BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-20-2020, 10:29 AM   #45
Viperz7
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 30d; Audi A6 3.0Tdi
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: India

iTrader: (0)

Thumbs up Exclusivity for the X5

The sky lounge is definitely worth it. It gives the car interior more character and really makes it come alive during the night. Just go ahead and get it on you list of options.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 11:18 AM   #46
Carbonx5
New Member
20
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: S4
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

I've learned from prior car purchases that if it's something I might remotely want in the future and the cost as an add on initially is significantly less than adding it as an aftermarket piece than I should get it if I can afford it. I've been burned by not getting GPS, reverse cameras, Led headlights etc and wanting them later when it's immensly expensive to add on.

Basically, if you think it's cool and if it's gonna bug you every time you look up that it's not there, get it if the difference in price is not crazy compared to what you've already added on.

My kids love looking at it
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 11:48 AM   #47
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
RVAGuy's Avatar
United_States
143
Rep
412
Posts

Drives: ‘20 X5/M50i (ordered); &
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Richmond, VA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonx5 View Post
I've learned from prior car purchases that if it's something I might remotely want in the future and the cost as an add on initially is significantly less than adding it as an aftermarket piece than I should get it if I can afford it. I've been burned by not getting GPS, reverse cameras, Led headlights etc and wanting them later when it's immensly expensive to add on.

Basically, if you think it's cool and if it's gonna bug you every time you look up that it's not there, get it if the difference in price is not crazy compared to what you've already added on.

My kids love looking at it
I agree. I would much prefer having something I don't initially want than regretting later not getting something I may want. Also, on two occasions I've had options come with a vehicle that I originally questioned their existence and subsequently learned to love: heads up display and soft close doors. My take away, never say never.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 12:46 PM   #48
CMBX23
Private
CMBX23's Avatar
29
Rep
99
Posts

Drives: 19' X5 50 M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: CT/NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I know this is a long shot but does Anyone know if there's any chance of getting this installed after not having it initially in the build?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 01:05 PM   #49
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
RVAGuy's Avatar
United_States
143
Rep
412
Posts

Drives: ‘20 X5/M50i (ordered); &
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Richmond, VA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMBX23 View Post
I know this is a long shot but does Anyone know if there's any chance of getting this installed after not having it initially in the build?
Have you taken delivery or is vehicle on order?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 01:09 PM   #50
CMBX23
Private
CMBX23's Avatar
29
Rep
99
Posts

Drives: 19' X5 50 M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: CT/NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAGuy View Post
Have you taken delivery or is vehicle on order?
Iíve taken delivery, itís a 19í so Iím not sure it was an option when I got it. I really would like to have it though, very nice feature
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 01:47 PM   #51
Twickers
Private
26
Rep
96
Posts

Drives: X5 40i on the way
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Apologies if this has been covered but is there a way of switching it off whilst having the cabin mood lighting on?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 04:24 PM   #52
mobilejo
Major
mobilejo's Avatar
United Kingdom
402
Rep
1,201
Posts

Drives: G06 X6 40i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twickers View Post
Apologies if this has been covered but is there a way of switching it off whilst having the cabin mood lighting on?
I think if you close the sunshade even just a tiny amount (i.e. 99% open still), the sky lounge lights go off. Don't quote me on that though but I'm sure I remember it doing that.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST