BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-21-2021, 08:47 AM   #1
Bob@Stews
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5, 2018 Jaguar F Pace

Navigation Auto Zoom Settings?

Just made my first long road trip with my X5 from Long Island to see the Mouse in Florida. The X5 (2021) was flawless and drove like a champ in both the sun and the rain. Very happy with it. One question with the navigation system though...I like the auto zoom feature of the system as when you slow down it zooms in to get a closer look at things but one thing I didn't like was out on the open road moving along at a good clip it then zooms out, and I mean way out to the 100 or 250 mile range. Makes the map kind of useless as it's showing me half of the country! While I'm driving along on the east coast it is showing me a map that includes the mid west and beyond. I really don't need to see where I'm located as a little dot in the entire country! Is there any way to set the maximum range that the auto zoom will zoom in and out of? I know I can use the manual setting but then it just remains on that scale all the time. The navigation on the HUD is really nice! I also used Waze set up for audible alerts only to get any hazard or police warnings. Just wondering about the zoom!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 09:07 AM   #2
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
no zoom-specific limits can be set unfortunately
Appreciate 0