Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
More:

President Obama's corrupt gun walking scandal (Operation Fast and Furious) literally resulted in the death of a Border Patrol agent Brian Terry, and at least 150 Mexicans. The goal was to infringe on our right to defend ourselves by orchestrating chaos that he hoped would lead to anti-gun legislation.

What a DICK move.
      01-07-2020, 04:53 PM   #24
Dog Face Pony Soldier
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
I don't even think my dislike should be put in the past tense as it is in the title of this thread. I still think he was a disaster of a President that history won't be kind to.
      01-07-2020, 04:54 PM   #25
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
More:

President Obama's corrupt gun walking scandal (Operation Fast and Furious) literally resulted in the death of a Border Patrol agent Brian Terry, and at least 150 Mexicans. The goal was to infringe on our right to defend ourselves by orchestrating chaos that he hoped would lead to anti-gun legislation.

What a DICK move.
It was an operation gone bad. It wasn't aimed as fodder for an anti-gun legislation movement.

01-07-2020, 04:56 PM   #26
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan Turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
1) He weaponized the IRS and then actively targeted law abiding citizens simply due to their political beliefs.

2) He actually told business owners that "they didn't build that" and that the government was directly responsible for their success.

3) He told an industry that employs nearly a million people, mostly blue collar workers, that his goal was to bankrupt their industry and put them all out of a job.

4) He authorized the FBI to disseminate weapons to Mexican drug cartels which were subsequently used to kill Americans.

5) "If you like your doctor, you can keep him."

6) According to the ACLU there was a 64 percent growth in electronic spying by the United States government during Obamaís first term.

7) In May 2017, we also found out that Obamaís National Security Agency had been conducting illegal searches on Americans for years and was rebuked by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC). We didnít hear about it sooner because the Obama administration covered it up.

8) Released over 500 prisoners of war from Gitmo, with nearly 250 of them going back and actively fighting Americans within 12 months.

9) dismemberment of unborn babies in abortion plus endorsed financial support for Planned Parenthood, which executes nearly 900 children daily.

10) Forty seven percent of the entire national debt was accumulated during his eight years in office

11) He alienated Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu repeatedly and jeopardized the future of Israel, one of our strongest allies, in recklessly granting billions to Iran with the empty assurance they would not proceed in developing the nuclear weapon they continue to build to "wipe Israel off the map."
Donít forget about the money he gave to Iran, and essentially acknowledging it could be used for terror.
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2020, 05:03 PM   #27
grocerylist
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Garage List
2016 BMW M235i  [0.00]
You could make this post for every President during my lifetime.

Carter, Reagan, GHWBush, Clinton, GWBush, Obama and Trump... When was the last good President, that was also generally liked by everyone?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 05:11 PM   #28
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan Turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerylist View Post
You could make this post for every President during my lifetime.

Carter, Reagan, GHWBush, Clinton, GWBush, Obama and Trump... When was the last good President, that was also generally liked by everyone?
At least Obama kept the guy Trump ordered killed on the kill list.....
https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...n-deal/q-and-a
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 05:21 PM   #29
Joe-T
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F16 X6

Quote:
1) He weaponized the IRS and then actively targeted law abiding citizens simply due to their political beliefs.

Any sources for this one?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyph.../#699bb89bcd1f

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lois_Lerner

2) He actually told business owners that "they didn't build that" and that the government was directly responsible for their success.

So he said something that was offensive? I don't know why but this feels out of context to me. Or I could be wrong.

3) He told an industry that employs nearly a million people, mostly blue collar workers, that his goal was to bankrupt their industry and put them all out of a job.

Which industry?

https://www.politico.com/story/2012/...in-2012-074892

https://www.politifact.com/ohio/stat...d-bankrupt-co/

https://money.cnn.com/2015/08/03/inv...nge/index.html

4) He authorized the FBI to disseminate weapons to Mexican drug cartels which were subsequently used to kill Americans.

That reads like a conspiracy theory more than a fact, why would anyone, let alone a US president give weapons to drug cartels?

https://www.nationalreview.com/2016/...first-scandal/

https://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision...ealed-17352963

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal

5) "If you like your doctor, you can keep him."

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-plan-keep-it/

6) According to the ACLU there was a 64 percent growth in electronic spying by the United States government during Obamaís first term.

Back when everyone and their Moms were using Facebook? Back then?

https://www.csoonline.com/article/22...ok-office.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...lance/2412885/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_...llance_program)

7) In May 2017, we also found out that Obamaís National Security Agency had been conducting illegal searches on Americans for years and was rebuked by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC). We didnít hear about it sooner because the Obama administration covered it up.

I'm not ok with that.

No one is, it is super slimy

8) Released over 500 prisoners of war from Gitmo, with nearly 250 of them going back and actively fighting Americans within 12 months.

I'm not ok with that.

No one is, it is super slimy

9) dismemberment of unborn babies in abortion plus endorsed financial support for Planned Parenthood, which executes nearly 900 children daily.

Yuck - not ok obviously.

Nope - it isn't. He also said during a speech, and I quote, "Thank God for planned parenthood" - What the F?

10) Forty seven percent of the entire national debt was accumulated during his eight years in office

I'd like to see sources for that stat.

https://www.justfacts.com/nationaldebt.asp

https://www.thebalance.com/national-...-obama-3306293

https://www.politifact.com/new-jerse...evious-43-pre/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nationa...n-under-obama/

11) He alienated Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu repeatedly and jeopardized the future of Israel, one of our strongest allies, in recklessly granting billions to Iran with the empty assurance they would not proceed in developing the nuclear weapon they continue to build to "wipe Israel off the map."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...637_story.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-33521655

How so and why?
UN-POSSIBLE... because he said this. We are probably the first administration in modern history that hasn't had a major scandal in the Whitehouse"

and again, lets not forget that the 2016 Election that the Russians interfered
HAPPENED UNDER OBAMA'S WATCH,

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 05:28 PM   #30
quick6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M6,BMW M340i

In answer to your question, he wasn't unpopular. His approval ratings were and remain quite high-I believe 65%.
He is unpopular on this forum, that's for sure.
Appreciate 2
vtown60.00

01-07-2020, 06:14 PM   #31
Dog Face Pony Soldier
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by quick6 View Post
In answer to your question, he wasn't unpopular. His approval ratings were and remain quite high-I believe 65%.
He is unpopular on this forum, that's for sure.
As much as I'm not a fan; I agree.
      01-07-2020, 07:25 PM   #32
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
Donít forget about the money he gave to Iran, and essentially acknowledging it could be used for terror.
I donít think Iím going out on a limb saying, those missiles inbound to our bases tonight were likely built courtesy of obomas generous donation to Iranís war chest. Piece of shit.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.Ē Samuel Adams
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2020, 07:26 PM   #33
Gesler
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e90 6MT

This.

Empty words and king of rhetoric. Constant promises of change while campaigning and ultimately proved himself to be the greatest of the career politicians in Washington.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
He talked a good game, but didn't back it up.
-ACA was a nightmare pleading to be repealed when the GOP took back power....except the GOP behind Trump couldn't get their act together (thanks freedom caucus)
-extremely naive foreign policy, ineffective in advancing American policy
-way to much use of executive orders
-complete lack of skill in implementing bipartisan solutions

Worst president since Nixon.....until Trump came along.
Appreciate 1
      01-08-2020, 10:10 AM   #34
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

ummm lets just cut all the bullshit and stop beating behind the bush...
Most Americans are racist and the reason Obama was hated was because he is black and mostly white Americans hated the fact that we had a black leader.

Instead, they prefer a leader more like themselves... Enter Trump a leader who lies, arrogant enough to think he is perfect, deceptive, thinks about himself, communicates on a elementary school level, etc. etc.
SoCalS2k386.50

01-08-2020, 11:00 AM   #35
AlpineWhite_SJ
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
Most Americans are racist and the reason Obama was hated was because he is black and mostly white Americans hated the fact that we had a black leader.

Instead, they prefer a leader more like themselves... Enter Trump a leader who lies, arrogant enough to think he is perfect, deceptive, thinks about himself, communicates on a elementary school level, etc. etc.
Don't mind he was black at all. Condescending, smug, "the great divider", quick to weigh in on racial issues without all the facts, refused to cross the aisle and expanded use of executive orders, naive apologist foreign policy, said one thing and did another (drone campaign, illegal immigration), pledged transparency and then behaved like any other administration if not worse...
/// 2018 Alpine White on Black F80 M3 - 6MT ZCP ZEP / 3D Design billet handbrake lever, pedals, CF side skirts & rear diffuser / Sterckenn gloss black lip / IND alpine white front reflectors /// 2020 Donnington Grey on Black F97 X3MC ///
Appreciate 5
      01-08-2020, 11:30 AM   #36
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:

First time Iíve seen you post here and you sure come out wildly swinging donít you. That is such a caustic statement you made and not really worthy of a response more than that. There would be no point in trying to have a discussion.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.Ē Samuel Adams
Appreciate 5
Rmtt3768.50
MKSixer20139.00
cmyx6go3593.00

01-08-2020, 01:22 PM   #37
Kzang
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
First time I’ve seen you post here and you sure come out wildly swinging don’t you. That is such a caustic statement you made and not really worthy of a response more than that. There would be no point in trying to have a discussion.
I'm typically in the X5 section and occasionally browse the political forums as I have done in the past. I'm a member here since 2009... so don't spout about me being new here. Typically, I stay quiet in the Political forums unless I feel the need to say something. This is something I needed to say because it is true IMO.
      01-08-2020, 01:36 PM   #38
cmyx6go
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X6 ///M

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:

Seriously? So if you don't like Obama, you're a racist and if you voted for Trump you're arrogant, deceptive and stupid? That's a pretty broad brush stroke which is a reflection of why there is such a divide in this country. And sounds pretty damn racist.

I'm a white woman. I voted for Obama twice. And yes, I also voted for Trump. I don't vote party lines. I don't vote based on the color of someone's skin. I don't care if you're purple, or in this case orange. I vote for who I believe is the best choice at the time. Unfortunately, sometimes you have to vote for the lesser of two evils.
      01-08-2020, 01:39 PM   #39
Dog Face Pony Soldier
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Most Americans are racist...
I feel sorry for you. Really.
      01-08-2020, 01:40 PM   #40
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:

He won the popular vote twice by a huge margin. The majority of those voters were white. With that data, how do you come to the assumption that most Americans are racist?
Appreciate 5
      01-08-2020, 01:46 PM   #41
hubbahubba
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

Math is hard.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 01:51 PM   #42
Kzang
Major General
Rep

I guess reading comprehension is lost in this thread... This is my opinion... If you disagree.... move on. If you agree, clap your hands. Not so hard to do, is it?

01-08-2020, 01:55 PM   #43
cmyx6go
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X6 ///M

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:
I guess reading comprehension is lost in this thread... This is my opinion... If you disagree.... move on. If you agree, clap your hands. Not so hard to do, is it?
Sorry, you don't get off the hook that easy on this one. All posts in in this forum are fair game. You made a BOLD statement/assumption. Being you don't post here much I'll give you a heads up. Do not expect someone who doesn't agree with you to move on.

01-08-2020, 02:07 PM   #44
Kzang
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Sorry, you don't get off the hook that easy on this one. All posts in in this forum are fair game. You made a BOLD statement/assumption. Being you don't post here much I'll give you a heads up. Do not expect someone who doesn't agree with you to move on.

Based on my observation over the last 40+ years of my life living in the south and up here in the north, I've formed my opinion why Obama was hated or disliked. Maybe it's bold to you or anyone else because most people wouldn't cut the bullcrap like I did and avoid telling the truth. Just like racist people who always pull the "I've got a black friend card" response when they are accused of being racist. Or, I've voted for Obama! It's tiresome... Everyone needs to get real.