BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-05-2020, 04:20 AM   #1
jeet
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Hi All,

I have been working on TLA/TLR since the last two weeks and have made some progress. I was wondering if someone is willing to work jointly on this and we identify the missing piece of the puzzle.

Checked the blocking options codes 8LK & 8LR not present on my Aussie car.

I have so far discovered all the relevant codes from BDC_BODY and HU_MGU.

Traffic Light Assistant
1.Consider Traffic lights (visible and enabled)
2.Consider Stop signs (visible and enabled)
3.Resume at green Traffic Light

Traffic Light recognition
Display traffic light phases (visible and enabled)

Distance Control
1. Avoid overtaking at the left side
2. Adjust distance acc. to situation

Link for Codes
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i5I...ew?usp=sharing

Thanks
Jeet
Attached Images

Last edited by jeet; 08-05-2020 at 04:38 PM..
Appreciate 3
      08-05-2020, 05:07 AM   #2
wg1_72
Rep
Drives: F15 3.0d m_Sport

thx very much!
can you show the codes please.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 09:30 AM   #3
mandomedic122
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2019 X5M G05, Mini 2016 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeet View Post
Hi All,

I have been working on TLA/TLR since the last two weeks and have made some progress. I was wondering if someone is willing to work jointly on this and we identify the missing piece of the puzzle.

Checked the blocking options codes 8LK & 8LR not present on my Aussie car.

I have so far discovered all the relevant codes from BDC_BODY and HU_MGU.

Traffic Light Assistant
1.Consider Traffic lights (visible and enabled)
2.Consider Stop signs (visible and enabled)
3.Resume at green Traffic Light

Traffic Light recognition
Display traffic light phases (visible and enabled)

I am happy to share the codes if anyone wants to try and work out. It appears that it is blocked by region/land mask still searching for the same.

Thanks
Jeet
Can I get the coding information so I can try it on m X5. I will share my results with you.

Thanks

Armando
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 09:49 AM   #4
iknowdjz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2020

Would love to try this on my 2020 X5 (US)
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 04:40 PM   #5
jeet
Private
Australia
Rep

I have updated the first post the link for the codes and also included codes for Distance Control
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 08:23 PM   #6
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
I have updated the first post the link for the codes and also included codes for Distance Control
Just going on a hunch, but if traffic light assist follows the same logic as automatic speed limit assist then you may need to code some modules in the SAS2 ECU. I would start with the 42C1 CAFD file.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 09:39 PM   #7
bimmereason
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 40i, F10 535xi, F26 X4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Just going on a hunch, but if traffic light assist follows the same logic as automatic speed limit assist then you may need to code some modules in the SAS2 ECU. I would start with the 42C1 CAFD file.
One I've noticed the SAS2 was renamed to SAS3 after 20-07 update. BTLD was changed as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 11:04 PM   #8
jeet
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Quote:
Yes it does and that's where I have been looking SAS3 42C1.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 08:47 AM   #9
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

I'm wondering if the same CAFD files need to be modified b/c all the CAFD files in SAS2 (now SAS3) that change for aSLA are concerning regional restrictions.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 04:38 AM   #10
wg1_72
Rep
Drives: F15 3.0d m_Sport

Does TLA/TLR work on G05 MY19 with software 07/2020.30 in Austria (German)?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 04:40 AM   #11
jeet
Private
Australia
Rep

This is from another post from ifr

The following regions are explicitly excluded from TLA and will not get the feature even if they have DAP and a VO build of 11/2020+: All US 'type' models, China, Gulf, Japan, Korea, Australia, India, Brazil, Turkey, HK, Mexico, Singapore and Taiwan. Also, if the VO/FA includes either of the blocking Option codes '8LK' & '8LR' then the feature will be disabled.

This is an example of the under the hood coding the car uses to configure the TLA feature:

XPath=boolean(//cat[@val<"128"][crit[@val=3248]]) and boolean(//cat[@val="255"][crit[@val>=2011]]) and not(boolean(//cat[@val<"128"][crit[@val=186]])

That basically means if the car has DAP (3248) AND build version is >= 11/2020.x and the car is not one of a long list of exceptions (i abbreviated it, 186 = US type) then enable TLA.

This boolean logic changes between i-step and also the underlying code in the software changes to be able to support an active feature, including bug fixes.
Appreciate 1
      08-07-2020, 10:14 AM   #12
Trojanlaw
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Be very careful with this. You have NOT identified all of the codes for BDC and HU_MGU. More importantly, there are several codes needed in SAS3. It is also questionable whether any of the Stop Sign recognittion will operate without the proper FSC for GWW being present.

I would not recommend changing any of these codes until the SAS3 files have been confirmed as well.
marcosg24.50
      08-18-2020, 04:34 AM   #13
jeet
Private
Australia
Rep

I have made some progress and found codes in SAS3, these are definitely required for TLA/TLR requires UCC (Urban Cruise Control). Also the same codes are in DSC_VIP but I am not able to code anything in the ECU getting error. Have to wait for update from Esysx.

As soon as I enable the codes I get "Function not available in this Country"

It will give the same message for all the countries as below, it is blocked by Salapa condtions. China, Gulf, Japan, Korea, Australia, India, Brazil, Turkey, HK, Mexico,
Singapore, Taiwan and Russia.

Someone from Europe or UK can you please try and advise if it works?

Still working on it to get it working in all countries including Australia.

Updated Link for Codes
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bDT...ew?usp=sharing
Appreciate 2
LexxM31697.50
marcosg24.50
      08-18-2020, 10:42 AM   #14
RexDong
China
Rep
Drives: BMW G20

Quote:
I have made some progress and found codes in SAS3, these are definitely required for TLA/TLR requires UCC (Urban Cruise Control). Also the same codes are in DSC_VIP but I am not able to code anything in the ECU getting error. Have to wait for update from Esysx.

It will give the same message for all the countries as below, it is blocked by Salapa condtions. China, Gulf, Japan, Korea, Australia, India, Brazil, Turkey, HK, Mexico,

Updated Link for Codes
Change the vcm_country to ece in BDC may be work
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 05:18 PM   #15
jeet
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDong View Post
Quote:

Updated Link for Codes
Change the vcm_country to ece in BDC may be work
Hi Rex,

It won't work, it even checks the VO code and few more codes on other ECU's. Even if you change the VO code it still won't work.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 01:56 AM   #16
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
I have avoided commenting on this thread as it is sheer lunacy, but to keep my conscience clear, I must advise anyone reading this thread to NOT attempt to use the codes posted on here.

You are not only risking causing issues with your own car configuration, but could change the car to drive in an unexpected and dangerous manner.

Any experienced and responsible coder can tell that the OP has no business asking anyone to code anything. The lack of understanding of the basics of coding is shocking.

jeet - I took the time to explain at length to you why this coding should not be attempted. The i-step mappings for 07/2020 have not been made available to either TM or esysx! This means that even with the latest versions of these products any coder is working partly blind! Factor in the number of different combinations of mappings across different versions of products and its impossible to even reference some of the codes used for this advanced feature consistently.

That's just one reason. There are many more which I explained, but you didn't acknowledge my reply and said 'F* you' and continued anyway. That is your right of course, as it is my right to tell forum members to STAY AWAY from your coding as you don't know what you are doing!

How many simple codes have you published that have been tried and tested by the community and are now used safely on a regular basis?

I have been privately testing this with some VERY experienced and reliable coders across regions in a controlled and responsible manner. I was planning on releasing the codes if and when it was safe to do so. This thread has put a permanent stop to that, and I will not be releasing any coding involving the new features.

I will also not be providing any coding comments on any features moving forward jeet, so you can stop stalking and quoting my posts in case I let something slip!
Appreciate 11
pho116.00
volodp196.50
marcosg24.50
Trojanlaw264.50
AshD100.50
homerrr133.50
      08-21-2020, 09:36 AM   #17
volodp
Second Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 45e, 2022 iX40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Quote:
I have been privately testing this with some VERY experienced and reliable coders across regions in a controlled and responsible manner. I was planning on releasing the codes if and when it was safe to do so. This thread has put a permanent stop to that, and I will not be releasing any coding involving the new features.
Just going to hijack this post to thank you for your new feature reports. Sometimes just reading about what's coming at some point in future is quite enough. No need whatsoever to beta test those things when detailed reports and screenshots are published. I only wish BMW were doing this too. Thank you!
Appreciate 2
ifr1196.50
marcosg24.50
      12-31-2021, 03:24 PM   #18
kush43
Private
Rep
Drives: f20

Hello can i get the link please
Thank tou
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2022, 10:38 AM   #19
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X7;X5;S-Class;Navigator

@jeet can you please send me the codes? Specifically stop signs codes
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2022, 01:17 PM   #20
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I tried to code it based on the codes in the BimmerUtility software. That unlocked the TLA operation for me, but not the stop sign feature. Also, it does not give me option to adjust the green light indicator from early-late, etc

Last edited by BMW5and7; 08-08-2022 at 05:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 05:02 PM   #21
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
I have avoided commenting on this thread as it is sheer lunacy, but to keep my conscience clear, I must advise anyone reading this thread to NOT attempt to use the codes posted on here.

Any experienced and responsible coder can tell that the OP has no business asking anyone to code anything. The lack of understanding of the basics of coding is shocking. //..//.. There are many more which I explained, but you didn't acknowledge my reply and said 'F* you' and continued anyway. That is your right of course, as it is my right to tell forum members to STAY AWAY from your coding as you don't know what you are doing!

How many simple codes have you published that have been tried and tested by the community and are now used safely on a regular basis?

I will also not be providing any coding comments on any features moving forward jeet, so you can stop stalking and quoting my posts in case I let something slip!
ifr
The way you reacted aggressively against the OP is just weird and puzzling to me. He was sharing what he learned and users here are smart enough to decide if they want to follow or not follow his guidelines. You decided to not share your knowledge with anyone with regards to TLA for reasons you specified, which is fine. If so, at least let others post their own findings. We all want to try TLA coding just like you have it on your car. Many of us can be responsible enough to try it just like you tried it, but it is okay that you decided to not share your codes.

In summary, at least let others share their story and codes. You don't need to announce that in your opinion they have no idea what they are doing!.

It is SIMPLE! people can post code and add a disclaimer of "try it at your own risk!!" Problem solved, knowledge shared, risk is understood.

I mean seriously, the TLA codes are now available in the cheat sheet in BimmerUtility. it is NOT perfect, so if anyone can make it better, come on guys just share the knowledge.
Appreciate 1