11-13-2019, 11:25 AM   #23
ted920
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 40i, Lexus GS 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kief View Post
No, still bad
And do they really say that...I think you're confusing one's first choice, not offer
Are the wheels and tires still available?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 11:27 AM   #24
Kief
Major General
Rep
Drives: '24 iX50; '23 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted920 View Post
Are the wheels and tires still available?
Not you now too!
'24-I20 iX 50; '23-G26 i4 M50; '22-G82 M4Cx*;20-G05 M50i*; '20-F82 M4CS*; '18-F80 M3CS*; '18-F80 M3CS*; '18-F85 X5M*; '18-G01 X3M40i*; '18-F80 M3ZCP*; '17-F80 M3ZCP*; '15-F15 X5*; '15-F82 M4*; '12-E92 335is*; '11-E70 X5d; '11-E89 Z435is*;'09-E89 Z435i*; '08-E92 335i*; '06-E90 330i*; '05-E83 X3*; '04-E83 X3*; '03-E46 325Ci* *retired
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 01:12 PM   #25
GSG5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5MC (MBB/SS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Why don't you do the replacement?
On this G05 is very easy compared to the F15 X5.
This is an old post, I know. Sounds like you've done the front reflector replacement yourself on a G05? I have an F95 incoming in April and just ordered the paint-matched reflector replacements. How difficult is install? I assume it will be the same as the G05 in terms of difficulty. I think the company I bought it from recommends a dealer install it, but just curious if that's for liability reasons or because it's actually a fair amount of work (removing fender, etc.).

Thanks for any insight.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12803.00
      03-05-2020, 01:25 PM   #26
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSG5 View Post
This is an old post, I know. Sounds like you've done the front reflector replacement yourself on a G05? I have an F95 incoming in April and just ordered the paint-matched reflector replacements. How difficult is install? I assume it will be the same as the G05 in terms of difficulty. I think the company I bought it from recommends a dealer install it, but just curious if that's for liability reasons or because it's actually a fair amount of work (removing fender, etc.).

Thanks for any insight.
I sell parts and do work on cars.

I have done a few on G05 X5 and G07 X7 which are the same design.
I would say F95 X5M will be the same.
Unfortunately I can't confirm yet since F95 X5M parts catalog still not available. Even through the one that I subscribed to.

But, if it is the same as G05 X5, you will need to unclip the 1/3 of the front part of fender flare, undo 2x one-time use plastic rivet, then you'll have room to access the reflector.

G05 X5 and G07 X7 fender flare are just held by clips and locking tabs.
So, you can always remove it off the car to have better room to work.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 01:37 PM   #27
GSG5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Unfortunately I can't confirm yet since F95 X5M parts catalog still not available. Even through the one that I subscribed to.

But, if it is the same as G05 X5, you will need to unclip the 1/3 of the front part of fender flare, undo 2x one-time use plastic rivet, then you'll have room to access the reflector.

Thanks for the prompt reply. This seems manageable. Sounds like I may need a couple plastic rivets if they are one-time use only. Unless the replacement pieces come with them. Thanks again.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12803.00
      03-05-2020, 03:03 PM   #28
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the prompt reply. This seems manageable. Sounds like I may need a couple plastic rivets if they are one-time use only. Unless the replacement pieces come with them. Thanks again.
My kit that I sells includes the rivets.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 05:15 PM   #29
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36, E46, E90, G05 and MB W205

Quote:
Do you have a part number for the rivets? I installed the body color piece after removing the reflectors and without removing the rivets but it was a pain in the ass and I was able to remove the reflectors successfully but I was so done by that time that I didn't have the patience to install the reflector replacements properly and so now they sit about 5 mm below the fender surface. Not a big deal until I get the car detailed and that is when the wax shows up by making a border around it lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 05:30 PM   #30
GSG5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Nice. Maybe the ones I bought from IND come with the replacement rivets....guess I’ll find out next week when they arrive.

Interestingly, I just talked to the BMW dealership that I’m buying my F95 from to see if they wouldn’t mind just installing them for me when my car arrives. They said no! They were worried they may accidentally damage the car, which I find kind of ironic since these are OEM and IND recommends that an authorized BMW dealer install them. This install seems like it should be a lay-up for the dealer, especially one you’re buying a car from. Crazy.

I talked to BMW repair place in town and they thought it should be no problem. We’ll see.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12803.00
      03-05-2020, 05:35 PM   #31
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by samvora View Post
Do you have a part number for the rivets? I installed the body color piece after removing the reflectors and without removing the rivets but it was a pain in the ass and I was able to remove the reflectors successfully but I was so done by that time that I didn't have the patience to install the reflector replacements properly and so now they sit about 5 mm below the fender surface. Not a big deal until I get the car detailed and that is when the wax shows up by making a border around it lol.

Quote:
Nice. Maybe the ones I bought from IND come with the replacement rivets....guess I’ll find out next week when they arrive.

Interestingly, I just talked to the BMW dealership that I’m buying my F95 from to see if they wouldn’t mind just installing them for me when my car arrives. They said no! They were worried they may accidentally damage the car, which I find kind of ironic since these are OEM and IND recommends that an authorized BMW dealer install them. This install seems like it should be a lay-up for the dealer, especially one you’re buying a car from. Crazy.

I talked to BMW repair place in town and they thought it should be no problem. We’ll see.
I believe IND set comes with rivets.
I've installed some of theirs for a customer.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 05:46 PM   #32
jpichardo91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3Cx / 2020 BMW x5 M50i

Quote:

I bought the IND ones and they do not come with rivets, you have to add the rivets when you are buying online from them, its $10 extra I believe.

I added them but the installer who fitted them on my X5 didnt use them , he said the old ones didn’t break and he just re used those since they were perfectly fine.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12803.00
      03-05-2020, 08:41 PM   #33
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36, E46, E90, G05 and MB W205

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by samvora View Post

Quote:

I believe IND set comes with rivets.
I've installed some of theirs for a customer.
No They did they did not.I'm not sure if they've started i'm not sure if they've started now
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12803.00