BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-01-2022, 11:38 PM   #23
3Wagon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325iT

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcus2man View Post
No, there are no issues tinting the windshield.
I’ll share my experience vs the potential issues I read before tinting. I put on i3 ceramic 80%
  • Looks basically untinted from the outside; went with 80% on the fronts and 40% on front windows then 20% on the rears. This gradual transition has not led to any issues in Cali.
  • No night time issues.
  • The HUD works fine
  • No issues w/ dimming. I think they’ve got a solution for that now in software, but there were some reports of tinting windshield leading to a dimmer issue w/ the dash; that didn’t happen for me.
  • The two issues I’ve had - fastrak transponder doesn’t work all that well (I am resigned to just using my plate) and
  • The rain sensing wipers *ARE* slightly less sensitive.

I fully recommend doing this as it really cuts the heat in the car. It doesn’t FULLY reject all solar energy, but the car is noticeably less hot now that I have full cerarmic tint.

Also, the ceramic tint didn’t affect the moon roof at all. I read through every report of moonroof tinting possibly leading to the moonroof cracking. I couldn’t find enough reports that led me to believe there is a link, as there were just as many reports of untinted moonroofs having issues. So far so good, at least for me.
Appreciate 1