BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-10-2020, 08:25 AM   #1
bmw4
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 F15

Broker focused on finance vs lease

Hi all, noticed that most brokers used here are lease focus. Anyone care to pm me brokers that also do buying thru financing vs lease? I realize the deals are much better via lease, but I need the flex to dump the car at my convenience and don't want to deal with lease transfer, etc. thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 06:25 PM   #2
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Interesting, I would think a good broker would handle leasing and purchasing.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2020, 04:35 PM   #3
Cougar85
///M550i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw4 View Post
Hi all, noticed that most brokers used here are lease focus. Anyone care to pm me brokers that also do buying thru financing vs lease?
I have been curious to ask when I've seen the discussions, and now seems like a good time...

Why do you use a broker?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2020, 06:45 PM   #4
produhktiv
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 M850i First Edition

Garage List
2021 X5 M50i  [0.00]
2019 M850i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar85 View Post
I have been curious to ask when I've seen the discussions, and now seems like a good time...

Why do you use a broker?
  • They find the car YOU spec or a dealer to custom order it for you.
  • Great discounts
  • Great BMWFS rates (no Base markup when leasing)
  • They handle EVERYTHING (choosing dealer, negotiations, financing, delivery, etc.)

I have tried multiple times to work with local dealers, and each time the Broker saved thousands (and in one case 10's of thousands) off of what the local dealers wanted.
Appreciate 1
bforbrian702.00
      08-15-2020, 10:09 PM   #5
Cougar85
///M550i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by produhktiv View Post
  • They find the car YOU spec or a dealer to custom order it for you.
  • Great discounts
  • Great BMWFS rates (no Base markup when leasing)
  • They handle EVERYTHING (choosing dealer, negotiations, financing, delivery, etc.)

I have tried multiple times to work with local dealers, and each time the Broker saved thousands (and in one case 10's of thousands) off of what the local dealers wanted.
Hmmm, perhaps things are different in other states?

We've found that forging a proper relationship with a salesperson affords us all of those things.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 07:57 AM   #6
produhktiv
Private
Rep

Garage List
2021 X5 M50i  [0.00]
2019 M850i  [0.00]
Quote:

We've found that forging a proper relationship with a salesperson affords us all of those things.
Agreed, and in the MB and Audi world, I have those relationships here in ATL. I have spoken to the two biggest BMW dealers here in depth, as I very much want to "buy local", but it just wasn't happening, even talking to the sales managers directly. Real world example, my M850i First Edition (~$140k msrp) monthly lease cost locally was going to be ~$1600/month with $10k+ down. Broker got me $5k OTD (including all tax) and a <$1000 monthly payment (all BMWFS terms the same.)

If ANYONE in ATL has a sales relationship where they are getting "forum" level discounts, would welcome an introduction.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 09:40 AM   #7
wheine4147
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw X6

Quote:
Quote:

Agreed, and in the MB and Audi world, I have those relationships here in ATL. I have spoken to the two biggest BMW dealers here in depth, as I very much want to "buy local", but it just wasn't happening, even talking to the sales managers directly. Real world example, my M850i First Edition (~$140k msrp) monthly lease cost locally was going to be ~$1600/month with $10k+ down. Broker got me $5k OTD (including all tax) and a <$1000 monthly payment (all BMWFS terms the same.)

If ANYONE in ATL has a sales relationship where they are getting "forum" level discounts, would welcome an introduction.
Live in FL and bought X5 in Ga last month. Got 9% off before incentives and they delivered to me. Couldn't do better than 5% here in FL.
Appreciate 1
      08-16-2020, 01:35 PM   #8
Cougar85
///M550i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Real world example, my M850i First Edition (~$140k msrp) monthly lease cost locally was going to be ~$1600/month with $10k+ down. Broker got me $5k OTD (including all tax) and a <$1000 monthly payment (all BMWFS terms the same.)
Impressive.

So what was the broker's selling price on your ~$140k msrp M850i?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 03:52 PM   #9
produhktiv
Private
Rep

Garage List
2021 X5 M50i  [0.00]
2019 M850i  [0.00]
Quote:
Impressive.

So what was the broker's selling price on your ~$140k msrp M850i?
PM if you want more details. It was a Unicorn, but one I would have not known about without Bacon.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 06:31 PM   #10
m3_08
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 conv, IX M60, model Y

Quote:

Same experience here. I see I can get better deals via email from dealership in the middle of USA than my local BMW dealer. May be that dealer does much better deals for the out of state customers like FL, lol
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2020, 05:41 AM   #11
Finito84
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:

Why do you use a broker?
That is the eternal question - a) DIY - do it yourself vs b) involving a third party

My in laws have no desire of negotiating and they get a better deal that they would otherwise get from the dealership (the broker is a family friend). He does the transaction from beginning to end and brings you the car and all the paperwork. They just swap one lease for another every three years and the broker takes care of extra mileage and any minor use and tear negotiation. The broker always knows what dealership is more aggressive or what it is going on at that time.

A lot of the people in our office building uses this broker and even referred him to a few friends and clients, getting always great feedback.

If the third party can generate more value than the cost, then, it might make sense. Value might be cheaper than you could get it, not dealing with the whole process, etc.

For me, I am a foreigner and I think they will rip me off. My only US dealership experience to check a car (Audi Q8) was not great as they offered a fair price for the trade in but no discount on the new one. I did not buy it as the sales person was not straight forward, plus I am more interested in the X5. Honestly, I was not ready and I did not do my homework, so I assume my part of responsibility.

In my case, thinking about getting the X5 by the end of the year, I told the broker what I am looking for and checking posts here that have been fundamental to decide on the X5.

I assume majority of the members of this forum would choose DIY as I see people here taking action and messaging several dealers, and negotiating with them.

-----

Regarding the main question of this thread, I have also seen brokers more inclined versus the leasing maybe because they have recurring business every three years? Leases have more variables to consider and makes it better to get deals, so client is happy? Also, lease allows to have a relatively new car for the second hand market. Not sure of the correct answer, but a few thoughts cross my mind.
Appreciate 1
      08-25-2020, 05:10 PM   #12
Cougar85
///M550i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finito84 View Post
That is the eternal question - a) DIY - do it yourself vs b) involving a third party
Interesting...

Thanks for the insight & enlightenment.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2020, 10:59 PM   #13
bmw4
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finito84 View Post
Quote:

Why do you use a broker?

My in laws have no desire of negotiating and they get a better deal that they would otherwise get from the dealership (the broker is a family friend). He does the transaction from beginning to end and brings you the car and all the paperwork. They just swap one lease for another every three years and the broker takes care of extra mileage and any minor use and tear negotiation. The broker always knows what dealership is more aggressive or what it is going on at that time.

A lot of the people in our office building uses this broker and even referred him to a few friends and clients, getting always great feedback.

If the third party can generate more value than the cost, then, it might make sense. Value might be cheaper than you could get it, not dealing with the whole process, etc.

For me, I am a foreigner and I think they will rip me off. My only US dealership experience to check a car (Audi Q8) was not great as they offered a fair price for the trade in but no discount on the new one. I did not buy it as the sales person was not straight forward, plus I am more interested in the X5. Honestly, I was not ready and I did not do my homework, so I assume my part of responsibility.

In my case, thinking about getting the X5 by the end of the year, I told the broker what I am looking for and checking posts here that have been fundamental to decide on the X5.

I assume majority of the members of this forum would choose DIY as I see people here taking action and messaging several dealers, and negotiating with them.

-----

Regarding the main question of this thread, I have also seen brokers more inclined versus the leasing maybe because they have recurring business every three years? Leases have more variables to consider and makes it better to get deals, so client is happy? Also, lease allows to have a relatively new car for the second hand market. Not sure of the correct answer, but a few thoughts cross my mind.
Agreed. Having just pulled the trigger and seeing the results I got with a broker, not sure why anyone goes through the trouble, unless they enjoy the hunt for the bargain and have previous experience getting results. I totally see the argument on both sides, but broker is worth the fee considering the total savings.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2020, 06:44 AM   #14
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Not to hijack your thread, but I'm also intrigued by the idea of going through a broker for my next purchase, if they can get me a better deal. When I was shopping last year in August, I ended up emailing about 21 dealers surrounding the Chicagoland area and was finally able to secure a little over 9% off on my G05 and 10% off on my G20. The entire process took about a week of me being inundated with phone calls and emails, but in the end it wasn't too painful. I didn't build any relationships, I just went with the highest bidder in a large pool of dealers.

I'm curious if a broker can do significantly better than that (or at the very least slightly more of a discount than the broker fee).

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 0