BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-03-2019, 12:51 PM   #1
midwestbmwguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X6M- 40i

Remote 3D view failed

Not sure hot to fix this as it still shows the car being at the dealer in St. Louis and i'm in KC.
What settings should be on the car and what settings on the Remote 3D view

Under locate its shows the vehicle at the dealer location.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 08:30 PM   #2
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Do you have all the services accepted and enabled in the vehicle? That’s the only thing I could think of...but some people on here mentioned having to get their stuff refreshed via BMW Genius over the phone. I know the services have been a bit wonky as of late. Heck, mine says it locks from the app, but still says unlocked after stating successful. Weird!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 09:48 PM   #3
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G05

Only other thing is that you may need to pickup your car at the dealer, but maybe I'm just being cheeky now
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 08:53 AM   #4
midwestbmwguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Not sure why its not working I sent an message to BMW CD Support <customercare@bmwassist.com> and the refereed me to look at the app. Not a lot of help
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 08:27 AM   #5
midwestbmwguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

BMW customer assist is useless
Request Received] CDCCUS-13004: RE: The connected drive on my car still shows it at the dealer on October 26, 2019 how do I get this fixed or reset. ---

We see issues with the provisioning of the services in this vehicle.

We recommend performing an Update Services in your vehicle to refresh the connection. This can be done by following the steps below:

- Navigate to "Apps" using your iDrive controller.

- Click on "Installed Apps"

- Open “Options” button (physical button surrounding your iDrive controller)

- Click on “Update Apps and Services”.

Once the update completes, we recommend shutting the vehicle off and allowing a few minutes before restarting the vehicle to check the connection.

If issue is not resolved after this update, please visit your BMW Center for further assistance.

Sincerely,
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2019, 08:30 AM   #6
midwestbmwguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Did not work. Still showing car 250 miles away in St. Louis.
Changed the date to yesterday from October.

I can send the car a gps address in Kansas City and it gets it correctly and will navigate correctly 4.5 miles.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 08:17 PM   #7
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestbmwguy View Post
Did not work. Still showing car 250 miles away in St. Louis.
Changed the date to yesterday from October.

I can send the car a gps address in Kansas City and it gets it correctly and will navigate correctly 4.5 miles.
Same issue with two X5s - and same advice from CD Help - one car stopped updating 20 Oct. Interestingly, we seem to be in the same part of the country - more convincing evidence of some sort of server issues. I supposedly have a "ticket" in to IT, FWIW. Also followed all the Microsoft suggestions from BMW - uninstall/reinstall CD, remove car/add car, update apps, but nothing that might actually require some action from BMW or that might work. Reminds me of that old MS joke - if your car doesn't start, try rolling all the windows down and back up again and see if that works.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 08:21 AM   #8
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep

Did you try taking the battery out and putting it back in?

All joking aside, that is pathetic! I can't believe the GPS is that F'd up. But the nav works? I was hoping it would just be a fresh start, but it sounds like you tried everything. Is there a was for BMW to refresh the connection? How the heck does it navigate correctly, but not locate?

Did you try and completely nuke everything? I've had to sign out and delete the app on my phone, then reset iDrive and remove everything. I will say it is 50% luck and 50% doing it in the right steps, which seems to change on BMW's end every update. Hoping it all gets resolved...that's a pain in the ass having to take the car back to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 12:45 PM   #9
midwestbmwguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Yep tried everything. I guess that BMW. Can’t support their product very well.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 08:15 AM   #10
midwestbmwguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Does BMW care that their technology sucks!
Here’s a couple screenshots of my Connected drive showing the car still sitting at the dealer back in October26.

I pick the car up at the dealer when I purchased it on December 1.
Call’s to BMW do not work deleting and re-setting the app five times does not work.
I have tried the reset that they suggested going to the app for Connected drive on the car. And then hitting the download software. That indicates an update but nothing happens to show that the car is connected to the app.
Attached Images

Last edited by midwestbmwguy; 12-09-2019 at 08:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 08:29 AM   #11
midwestbmwguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Updated app in car for the 6th time.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 08:47 AM   #12
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep

midwestbmwguy I agree with you. If something is still in development, that's one thing. However, the app and their site advertises this as functional features. I guess it all comes down to your definition of functional. The items in the app that I believe MUST work are: unlock/lock, remote start/stop, locate, and Remote 3D. I can send events and directions all day to my vehicle, but it is kind of useless for my application.

If only everyone started ripping BMW NA on BBB, they are obligated to respond. One or two, maybe three people is nothing...but a good number, well maybe that would light a fire under their ass. To me, they're taking the "yeah, so what are you gonna do about it" approach.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 09:06 AM   #13
midwestbmwguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Yep very frustrating issue. Call their 800 number and talk to their genius. There’s nothing genius about their answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randybobandy View Post
midwestbmwguy I agree with you. If something is still in development, that's one thing. However, the app and their site advertises this as functional features. I guess it all comes down to your definition of functional. The items in the app that I believe MUST work are: unlock/lock, remote start/stop, locate, and Remote 3D. I can send events and directions all day to my vehicle, but it is kind of useless for my application.

If only everyone started ripping BMW NA on BBB, they are obligated to respond. One or two, maybe three people is nothing...but a good number, well maybe that would light a fire under their ass. To me, they're taking the "yeah, so what are you gonna do about it" approach.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 10:24 AM   #14
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestbmwguy View Post
Yep very frustrating issue. Call their 800 number and talk to their genius. There’s nothing genius about their answers.
I'll add to that, just so you don't need to try it - removed and re-added the car, changed the PIN, deleted and reinstalled the app on multiple devices. Oh, and completely reset the car to factory settings. None of it worked.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 10:40 AM   #15
AEC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i M Sport

Here’s what worked for me. Ymmv.

I went on the Connected Drive website. A message popped up that there was a change in the terms of service. I okayed that and checked all of my preferences and saved the changes.

On my phone, I logged out to the app and then logged back in. Within a hour or so, everything was updating perfectly and I was able to use the remote start and remote lock/unlock.

I still get an error when using the Remote 3D View. I’m not sure if that’s my software version or a BMW server issue.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 10:47 AM   #16
midwestbmwguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
I'll add to that, just so you don't need to try it - removed and re-added the car, changed the PIN, deleted and reinstalled the app on multiple devices. Oh, and completely reset the car to factory settings. None of it worked.
correct did all of the above multiple times
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 11:06 AM   #17
midwestbmwguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Sent a note this morning to BMW same garbage they gave me three times last week by email. Then no follow up.

[Request Received] CDCCUS-000000: FW: Genius/connected drive service

Reply above this line.
Hello,

Thank you for contacting the BMW ConnectedDrive Support team. We will reply back to your inquiry shortly. In the meantime, here is a link that might help answer your question while you wait.

https://www.bmwusa.com/explore/connecteddrive.html

Thank you,

ConnectedDrive Support

Your Message:

I have been trying since last Monday to get this issue fixed. Is connected drive a bait and switch issue for BMW. I have called your 800 number 5 times and emailed you several times. No success in resolving my problems. I currently can’t use the features you sold me on the vehicle. How are you going to get them activated?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 11:12 AM   #18
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
Here’s what worked for me. Ymmv.

I went on the Connected Drive website. A message popped up that there was a change in the terms of service. I okayed that and checked all of my preferences and saved the changes.

On my phone, I logged out to the app and then logged back in. Within a hour or so, everything was updating perfectly and I was able to use the remote start and remote lock/unlock.

I still get an error when using the Remote 3D View. I’m not sure if that’s my software version or a BMW server issue.
Did that before. Zip. Also deactivated and reactivated Remote Services. Zip.

*Interestingly, when I deactivated Remote Services, the image of my car showed up with a cover on it for a few seconds - so something is being transmitted and received. If I deactivate Remote Services on the website, I'm given the option to Activate Remote Services on the app. When I do, I get Locate Vehicle and Remote 3D View as options - but nothing else. When I then activate Remote Services on the web, it adds Climatize Now and Departure Climate Timer as options on the app - none of which work of course. I'm not unacquainted with Android apps and programming, but this one has me stumped. And it all worked perfectly before, for a month or two.

Last edited by Paladin1; 12-09-2019 at 11:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 11:13 AM   #19
AEC
Lieutenant
Rep

midwestbmwguy, what software version does your car have? Could that be the issue? You may have reached the limit of what online support can do for you and a dealer visit may be necessary.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 11:17 AM   #20
AEC
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Sorry. I think the step that made the difference for me was saving the changes on the Connected Drive website. Everything updated normally when I took delivery, but seemed to stop once changes were made on the website. Wish I could’ve helped more.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 11:54 AM   #21
midwestbmwguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
midwestbmwguy, what software version does your car have? Could that be the issue? You may have reached the limit of what online support can do for you and a dealer visit may be necessary.
7/2019.53
Took delivery of the car on December 1. I would assume that that was the upgraded software.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 11:57 AM   #22
midwestbmwguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Exactly The same thing it took a minute or two to repopulate with the proper car image and information.

Quote:

*Interestingly, when I deactivated Remote Services, the image of my car showed up with a cover on it for a few seconds - so something is being transmitted and received. If I deactivate Remote Services on the website, I'm given the option to Activate Remote Services on the app. When I do, I get Locate Vehicle and Remote 3D View as options - but nothing else. When I then activate Remote Services on the web, it adds Climatize Now and Departure Climate Timer as options on the app - none of which work of course. I'm not unacquainted with Android apps and programming, but this one has me stumped. And it all worked perfectly before, for a month or two.
Appreciate 0