11-27-2019, 09:44 PM   #45
vink
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5C, 2020 BMW X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
Thank you for explaining all that. I do have one more question:

our dealer arrived at the "250 above invoice price" based on a dealer model discount AND including the 1250 customer loyalty bonus. I thought that BMWNA kicked in the 1250 loyalty bonus and not the dealership itself. Should we go ask them to give us $250 above invoice as the dealer discount and then give is the loyalty bonus on top of it given that it doesnt come out of their end?
Invoice price is just a reference dealers use to tell you that they are only making $250 off this deal. That's not true at all. If you read through the forums on discounts, members are getting around 10% plus on 2020 models before incentives with base MF of 0.00128. If your car is around 87k, you should be getting the car at $78300 - $1250= $77000 and additional lease credit if applicable. If he doesn't budge then walk away and wait for his call. Wait till Mid December and the dealers get more desperate to move the vehicles off the lot.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 09:44 PM   #46
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Thank you for explaining all that. I do have one more question:

our dealer arrived at the "250 above invoice price" based on a dealer model discount AND including the 1250 customer loyalty bonus. I thought that BMWNA kicked in the 1250 loyalty bonus and not the dealership itself. Should we go ask them to give us $250 above invoice as the dealer discount and then give is the loyalty bonus on top of it given that it doesnt come out of their end?
The loyalty is a BMW incentive and does not come out of the dealer's pocket. You can ignore invoice pricing, it is meaningless in most instances since there are dealer holdbacks in which they pay less than invoice for the vehicle. Just negotiate a discount you are comfortable with and then subtract and incentives you may qualify for.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 10:13 PM   #47
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vink View Post
Invoice price is just a reference dealers use to tell you that they are only making $250 off this deal. That's not true at all. If you read through the forums on discounts, members are getting around 10% plus on 2020 models before incentives with base MF of 0.00128. If your car is around 87k, you should be getting the car at $78300 - $1250= $77000 and additional lease credit if applicable. If he doesn't budge then walk away and wait for his call. Wait till Mid December and the dealers get more desperate to move the vehicles off the lot.

okay wow thank you for telling me all of that. The issue is that they are claiming that they only have *one* of these models on the lot that is equipped as well as it is (it just came in yesterday). They are also saying they won't be getting any more models similarly equipped (the next highest model on order is one with a srp of $73,000), and that the spartanburg plant isnt making anymore x5s this year, for whatever reason (the same reason he said we cant get an allocation to build a new car before this year ends).

So if they don't budge, I have a situation where my mom is going out of the country for 3 weeks. She wont be back till around Christmas, and then we can either go back to this dealer and hope they are more in a negotiating mood if this model is still available, or engage another dealer. But knowing what you said right now, I'm in no mood to pay nearly what they're asking, but I still want to take advantage of the Multiple Securities Deposit scheme they have going on till early New Year.

Either way thank you so much for your help in not only telling us that, but also what is a fair price for us to expect on this.

As much as we like what we drove today, we're not gonna get suckered. I'd much rather engage a high volume dealer in another state if that's what it takes.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 10:26 PM   #48
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
But knowing what you said right now, I'm in no mood to pay nearly what they're asking, but I still want to take advantage of the Multiple Securities Deposit scheme they have going on till early New Year.
BMWFS MSD program is an ongoing program and isn't expiring any time soon. So there's no need to worry with the program expiring (again) any time soon.

In the meantime read up on leasing before you dive into an impulse lease.

One the many the many mistakes leasees do is focus on a monthly payment that's advertised and make a cap cost reduction/down payment to get that monthly payment figure.

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 10:47 PM   #49
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
BMWFS MSD program is an ongoing program and isn't expiring any time soon. So there's no need to worry with the program expiring (again) any time soon.

In the meantime read up on leasing before you dive into an impulse lease.

One the many the many mistakes leasees do is focus on a monthly payment that's advertised and make a cap cost reduction/down payment to get that monthly payment figure.

The dealer suggested a 5k down, 36 month lease for 10k miles/year. Because we are novices who have been convinced that leasing is the way to go and fits our lifestyle, we were actually initially completely fine with the lease payment structure, but we never make an impulsive decision. We really liked the G05 they have on the lot but not so much to overpay for it 1 cent than what is a fair price according to what others on this forum have gotten across the country. On our f15 (granted we did buy that in mid december), they gave us around 16% off and we were pleased as punch with it, and they've treated us so well generally, and for maintenance and checkups etc in the intervening years so we were happy to give our business to them again. So we figured this would be an easy negotiation, a good way to build a rapport and we'd custom build the spec'd out model we wanted. But I always knew I'd get their 'best price' in hand and come here and ask you guys first if you thought it was fair. Clearly its not.

The only good thing that came out of today is that we now are convinced we want to lease. In terms of why I'm in a rush to buy now, I was just using this image that seems to imply that the MSD runs out early next January:

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...1&d=1574720248

it seems to suggest that Jan 2020 was a 'cutoff' but I'm glad to know it will exist past then. So one final question, will dealers still be willing to negotiate 10% off msrp before incentives after the new year hits or is this the only time I have to engage whoever to make a deal? I was told this was historically the 'best time' to get a new car, but I also didn't expect our dealer would try to lowball/be shady with a potential repeat customer like this...

quite a shame really, we loved the model we drove and would have been happy to bring it home this weekend and have it for the holidays, if we thought the deal was right.

Last edited by thereef510; 11-28-2019 at 01:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 05:56 AM   #50
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
The only good thing that came out of today is that we now are convinced we want to lease. In terms of why I'm in a rush to buy now, I was just using this image that seems to imply that the MSD runs out early next January:

I wouldn't really base anything on that date. Incentive programs run for either a month or year and usually are renewed each time period. Since the MSD program was just brought back last January it is doubtful it won't be renewed.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 08:03 AM   #51
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The dealer suggested a 5k down, 36 month lease for 10k miles/year. Because we are novices who have been convinced that leasing is the way to go and fits our lifestyle, we were actually initially completely fine with the lease payment structure, but we never make an impulsive decision.
Any cap cost reduction/down on a lease is throwing money away especially if you get into a wreck or your vehicle is stolen. Gap insurance won't help much in these cases.

Quote:

it seems to suggest that Jan 2020 was a 'cutoff' but I'm glad to know it will exist past then.
Using the 5K+ for MSD would be the consensus of the majority of Bimmerpost leasees as you'll get the money back at the end of your lease or you can roll it into your next one.

Quote:
So one final question, will dealers still be willing to negotiate 10% off msrp before incentives after the new year hits or is this the only time I have to engage whoever to make a deal? I was told this was historically the 'best time' to get a new car, but I also didn't expect our dealer would try to lowball/be shady with a potential repeat customer like this...
Sure most dealers should be willing to negotiate more than 8% off MSRP before incentives. If your dealer doesn't want to play then shop around and get counter offers, or order from an out of state dealer and experience the PCD delivery.

I've done business with my dealer for over 15 years. I sent him an email with my custom build, reminded him of my repeat business and I'd like him to take 11% off. He grumbled with not making $ on the deal. I replied with 10% and put a $1K order deposit that day. We shook hands and done.

Quote:
quite a shame really, we loved the model we drove and would have been happy to bring it home this weekend and have it for the holidays, if we thought the deal was right.
Just do your math, plug in numbers at Leasehackr calc, get some opinions and go back armed with info to negotiate.

Last edited by Auricom; 11-28-2019 at 09:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 08:08 AM   #52
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just do your math, plug in numbers at Leasehackr calc, get some opinions and go back armed with info to negotiate.
Well I wouldn't have any of this information without any of you folks taking the time out of your day to explain all of this, we're gonna go and try to renegotiate tomorrow to a deal we are happy with, if not we're gonna definitely shop around.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 09:02 AM   #53
vink
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5C, 2020 BMW X7 M50i

Quote:
Quote:
Well I wouldn't have any of this information without any of you folks taking the time out of your day to explain all of this, we're gonna go and try to renegotiate tomorrow to a deal we are happy with, if not we're gonna definitely shop around.
Bought a F90 M5C from my dealer a month ago at 12% discount. I leaned towards a X7 instead of a Mercedes GLS. I was offered 5% discount though being reminded of 10% discount common in the area on X7. They didn't budge, said they're just making $500 over invoice. I do my homework before approaching any dealer to avoid being treated like a novice and any unpleasantries. I walked away and placed order with another dealer 100 miles away. It was just a 3 minute conversation and I closed the deal.
I feel negotiation is more psychological and customer desperation makes things difficult.
Shop around and make calls out of state. If a dealer is desperate to make a deal, they can get you a car, if available from another dealership with the options you need!
Appreciate 2
Auricom4361.50
thereef5101165.00
      11-28-2019, 10:00 AM   #54
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vink View Post
I do my homework before approaching any dealer to avoid being treated like a novice and any unpleasantries. I walked away and placed order with another dealer 100 miles away. It was just a 3 minute conversation and I closed the deal.

I feel negotiation is more psychological and customer desperation makes things difficult.

Shop around and make calls out of state. If a dealer is desperate to make a deal, they can get you a car, if available from another dealership with the options you need!
^^ this +1

Appreciate 1
vink92.00
      11-28-2019, 12:49 PM   #55
BMPHIL
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 M60i

At the moment can get over 14% in the UK from online website.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 12:04 AM   #56
midwestbmwguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X6M- 40i

Made a deal today on Black Friday for 16% off on a 2020 in St. Louis
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 12:31 AM   #57
karateboi87
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestbmwguy View Post
Made a deal today on Black Friday for 16% off on a 2020 in St. Louis
Any more details to be shared? 16% including incentives? What incentives did you qualify for? What's the doc fee in MO?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 10:33 AM   #58
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

wow you all but stole it! congrats!!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 01:48 PM   #59
midwestbmwguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X6M- 40i

MRSP: 75,170
Discount: -9,115
Rebate: –3,250
Dealer fee. +195
Total. $63,000

Mineral white exterior. Black Vernasnca leather

Included Packages & Options

Executive Package
$5,600

Remote Engine Start $300
Soft-Close Automatic Doors
Panoramic Sky Lounge LED Roof
Rear Manual Side Window Shades $250
Heated & Cooled Cup Holders
Icon Adaptive LED Headlights w/Laserlight $1,000
Parking Assistant Plus
Head-Up Display
SiriusXM Satellite Radio w/1 Year All Access
Drive Recorder
Wireless Charging
Gesture Control
WiFi Hotspot
Enhanced USB & Bluetooth
Active Park Distance Control
Surround View w/3D View
Rear View Camera

Driving Assistance Professional Package
$1,700
Luxury Seating Package
$1,600

Front Ventilated Seats
Multi-Contour Seats $750
Front Massaging Seats

Wheels: 20" x 9" V-Spoke
$600
Included Options
Fineline Stripe Brown High-Gloss Wood Trim
Front & Rear Heated Seats $350
4-Zone Automatic Climate Control
Heated Front Seats w/Armrests & Steering Wheel $250
CD Player Prep
Transmission: Sport Automatic
harman/kardon Surround Sound System $875

Last weekend I looked at vehicles at the two Kansas City area dealers they were willing to make deals but did not have what I wanted. This car was purchased for my St. Louis dealer. I talked to two of the four St. Louis dealers. Both were willing to be very aggressive on Black Friday.

I was pleasantly surprised that I made the deal and picked up the car this morning.

Will also send away for the CCA rebate of $1,000.00

Last edited by midwestbmwguy; 11-30-2019 at 02:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 06:52 AM   #60
BobBeau
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
You should run the numbers yourself because generally using multiple MSDs you will get a return much higher than you can get in any other comparable investment (MM, CD's, etc.). If I remember correctly my effective return was about 7.5%.
Thank you for the feedback and will check into it. I found it strange that he is telling me what to do with it.
You're not dealing with Peake, are you?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 06:54 PM   #61
Tejael
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 328i

Garage List
2022 BMW M850i  [0.00]
Hi all, i read the entire thread and not to high jack be you guys seem to be in the know...................... i hope this isn't a stupid question........ ok im 90% sure i will be ordering my next BMW but ive never done this before............ i was told today that i had to completely finance the car once we agreed on a price and sign all paperwork before i actually got to SEE the car? why cant i just make a down payment of 2/5k? Is this common?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 06:58 PM   #62
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejael View Post
Hi all, i read the entire thread and not to high jack be you guys seem to be in the know...................... i hope this isn't a stupid question........ ok im 90% sure i will be ordering my next BMW but ive never done this before............ i was told today that i had to completely finance the car once we agreed on a price and sign all paperwork before i actually got to SEE the car? why cant i just make a down payment of 2/5k? Is this common?
What you are being told is not correct or at least not normal. Many dealers don't even require a deposit to order a vehicle. You don't need to sign any of the paperwork until after you inspect the vehicle and accept it.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 07:20 PM   #63
Tejael
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M850i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
What you are being told is not correct or at least not normal. Many dealers don't even require a deposit to order a vehicle. You don't need to sign any of the paperwork until after you inspect the vehicle and accept it.

Thank you so much for the confirmation! i thought this sounded weird compared to what i've read.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 07:32 PM   #64
Pictor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX xDrive50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejael View Post
Where are you located? In the US this is not normal. The car isn't yours until you take delivery so you cannot finance the car when you order it. They can ask for a deposit (in most cases in the US the deposit is refundable) and ask that you fill out a credit application but neither mean you've financed the car. The deposit is typically about $1000 but they can ask for more.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 07:49 PM   #65
Tejael
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M850i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pictor View Post
Where are you located? In the US this is not normal. The car isn't yours until you take delivery so you cannot finance the car when you order it. They can ask for a deposit (in most cases in the US the deposit is refundable) and ask that you fill out a credit application but neither mean you've financed the car. The deposit is typically about $1000 but they can ask for more.
Thx for info guys truly appreciate this forum I'm in Miami,Fl went into Braman today and the CA said that i had to completely finance the car saying the dealer cant be stuck with it.................. i couldn't just change my mind............WTF. i thought it was weird and glad to know he didn't know WTF he was talking about!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 06:24 PM   #66
karateboi87
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Just ordered the same build I posted a while ago (that no one commented on lol), plus manual rear sun shade for an extra $250.

I was able to get 10.93% off MSRP after 3-4 rounds of negotiation via email. No other dealer came close.

My local dealers in Chicago sat at 9.3 and 8% respectively.
Appreciate 0