01-04-2024, 02:52 PM   #45
matowi
First Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 X5 M60i  [0.00]
What would I find on Porsche forums in posts of people who switched from X5s to Cayennes? 😉

(I’m not being sarcastic; truth is I never bothered to check and Porsche pricing puts me off; I’m genuinely asking so that I can get some ammo to respond to my brother who’s bothering me with annoying comments that I should opt for a Cayenne V8 instead of the M60i I ordered)

Had: '15 F10 535d; '21 G11 740d
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 03:14 PM   #46
cobramite
Banned
Rep
Drives: '24 X6 M60i, '22 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by matowi View Post
What would I find on Porsche forums in posts of people who switched from X5s to Cayennes? 😉

(I’m not being sarcastic; truth is I never bothered to check and Porsche pricing puts me off; I’m genuinely asking so that I can get some ammo to respond to my brother who’s bothering me with annoying comments that I should opt for a Cayenne V8 instead of the M60i I ordered)
As a current Porsche owner and having previous Cayennes I looked closely at the literature, options etc on the '24 Cayenne S and decided that I was not going in the Porsche direction this time.
The M60i has more of what I enjoy like a more powerful V8(shown to produce nearly 600HP along with a mountain of torque.
Don't get me wrong Porsche products are cool and do what they promise but are rapidly becoming what many consider to be a poor value.
Tell your brother to buy himself a Cayenne S if he is that sold on it and he can report back.
Appreciate 1
matowi261.50
      01-04-2024, 03:40 PM   #47
BlkGS
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
Quote:

They'd talk about how "the dynamics in the Porsche are better", and stuff like "you can feel the steering feedback more" and "Porsche spends more time engineering the cars for performance and it shows" and other vague stuff like that. They wouldn't openly talk about their opinions on the new BMW taillights they are always stuck seeing, or how they spent $7500 to have the Porsche crest painted a different color.

Jokes aside, the Porsches "don't compete on price". What that means is that the Cayenne S is $95k base, and so the more appropriate cost trim to look at is the X5M. Build a decent S out and it will likely cost more than the X5M, but get whooped by the M-Lite.

What does your brother drive? Buying the Porsche requires you to have more money than sense, and/or be beholden to the brand. You buy the Cayenne because you want tomsay you own a Porsche for clout, not because it makes any sense competition wise.
Appreciate 1
matowi261.50
      01-04-2024, 03:49 PM   #48
matowi
First Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 X5 M60i  [0.00]
Bro drives a very nicely modded 5 series touring 540i (pre-LCI G31). He was thinking to ditch it and order an X5 M60i as well, but dropped the idea

He’s now considering to add an M2 to his 5er, but waits for the xdrive flavor to be added first (Poland isn’t friendly to rear wheel drive performance cars for much of the year)

The Cayenne-tease he’s been giving me comes from exactly these vague statements brought up by BlkGS. I’ve no way of attesting to the merit of such statements, however. And neither does he (afaik, he’s never driven a Porsche; and I drove one only once, some 10 years ago, and it was a 911 Turbo S convertible - not really a contender against an X5…)

Had: '15 F10 535d; '21 G11 740d
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 04:05 PM   #49
LDT
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Quote:

Take a look at Rennlist and you’ll find several threads Cayenne vs X5. Surprisingly there is lots of love for the X5 on Rennlist. Now if you wanna talk real sports cars…. A 911 Turbo or Cayman GTS 4.0 is easy to love over any M Car.
2015 GL 350--diesel burner/highway queen
2013 Audi S6--a beast in it's day
Appreciate 1
matowi261.50