BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-15-2020, 06:19 PM   #1387
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Unrelated but how do ya'll feel about the XFL so far?

I've been hoping the league succeeds but so far I'm not very impressed. I've caught a little bit here and there of the games and the football is pretty mediocre. At least in college football you have some very entertaining games, rivalries, school history, etc. I just don't see any entertainment factor in the XFL. You can see the missed tackles, poor throws, dropped passes, etc. that you don't see very often in the NFL or NCAAF.

The NBA/NHL are going to heat up, baseball is going to start, March Madness is around the corner, etc. I don't see how XFL will compete. Poaching top level NCAAF talent ready for a payday rather than sacrificing their bodies for zero compensation is probably their only chance.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 02:52 PM   #1388
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Whatever. Dak has been a winner consistently throughout his career. We'll see how things go with McCarthy.

zeke.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 05:16 AM   #1389
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Unrelated but how do ya'll feel about the XFL so far?

I've been hoping the league succeeds but so far I'm not very impressed. I've caught a little bit here and there of the games and the football is pretty mediocre. At least in college football you have some very entertaining games, rivalries, school history, etc. I just don't see any entertainment factor in the XFL. You can see the missed tackles, poor throws, dropped passes, etc. that you don't see very often in the NFL or NCAAF.

The NBA/NHL are going to heat up, baseball is going to start, March Madness is around the corner, etc. I don't see how XFL will compete. Poaching top level NCAAF talent ready for a payday rather than sacrificing their bodies for zero compensation is probably their only chance.
I'm not feeling it either. I hate this time of year as I am not a Nascar fan. So I have to wait for March to get my fix of anything.
      02-20-2020, 11:01 AM   #1390
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

i like the xfl so far.

announcers arent ass like the aaf was, and hearing playcalls and coaches talking to their players is a fun twist.

and any sports event that lets the winners shotgun beers/hard seltzers is a win in my book

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0