BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-04-2019, 11:53 AM   #1
giwuken
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 e45 2019

Delivery X5 45e tomorrow

Last night car-less.
Although partly for tax-reasons for my company, this car will be our main family car.
Initially I was going to go for all-electric, but we can't make it to our cabin in Lapland without major de-tour. Closest charging facility on our route from Helsinki is at 280 km...
So tomorrow I'm picking up my first ever newly bought car...

Model TA61
Mineral white
Black leather interior
Options:
Business pack
Entry side boards
Hitch
Roofrails
Sunroof
Electrical seats front
Laserlight
Active CC
Winter tireset
TT3 tracking

G
      12-05-2019, 02:56 AM   #2
chrisvd183
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 xdrive45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by giwuken View Post
Last night car-less.
Although partly for tax-reasons for my company, this car will be our main family car.
Initially I was going to go for all-electric, but we can't make it to our cabin in Lapland without major de-tour. Closest charging facility on our route from Helsinki is at 280 km...

Model TA61
Mineral white
Black leather interior
Options:
Business pack
Entry side boards
Hitch
Roofrails
Sunroof
Electrical seats front
Laserlight
Active CC
Winter tireset
TT3 tracking

G
Nice one ! Mine is also scheduled to be delivererd in week 51. But when they are using the K-line shipping ... the boat is already 5 days at standstill in bremershaven. Normaly it should arrive at Zeebrugge on 5/12.... for delivery week 51.
Do you have more info on the boat being used ?
I'm following "APOLLON HIGHWAY" and the "FIGARO"
Production date was : 14/11
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 04:31 AM   #3
Jafayz
Private
Rep
Drives: X45E

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvd183 View Post
Quote:
Last night car-less.

Model TA61
Mineral white
Black leather interior
Options:
Business pack
Entry side boards
Hitch
Roofrails
Sunroof
Electrical seats front
Laserlight
Active CC
Winter tireset
TT3 tracking

G
Nice one ! Mine is also scheduled to be delivererd in week 51. But when they are using the K-line shipping ... the boat is already 5 days at standstill in bremershaven. Normaly it should arrive at Zeebrugge on 5/12.... for delivery week 51.
You have to count 2 a 3 weeks from Arrival Port To your dealer...
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 05:02 AM   #4
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e 2020

Can you track your vehicle as non-us customer?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 08:00 AM   #5
Jafayz
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikheetleon View Post
Can you track your vehicle as non-us customer?
Sadly not. You can find other topics on this forum.
If you have a very good sales he can inform you on production status (ask for production code) and then you can try to track your car yourself following some info on this forum regarding vessel schedules Etc.) good luck !
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 12:10 PM   #6
giwuken
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 e45 2019

Quote:
Mine was on Tosca last month (wilhemsen). But I pushed for direct delivery from Zeebrugge. Rolled of the boat and 1 week to dealer. 3 days to my driveway... me happy...
(mind you my first delivery date was Oct 22...

Now the fun starts with the config...

G
      12-05-2019, 02:20 PM   #7
Jafayz
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Mine was on Tosca last month (wilhemsen). But I pushed for direct delivery from Zeebrugge. Rolled of the boat and 1 week to dealer. 3 days to my driveway... me happy...
(mind you my first delivery date was Oct 22...

Now the fun starts with the config...

G
Great giwuken.
When was your production day? Mine was 22/10 and thought mine also was on the tosca. However No sign yet of my car (last status was 165 with last status update on 6/11) ...
My sales rep can not tell me more. Which concession? Pm me
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 12:23 PM   #8
chrisvd183
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 xdrive45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafayz View Post
Great giwuken.
When was your production day? Mine was 22/10 and thought mine also was on the tosca. However No sign yet of my car (last status was 165 with last status update on 6/11) ...
Hello, My sales rep said that there are some strange things happening.
Mine is now expected @ dealer next week. So 1 week early. I think my car was on the PATRIOT...
He also told me that the delivery schedule was mixed up. Some scheduled next week are coming beginning of jan etc... some from januari are on the last week of december....
I did follow a boat APOLLON HIGHWAY for example and they where stuck on bremershaven from 30dec until today (today they are in bremerhaven). I think he said status was 180 or something so he is in Europe.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 03:44 AM   #9
Jafayz
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Great giwuken.
Hello, My sales rep said that there are some strange things happening.
Mine is now expected @ dealer next week. So 1 week early. I think my car was on the PATRIOT...
He also told me that the delivery schedule was mixed up. Some scheduled next week are coming beginning of jan etc... some from januari are on the last week of december....
I did follow a boat APOLLON HIGHWAY for example and they where stuck on bremershaven from 30dec until today (today they are in bremerhaven). I think he said status was 180 or something so he is in Europe.
Hi, at least you have an update...
My concession can not inform me at all.
We ordered 4 X5 hybrid (I ordered together with friends 2 weeks earlier then 2 other friends. Those 2 have an update status of 182 (so cars waiting in Zeebrugge to be transported to Genk for "finishing) while mine is still on 165 for 7 weeks (the 2 other cars were for sure produced after mine) so hopefully a bug in the system (last update of status is 6/11) . In the end he might be in company of the 3 other cars...
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 03:45 PM   #10
W0ut
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 xdrive45e

Quote:
Hi, at least you have an update...
My concession can not inform me at all.
We ordered 4 X5 hybrid (I ordered together with friends 2 weeks earlier then 2 other friends. Those 2 have an update status of 182 (so cars waiting in Zeebrugge to be transported to Genk for "finishing) while mine is still on 165 for 7 weeks (the 2 other cars were for sure produced after mine) so hopefully a bug in the system (last update of status is 6/11) . In the end he might be in company of the 3 other cars...
Picked up mine last week in Genk. They had several other 45e on the lot waiting to be delivered over the weekend. It took my car >10days from Zeebrugge to dealer.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 01:00 PM   #11
2REP
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 45e M

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0ut View Post
Picked up mine last week in Genk. They had several other 45e on the lot waiting to be delivered over the weekend. It took my car >10days from Zeebrugge to dealer.
Did you pick it up at the dealer in Genk or the BMW Depot?

My car is on the ship since 4th Dec (production date 02th Dec). I had calculated it would have been on the TOSCA which sailed yesterday but it's been in code 165 since 04th and there was only 1 ship on that date .. That's the good news. She also said that it would only arrive in Genk on Week3/2020 which seems a very long time even though X5's are given priority and they tagged my order as urgent.

So if there is a possibility to pick it up in Genk or have it straight towards the dealer from Zeebrugge I would very much appreciate any inside info you can spare
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 12:55 AM   #12
W0ut
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 xdrive45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2REP View Post
Did you pick it up at the dealer in Genk or the BMW Depot?

My car is on the ship since 4th Dec (production date 02th Dec). I had calculated it would have been on the TOSCA which sailed yesterday but it's been in code 165 since 04th and there was only 1 ship on that date .. That's the good news. She also said that it would only arrive in Genk on Week3/2020 which seems a very long time even though X5's are given priority and they tagged my order as urgent.

So if there is a possibility to pick it up in Genk or have it straight towards the dealer from Zeebrugge I would very much appreciate any inside info you can spare
Pick-up at BMW concession in Genk.
Do you gain a lot of time with Zeebrugge pickup?
I always thought that they had to do a lot of (import) administration etc. Mine arrived at the dealership and we had to wait an extra 3 days for all the papers to arrive.

Production date according to VIN: 26 September 2019
Arrived at Zeebrugge : +- 25 October
Arrived at dealership: 05 November
Available for pickup: 10 November

Not 100% about arrival in Zeebrugge. On 06 October my car had status code 165. (= at sea/water). I started following a vehicle carrier that left Charleston seaport two days earlier. It arrived in Zeebrugge on 25 October.
Appreciate 1
2REP20.50
      12-10-2019, 03:49 AM   #13
2REP
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 45e M

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0ut View Post
Pick-up at BMW concession in Genk.
Do you gain a lot of time with Zeebrugge pickup?
I always thought that they had to do a lot of (import) administration etc. Mine arrived at the dealership and we had to wait an extra 3 days for all the papers to arrive.

Production date according to VIN: 26 September 2019
Arrived at Zeebrugge : +- 25 October
Arrived at dealership: 05 November
Available for pickup: 10 November

Not 100% about arrival in Zeebrugge. On 06 October my car had status code 165. (= at sea/water). I started following a vehicle carrier that left Charleston seaport two days earlier. It arrived in Zeebrugge on 25 October.

Thank you.

My dealer told me cars are taken from Zeebrugge to Genk before being delivered to them (they are based in Antwerp) but she must be mistaken then.

I have arranged for the wrapping company to pick up the car from the dealer as soon as it arrives and while we wait for the paperwork.
Wrapping + coating takes 4 days so car should be back at dealer at the same time the paperwork is finished

First time I'm so impatient when it comes to a car
Appreciate 0