08-24-2006, 12:47 PM   #45
SapphireBlackG01
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 X3, Formerly ‘06 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caster
I love how everyone automatically gets offended, and starts bringing up that just because his car is modded it shouldn't be compared to a stock M3--just because it beats it.

If someone on here was able to mod their E90 to beat a stock M3, and he was able to show it, would you guys still be saying the same thing? The one thing I hate about BMWs and their drivers is that just because at the end of the day you go home beat, you're somehow still a "winner" because you drive a BMW. Honestly, your a loser, I don't care which way around it, sure you drive an M3, but you guys honestly have to give this guy with an A4 respect, that he was able to tune his engine enough to beat an M3, and out of anyone, I'd expect BMW drivers to know how quick M3's really are.

I understand that it might not be fair to compare this car to that car because this car has this and that car has that, but honestly, if you were on the street in an M3 and some "punk ass fool" in an A4 (just because he rolls an A4) and shows that he wants a challenge and takes you, you're not going to complain that his car was modded and beat you, you'd probably still be in shock that your $50,000+ M3 was just beat by an A4, and honestly I give this guy some props, I think he should come out to LA and spank some of these M3 drivers. Mad props to the guy in the A4

PS: This wasn't directed at anyone intentionally and I'm not trying to flame anyone--just bring up a point
No, honestly. Just no.
Guy #1: "Hanz, I know zee window switches have always been next to zee shifter in zee 3er cars, but I think ve should move them to zee door!"
Guy #2: "But zee doors are already designed and ve do not have time to re-design them!"
Guy #1: "Just make it verk or you vill be verking over at VW!"
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2006, 12:51 PM   #46
SapphireBlackG01
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood
I don't like racing in a straight line but I had an Audi S3 before and it was tuned to more than 270BHP and more than 360Nm(1.8 turbo)@ 2500+rpm it was 'just as fast' from 0-120mph as my E46 M3 6 speed manual.IRL.

But I blew the 1.8 t engine
Thank you.

And THIS, ladies and gentlemen, is why a tuned 1.8T does NOT deserve the same amount of respect as the S54 engine.
Guy #1: "Hanz, I know zee window switches have always been next to zee shifter in zee 3er cars, but I think ve should move them to zee door!"
Guy #2: "But zee doors are already designed and ve do not have time to re-design them!"
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2006, 12:52 PM   #47
SapphireBlackG01
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdnyc
My B5 A4 handled a lot better than my E90. The A4 was on stock sport suspension....
LOL.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2006, 12:56 PM   #48
SapphireBlackG01
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper
At up to 8/10ths effort (i.e what most drivers do most of the time) the A4 is an entirely credible alternative to a 3 series.
Having driven both, yeah, for once I can agree with you.
Appreciate 0