BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-27-2018, 06:28 PM   #23
lumpydog
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
To repeat my earlier post, I have .43 and have all the apps shown in the photos in post #13.
Crazy - and I am missing almost all of those apps. Same software version as you. Anyone else only seeing Service Request and BMW Assist in Apps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
My primary software problem is with the ApplePay distraction when my iPX is in the charging cradle.
I took the lesser of two evils route and removed the payment methods/credit cards from my Apple wallet. Voila - no more issue. I can use credit cards instead and am much happier not dealing with Apple Pay popping up in my X5 every time. It will get fixed on the X5 and I'll add the cards back to my Apple Wallet.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2018, 08:43 AM   #24
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpydog View Post
Crazy - and I am missing almost all of those apps. Same software version as you. Anyone else only seeing Service Request and BMW Assist in Apps?
This is what I have (or had last night have not checked to day) I am on version 48 I think if I remember correctly.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2018, 04:12 PM   #25
Xeno
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 M Sport 5.0i

I just wanted to report that I finally resolved my wife getting her fully functioning Connected app.

I had been getting the request to provide a code so yesterday at the dealer I told my CA to add my wife as secondary. I had to provide an email address, her full name, and a phone number.

My wife's connected app did not work when I checked it last night about 7 pm. However, today around 2 pm, I picked up her phone and suddenly the Connected app was fully functional. In other words, I did not have to enter a code to get it to work.

My memory is not reliable on whether the same scenario played out when I first setup the ESA and got my Connected app to work.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2018, 06:40 PM   #26
lumpydog
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkillrob View Post
This is what I have (or had last night have not checked to day) I am on version 48 I think if I remember correctly.
I spoke to a Genius today about this missing apps issue and they seemed pretty unaware of any issue/solution here. Walked me through OTA update and hard reboot of iDrive. I let him know I had tried that multipole time already and many others were having issues in the popular X5 forums.

My advice to the owners in this forum - call the Geniuses with ANY issues. Just because we talk about them and know about them here doesn't mean they are aware and are feeling the pain. This stuff can be fixed.

Example - Genius knew of the Apple Pay issue very well and said it was very close to being addressed.

Call them and push them to address the other issues as well: 844-443-6487
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 12:10 PM   #27
Surge1
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Quote:
I spoke to a Genius today about this missing apps issue and they seemed pretty unaware of any issue/solution here. Walked me through OTA update and hard reboot of iDrive. I let him know I had tried that multipole time already and many others were having issues in the popular X5 forums.

My advice to the owners in this forum - call the Geniuses with ANY issues. Just because we talk about them and know about them here doesn't mean they are aware and are feeling the pain. This stuff can be fixed.

Example - Genius knew of the Apple Pay issue very well and said it was very close to being addressed.

Picked up my x5 yesterday. Dealership messed up my email address so the phone app does not connect to the car. Called the Genius hotline - they said that they have to put a ticket to IT which can take a few days to fix.

So same conclusion as above - activation code system does not currently work and you have to call it in.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 02:10 PM   #28
iknowdjz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Picked up my x5 yesterday. Dealership messed up my email address so the phone app does not connect to the car. Called the Genius hotline - they said that they have to put a ticket to IT which can take a few days to fix.

So same conclusion as above - activation code system does not currently work and you have to call it in.
Same exact thing happened to me. They put my email in wrong, sent an IT ticket in yesterday to adjust after spending 60 min on the phone with BMW Assist.

How long did it take for them to correct the issue after they submitted the ticket?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 12:44 PM   #29
Dex05
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2019 - White/Beige

After upgrading to 07/2019.55 I don't get the code to link up Connected Drive for my wife as secondary subscriber. I tried to reboot Drive, Deleting both profiles (mine and hers) but code still not coming to the car.

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 09:05 PM   #30
jcmbmw
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 XLine

I'm having a similar issue. Going to dealer tomorrow so I'll report back.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 11:22 AM   #31
Dex05
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2019 - White/Beige

Fixed for me by calling BMW assist. They will connect it for you without need to have the code.

Appreciate 0