BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-26-2019, 09:48 AM   #1
kkpat
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 x40i

Automatic parking break

Is there a way to apply parking break automatically when you put the car in parking? My F-Pace used to do that. Just curious!
I know it auto releases the parking breaks when you accelerate the car but trying to find a way to apply auto breaks in parking without pulling the break switch.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 08:42 AM   #2
hkleyman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkpat View Post
Is there a way to apply parking break automatically when you put the car in parking? My F-Pace used to do that. Just curious!
I know it auto releases the parking breaks when you accelerate the car but trying to find a way to apply auto breaks in parking without pulling the break switch.
I believe if you push the start stop engine button instead of using the park button it will do all three, shift to park, apply parking brake, and shut off engine.
Appreciate 1
kkpat44.00
      11-08-2019, 10:18 AM   #3
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 30d M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkleyman View Post
I believe if you push the start stop engine button instead of using the park button it will do all three, shift to park, apply parking brake, and shut off engine.
It does that, but I THINK it is linked to the Auto-Hold setting. If you have AH on, it will do it -- if AH is off, it won't and you have to manually set the parking break.

Which is rather annoying, as AH is the only setting that is NOT saved in the driver profile and I always want it on, and my wife always want it off! Had a few scares because of that already...