08-03-2020, 01:47 AM   #23
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco135 View Post
Is there a way you can public or privately share the codes you used for the hands off and all roads Acc ?
I'm not aware of any coding method to disable hands off detection on the G05, but wouldn't share if I did.

There are lines we should not cross and this is one of those (pun). I can't determine the configuration of the car any defeat would be used on, the attitude to risk of the driver, or the type of roads driven.

A 07/2020 i-step G05, fully coded to turn on all assist features, driven on fairly well marked highways, with the hand on knee next to the wheel and driver fully attentive is 99.99999% safe.

A 11/18 i-step G05, no coding, on unmarked non-highway roads, with the driver watching netflix is an accident waiting to happen.

There are no secrets on the internet anymore, but I won't be the source for this specific info.
Appreciate 1
VTENGR1045.00
      08-04-2020, 04:20 PM   #24
ddelX52019G05
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2019 X5 40i, Audi A7 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_G0530d View Post
Its definitely more sensitive, I mean I hold the wheel quite firmly and was getting that annoying alarm.

Let me know how you go at the dealer, hopefully 07/2020.xx fixes it.
When in for service to upgrade to 07/2020.25 I mentioned the issue, the service advisor said the technician found that a sensor was dirty, (which is surprising because, I try to keep the car clean) although I first noticed the problem on an evening when my wife and I were driving far out into a rural area to get away from light pollution to get a better glimpse of the Neowise comet. With rural roads and darker skies comes an abundance of juicy summertime bugs attracted to the bright laser headlights, maybe one too many bugs on or near a sensor or camera? Since the visit to the service department the issue seems be resolved, so it seems to support that the SW was not the issue.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 10:01 PM   #25
FreddyBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i iSTEP 07/2020.54

I am in the same boat.... but a little different with my story. Since the delivery, my truck would sway in the lane (not too wavy but one would definitely feel as if I am intoxicated). I took it to the dealer within a week of purchase and they said that it probably needs some "calibration". They did. Nothing fixed (in my opinion, lol) and I kept quiet as if it was "Normal" (like you give a lollipop to kid and he is happier than before now!)

Then (recently) the 07/2020 Update introduced the "Keep Hands On Wheel frequently" behavior. I was quiet again..... Now I have to deal with two things. 1. Frequent hands on wheel warnings and
2. Lane Swaying

"Looks like "ifr" in this forum is enjoying A GREAT RIDE the way he wants". Just a bit envy.
      08-05-2020, 04:22 AM   #26
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyBMW View Post
I am in the same boat.... but a little different with my story. Since the delivery, my truck would sway in the lane (not too wavy but one would definitely feel as if I am intoxicated). I took it to the dealer within a week of purchase and they said that it probably needs some "calibration". They did. Nothing fixed (in my opinion, lol) and I kept quiet as if it was "Normal" (like you give a lollipop to kid and he is happier than before now!)

Then (recently) the 07/2020 Update introduced the "Keep Hands On Wheel frequently" behavior. I was quiet again..... Now I have to deal with two things. 1. Frequent hands on wheel warnings and
2. Lane Swaying

"Looks like "ifr" in this forum is enjoying A GREAT RIDE the way he wants". Just a bit envy.
If it wasn't for the security implications I'd post a video.

Think you guys would be surprised how well these cars can self-drive.

Closest is this video:

My differences - I don't get the wheel prompts over 40mph (except for hazards), lane change is automatic, and mine probably stays central in the lane better than in this video.

Also, have the Traffic Light Assistant which stops at Red/Amber lights, speed is set automatically, and I get prompted to auto-lane-change when a highway exit approaches.
Appreciate 4
      08-07-2020, 03:21 PM   #27
coco135
Rep
Drives: 2009 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post

Closest is this video:

My differences - I don't get the wheel prompts over 40mph (except for hazards), lane change is automatic, and mine probably stays central in the lane better than in this video.

Also, have the Traffic Light Assistant which stops at Red/Amber lights, speed is set automatically, and I get prompted to auto-lane-change when a highway exit approaches.
I don’t understand how you’re the only person I know of that can use the full TJA (hands off) over 40mph.
Only under TJA the car can self drive and that’s at 40mph and under
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 07:42 PM   #28
edtreo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i MSport

Quote:

When you say lane change is automatic, do you mean it change lane by itself without pushing the lane change indicator?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 01:24 AM   #29
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtreo View Post
When you say lane change is automatic, do you mean it change lane by itself without pushing the lane change indicator?
No, just the now normal auto lane change unfortunately. I'm guessing they are planning for this seeing as the highway exit assistant is moving towards car driven lane changes, and the Emergency Stop Assistant can already move the car across lanes to the hard shoulder in some markets.

While we get loads of goodies in the UK, one we didn't have when I got my car was the automatic Lane Change Assistant. I needed to code that on.

My key point is that when you enable all of the drive assist tech that BMW puts in these cars, and a few that they haven't even released yet, it's a Tesla rival. Shame there's so much red tape that they have to cripple the features across markets.
Appreciate 1
edtreo88.50
      08-19-2020, 01:43 AM   #30
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

https://news.sky.com/story/hands-fre...egins-12052089

Interesting. The UK, and other European countries, doesn't currently even have the 40mph Hands Off Option (HOO/eTJA) enabled due to EU regulations.

If this passes legislation, could the UK be one of the first to get the Steering Assistant + feature, and will they retrofit to older models?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 10:28 AM   #31
grimluster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 23 M5C, 21 X5 M50i

Quote:

Closest is this video:

How were you able to do that? Any negative side effects?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 03:07 PM   #32
edtreo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i MSport

Quote:
No, just the now normal auto lane change unfortunately. I'm guessing they are planning for this seeing as the highway exit assistant is moving towards car driven lane changes, and the Emergency Stop Assistant can already move the car across lanes to the hard shoulder in some markets.

While we get loads of goodies in the UK, one we didn't have when I got my car was the automatic Lane Change Assistant. I needed to code that on.

My key point is that when you enable all of the drive assist tech that BMW puts in these cars, and a few that they haven't even released yet, it's a Tesla rival. Shame there's so much red tape that they have to cripple the features across markets.
Thanks for the clarification. I thought you were referring to similar Tesla Autopilot feature where it is able to change lane automatically based on traffic.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 03:32 PM   #33
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

I am on 03/2020 and it typically happens when the side markings on the road disappear. And on some Belgian roads that happens a lot.

It happens more often now than a couple of months ago. Is it possible that BMW changed the programming / sensitivity OTA without notification?

So like mentioned here before the yellow lines showing the side of the road are detected in the center display become gray until it can find them again and they turn yellow again.

In my experience it had nothing to do with holding the wheel. If it happens in the described situation I only get the sound and the two lights on the steering wheel but not the pictogram of the red steering wheel with two hands on the hud or center display as seen in a warning to hold the steering wheel.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2023, 07:17 AM   #34
lpawelek
Rep
Drives: G07 30d

Quote:

Closest is this video:

IFR,
would you be so kind and give me the exact coding for "I don't get the wheel prompts over 40mph" because I tried to do by Esys with the cheat sheet but no luck. Thx in advance.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2023, 08:24 AM   #35
nicodep
Private
France
Rep
Drives: G05 45e- ex G11 740xd F13 640d

Hi,
No one could find the code to change to delay the HOD?
The goal is not to deactivate it, but just to add a few seconds because it's too short today !

03-21-2024, 05:24 AM   #36
Tylast
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5 45e (2023)

With the upgrade to 11/2023.50, the steering wheel alert for not holding it is way more aggressive. I'm literally holding it with both hands & get an alert daily, where before it was once a week. I would like to code the sensitivity, but not completely disable it.
Appreciate 1