BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-29-2020, 10:43 AM   #1
greghorne
GReg
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

STOP020783

Anyone able to tell me what this relates to please? I believe it's battery cable related
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 04:21 PM   #2
lexieke
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5

Probably related to https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1761019
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 04:23 PM   #3
greghorne
GReg
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexieke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexieke View Post
My car is a 30d M sport not a hybrid
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 10:44 PM   #4
sebseb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 45e

Looks like there's also a recall on the 30d mild hybrid drivetrain if I'm not wrong. Wonder if it's somewhat the similar to that the 45e going through.

https://www.motor-talk.de/forum/ruec...-t6952565.html

Another topic that is tracking the same issue I'm guessing?https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1761798
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 08:37 AM   #5
Russh
United Kingdom
Rep

I was supposed to pick my new X5 3.0D m sport up on the 29th of this month however I got a call from the dealer to say BMW had put it on a safety hold, something to do with battery cable. I have no date to pick up yet. Anyone else had this issue.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 09:19 AM   #6
greghorne
GReg
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russh View Post
I was supposed to pick my new X5 3.0D m sport up on the 29th of this month however I got a call from the dealer to say BMW had put it on a safety hold, something to do with battery cable. I have no date to pick up yet. Anyone else had this issue.
Quote:
Yeah - I'm in the same boat mate. Was supposed to pick mine up last Friday. Munich aren't talking to the dealerships about what the exact problem is or what the fix is and delivered cars are not affected. I'm at the point of asking for my deposit back.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 09:29 AM   #7
Russh
United Kingdom
Rep

Its hard to understand why they can’t give more details about the issue & the expected time to get this resolved. I had already waited an extra week, my choice though as I had the front grill changed to the black one & the wheels repainted black to match.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 09:31 AM   #8
greghorne
GReg
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Its hard to understand why they can't give more details about the issue & the expected time to get this resolved. I had already waited an extra week, my choice though as I had the front grill changed to the black one & the wheels repainted black to match.
Quote:
Quote:
Its hard to understand why they can't give more details about the issue & the expected time to get this resolved. I had already waited an extra week, my choice though as I had the front grill changed to the black one & the wheels repainted black to match.
Just out of interest how much did that cost? I've got black on black so was considering doing the grill and wheels as my existing F15 has them
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 09:36 AM   #9
Russh
United Kingdom
Rep

I worked the black grill swop as part of the deal and £400 to have the wheels painted.
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2020, 12:13 PM   #10
greghorne
GReg
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I worked the black grill swop as part of the deal and £400 to have the wheels painted.
Quote:
Quote:
I think I'll be asking for the same for FREE as compensation. By the way. Hope you didn't take the tyre insurance??
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 12:36 PM   #11
Russh
United Kingdom
Rep

No, no tyre insurance. I fear the worst, it could be weeks before they release any vehicles. Gutted.
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2020, 12:49 PM   #12
greghorne
GReg
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
No, no tyre insurance. I fear the worst, it could be weeks before they release any vehicles. Gutted.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Good move on the tyre insurance because if you get one puncture in a RF you have to replace all 4 tyres apparently according to BMW technical services otherwise you invalidate the warranty on the Xdrive system.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 06:21 AM   #13
Projax65
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 (G05) 40d

Hi. I took delivery of a 40d with Mild Hybryd and 48v on 8th Sept. Just checked and I have a Technical enhancement (Recall no STOP020783)... I booked it in for Mon 12th Oct, they didnt have a lot of detail but said was battery cable related and I will get car back same day... I'll update progress
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 09:27 AM   #14
Russh
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for the update. Disappointing the dealer couldn’t give me any information apart from dont know when you will get your car.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 08:55 AM   #15
Russh
United Kingdom
Rep

I called my dealer this morning to ask for an update only to be told, no further information, only it is related to the battery cable and no resolution date from BMW.
So pi###d off
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 09:14 AM   #16
greghorne
GReg
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I called my dealer this morning to ask for an update only to be told, no further information, only it is related to the battery cable and no resolution date from BMW.
So pi###d off
Quote:
So pi###d off
Same here. I've emailed Auto Express about it.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 12:06 PM   #17
Phil284
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projax65 View Post
Hi. I took delivery of a 40d with Mild Hybryd and 48v on 8th Sept. Just checked and I have a Technical enhancement (Recall no STOP020783)... I booked it in for Mon 12th Oct, they didnt have a lot of detail but said was battery cable related and I will get car back same day... I'll update progress
I mentioned other dealers have booked in X5s to my dealer - and they said this was rubbish! No fix has yet been issued by BMW UK so unless the dealer is guessing a fix will be released at that point. My 40d is waiting for the fix at the dealer - and I've not seen it yet!
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2020, 02:24 PM   #18
greghorne
GReg
United Kingdom
Rep

Letter about the stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil284 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projax65 View Post
I mentioned other dealers have booked in X5s to my dealer - and they said this was rubbish! No fix has yet been issued by BMW UK so unless the dealer is guessing a fix will be released at that point. My 40d is waiting for the fix at the dealer - and I've not seen it yet!
This is the letter I got
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 02:47 PM   #19
Phil284
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

The lack of any sort of date is really frustrating. My current car is going to be part exchanged, I've only paid the deposit. Considering walking if it's not sorted soon.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 03:21 PM   #20
Russh
United Kingdom
Rep

I am in exactly the same position. If nothing definite by the end of this week I will be calling the dealer asking about cancellation process.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 03:41 PM   #21
greghorne
GReg
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
The lack of any sort of date is really frustrating. My current car is going to be part exchanged, I've only paid the deposit. Considering walking if it's not sorted soon.
Quote:
Me too. X5 F15 M sport being PX'ed only paid the deposit but I got such a good deal. They sucked up £2,500 negative equity on my car, took £1k deposit and £699 per month for an M Sport and threw in Tech Pack and Visibililty Pack.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 09:46 AM   #22
Projax65
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 (G05) 40d

Quote:
Hi - I actually went on BMW.co.uk and went to the recall section under owners / recall information. Hopefully the screenshot shows on this post (i removed my VIN) but my vehicle was on there. The Dealer did have to make some enquiries when I called them but confirmed it was an open technical enhancement for my vehicle..... I only looked because I saw this issue on the Forum which was helpful. I hope I dont regret saying this but i've done 1700+ miles so far and the car is superb, no signs of any issues... (fingers crossed)
Attached Images

Appreciate 1