorange
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Why was Obama disliked so much?

I'd love to hear some opinions of what about Obama rubbed people so wrong. He seemed very steady to me, articulate, professional, kind, caring, intelligent.
I didn't agree with everything he did or whatever, but during his presidency were there really that many American's that had a strong dislike for him, but why? What was it that was so dislikeable? Harvard Law President? Community Organizer? Smug ivy leaguer? What was it?
      01-07-2020, 01:00 PM   #2
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 10
      01-07-2020, 01:10 PM   #3
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

'
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      01-07-2020, 01:18 PM   #4
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

At the time, I didn't agree with some of his foreign policy. Items that I now realize may actually have been BRILLIANT statesmanship. Bowing to other foreign leaders comes to mind.

"You can keep your Dr." and related efforts to make it a "tax" and not insurance for all. I'm interested in providing care for all US CITIZENS, but we went beyond that.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer19913.00

01-07-2020, 01:22 PM   #5
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
1) He weaponized the IRS and then actively targeted law abiding citizens simply due to their political beliefs.

2) He actually told business owners that "they didn't build that" and that the government was directly responsible for their success.

3) He told an industry that employs nearly a million people, mostly blue collar workers, that his goal was to bankrupt their industry and put them all out of a job.

4) He authorized the FBI to disseminate weapons to Mexican drug cartels which were subsequently used to kill Americans.

5) "If you like your doctor, you can keep him."

6) According to the ACLU there was a 64 percent growth in electronic spying by the United States government during Obama’s first term.

7) In May 2017, we also found out that Obama’s National Security Agency had been conducting illegal searches on Americans for years and was rebuked by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC). We didn’t hear about it sooner because the Obama administration covered it up.

8) Released over 500 prisoners of war from Gitmo, with nearly 250 of them going back and actively fighting Americans within 12 months.

9) dismemberment of unborn babies in abortion plus endorsed financial support for Planned Parenthood, which executes nearly 900 children daily.

10) Forty seven percent of the entire national debt was accumulated during his eight years in office

11) He alienated Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu repeatedly and jeopardized the future of Israel, one of our strongest allies, in recklessly granting billions to Iran with the empty assurance they would not proceed in developing the nuclear weapon they continue to build to "wipe Israel off the map."
      01-07-2020, 01:28 PM   #6
VisualEcho
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
I'd love to hear some opinions of what about Obama rubbed people so wrong. He seemed very steady to me, articulate, professional, kind, caring, intelligent.
I didn't agree with everything he did or whatever, but during his presidency were there really that many American's that had a strong dislike for him, but why? What was it that was so dislikeable? Harvard Law President? Community Organizer? Smug ivy leaguer? What was it?
You took the words right out of my mouth. I'll be the first to admit that I don't know the first thing about politics, so I usually just stay the hell out of all of it. But the fact is that no president, or presidency is or has been perfect, and some of the most beloved past presidents were utter trash behind closed doors (back when stuff was much easier to cover up), yet they are still popular to this day.

It's not so easy to be the President, I think, simply because every decision is good, and bad, it just depends on who you are which is which. It sucks, but there just isn't any right (amicable) answer to anything.

And yeah, I have to say it; I think a lot of the Obama protesters would take him back over Trump in the quickest of heartbeats.
      01-07-2020, 01:29 PM   #7
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
He talked a good game, but didn't back it up.
-ACA was a nightmare pleading to be repealed when the GOP took back power....except the GOP behind Trump couldn't get their act together (thanks freedom caucus)
-extremely naive foreign policy, ineffective in advancing American policy
-way to much use of executive orders
-complete lack of skill in implementing bipartisan solutions

Worst president since Nixon.....until Trump came along.
      01-07-2020, 01:31 PM   #8
VisualEcho
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
1) He weaponized the IRS and then actively targeted law abiding citizens simply due to their political beliefs.

2) He actually told business owners that "they didn't build that" and that the government was directly responsible for their success.

3) He told an industry that employs nearly a million people, mostly blue collar workers, that his goal was to bankrupt their industry and put them all out of a job.

4) He authorized the FBI to disseminate weapons to Mexican drug cartels which were subsequently used to kill Americans.

6) According to the ACLU there was a 64 percent growth in electronic spying by the United States government during Obamaís first term.

7) In May 2017, we also found out that Obamaís National Security Agency had been conducting illegal searches on Americans for years and was rebuked by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC). We didnít hear about it sooner because the Obama administration covered it up.

8) Released over 500 prisoners of war from Gitmo, with nearly 250 of them going back and actively fighting Americans within 12 months.

9) dismemberment of unborn babies in abortion plus endorsed financial support for Planned Parenthood, which executes nearly 900 children daily.

10) Forty seven percent of the entire national debt was accumulated during his eight years in office

11) He alienated Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu repeatedly and jeopardized the future of Israel, one of our strongest allies, in recklessly granting billions to Iran with the empty assurance they would not proceed in developing the nuclear weapon they continue to build to "wipe Israel off the map."
But how much of that was actually him? And how much of it was thought to be bad at the time, but is being shown to actually be good in retrospect? And had he not been in office, what worse things would probably have been done by the people running against him?

Do you not think it could have been much worse? Like Trump worse??

01-07-2020, 01:37 PM   #9
floridaorange
Major
United_States
Rep

Any sources for this one?

So he said something that was offensive? I don't know why but this feels out of context to me. Or I could be wrong.

Which industry?

That reads like a conspiracy theory more than a fact, why would anyone, let alone a US president give weapons to drug cartels?

6) According to the ACLU there was a 64 percent growth in electronic spying by the United States government during Obama’s first term.

Back when everyone and their Moms were using Facebook? Back then?

7) In May 2017, we also found out that Obama’s National Security Agency had been conducting illegal searches on Americans for years and was rebuked by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC). We didn’t hear about it sooner because the Obama administration covered it up.

I'm not ok with that.

I'm not ok with that.

Yuck - not ok obviously.

I'd like to see sources for that stat.

How so and why?

01-07-2020, 01:54 PM   #10
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: a light twin from Boeing.

Google "Obama bowing".

'nuff said.

R.
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2020, 01:58 PM   #11
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

In addition to Run Silent'sl list:

He allowed Holder and Lynch to run rampant to foster mistrust of Police. Police realized that that the White House first assumed any complaint against the police was valid.

He allowed Iran to be in a position that they took 150 Billion from the U.S and Europe (Nuclear Deal) to grow their terrorist organization.

He refused to confront Isis.

He allowed China to fck us.

He did not confront illegal immigration

He allowed NK to develop the Bomb and long range missles.

He was just a lazy President
Appreciate 3
      01-07-2020, 02:03 PM   #12
gjm120
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

Quote:

6) According to the ACLU there was a 64 percent growth in electronic spying by the United States government during Obamaís first term.

7) In May 2017, we also found out that Obamaís National Security Agency had been conducting illegal searches on Americans for years and was rebuked by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC). We didnít hear about it sooner because the Obama administration covered it up.

... and he was so well liked regardless. He was the country's opiate in that he instilled a feeling of warm coziness (trump is our methamphetamine). I have a relative who doesn't do much of anything for anybody yet is so liked. I refer to him as Obama. I'd love to be so loved just because .

Oh... and he won the Nobel Peace Prize for no apparent reason.

01-07-2020, 02:07 PM   #13
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:

Any sources for this one? Lots

So he said something that was offensive? I don't know why but this feels out of context to me. Or I could be wrong.

Which industry?

That reads like a conspiracy theory more than a fact, why would anyone, let alone a US president give weapons to drug cartels? Fast and furious scandal

I'm not ok with that.

I'm not ok with that.

Yuck - not ok obviously.

I'd like to see sources for that stat. Trump is much worse on that

How so and why? Who cares what Netanyahu thinks......
see above
      01-07-2020, 02:10 PM   #14
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post

He allowed Holder and Lynch to run rampant to foster mistrust of Police. Police realized that that the White House first assumed any complaint against the police was valid.

He allowed Iran to be in a position that they took 150 Billion from the U.S and Europe (Nuclear Deal) to grow their terrorist organization. It was Iran's own money, frozen back in 1980 or so

He refused to confront Isis. Um....he did.

He did not confront illegal immigration He actually ramped up ICE and deportation

He allowed NK to develop the Bomb and long range missles. OK, he and everyboy else. Only a war would have avoided this.

Trump sure does play a lot more golf.........
See above

01-07-2020, 02:12 PM   #15
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
There isn't enough popcorn on the planet for this one.

Run Silent x 1,000.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 4
Run Silent13229.50
cmyx6go3561.50

01-07-2020, 02:28 PM   #16
bd307
Chef
Rep
Drives: Things with wheels or no wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post
... and he was so well liked regardless. He was the country's opiate in that he instilled a feeling of warm coziness (trump is our methamphetamine). I have a relative who doesn't do much of anything for anybody yet is so liked. I refer to him as Obama. I'd love to be so loved just because .

If you did't do anything and just sat there, you wouldn't get into trouble. If you didn't get into trouble, people would for it.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 02:34 PM   #17
floridaorange
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Worst president since Nixon.....until Trump came along.

Wow. That's some perspective!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post

That's also interesting - I kind of see what you're saying actually. These are the kinds of perspectives I was curious to learn more about. I think you might be on to something.

01-07-2020, 03:40 PM   #18
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
You asked for sources - enjoy!

Quote:

Any sources for this one?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyph.../#699bb89bcd1f

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lois_Lerner

Which industry?

https://www.politico.com/story/2012/...in-2012-074892

https://www.politifact.com/ohio/stat...d-bankrupt-co/

https://money.cnn.com/2015/08/03/inv...nge/index.html

That reads like a conspiracy theory more than a fact, why would anyone, let alone a US president give weapons to drug cartels?

https://www.nationalreview.com/2016/...first-scandal/

https://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision...ealed-17352963

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-plan-keep-it/

https://www.csoonline.com/article/22...ok-office.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...lance/2412885/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_...llance_program)

I'm not ok with that.

No one is, it is super slimy

I'm not ok with that.

No one is, it is super slimy

Yuck - not ok obviously.

Nope - it isn't. He also said during a speech, and I quote, "Thank God for planned parenthood" - What the F?

I'd like to see sources for that stat.

https://www.justfacts.com/nationaldebt.asp

https://www.thebalance.com/national-...-obama-3306293

https://www.politifact.com/new-jerse...evious-43-pre/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nationa...n-under-obama/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...637_story.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-33521655

How so and why?
Conissah873.50

01-07-2020, 03:44 PM   #19
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Plus he was a racist.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 04:11 PM   #20
SoCalS2k
Major
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Republicans hated him from day #1. I never heard so much racist stuff from ppl in my life. That stuff doesn't make it to the news but the truth of why they hated him was obvious.

But that was ok because the other half of the country liked him so that was normal.

But then when Obama caved into the crazy war ppl and increased war in Middle East then a lot of supporters left him and only far left liberals were left to like him and Middle ppl and anti war either didn't care anymore or disliked him

It's kinda like now a lot of anti war ppl have left trump so he's left with only crazy neo con ppl to support him so he will also go down as being very disliked
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 04:26 PM   #21
VisualEcho
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post

He allowed Iran to be in a position that they took 150 Billion from the U.S and Europe (Nuclear Deal) to grow their terrorist organization.

He refused to confront Isis.

He did not confront illegal immigration

He allowed NK to develop the Bomb and long range missles.

I mean, this list sounds like you think he deliberately tried to do things that were not in the country's best interest, and I just refuse to believe that. Undoubtedly he had a bigger perspective on these things than you did, and maybe from his chair the decisions made more sense. But since you've never sat in his chair, like the rest of us, none of them make sense.

And honestly, has everything in your life worked out exactly how you thought, even when you made the most reasonable decision? I know it hasn't in mine.
      01-07-2020, 04:43 PM   #22
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:

6) According to the ACLU there was a 64 percent growth in electronic spying by the United States government during Obama's first term.

7) In May 2017, we also found out that Obama's National Security Agency had been conducting illegal searches on Americans for years and was rebuked by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC). We didn't hear about it sooner because the Obama administration covered it up.

Excellent list but I think my biggest reason wasn't mentioned.

As our country's first black President he had an opportunity like no one else to help reduce racial devisions. Instead, his actions and rhetoric accelerated this divide.

There's a good reason Nelson Mandela is regarded as a great leader. He wasn't vindictive. He embraced his political adversaries. President Obama did the exact opposite.